No color from my DVD player

Username: Mkkreh

Post Number: 2
I bought a second hand DVD player and hooked it up to my tv....everything works great except I have no color. I've tried a number of DVDs and they all appear in Black and white...what's going on???

Silver Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 225
I think it could be NTSC or PAL version setup on player and TV. Try automatic detection.

Cheers
AL

Username: Mkkreh

Post Number: 3
NTSC? PAL?

Please explain, I'm not familiar with these...

Thanks for your help!

Silver Member

MadridSpain

Post Number: 231
NTSC and PAL are American/Asian and European video formats. Basically about how many horizontal lines in TV screen and how often it is refreshed. Nowadays, many DVD players and TV sets can handle both.

You probably find something about this in player and TV setup menues, or at least in manuals. You should to be careful and not experimenting. Nothing will break, but you might end up not seeing the menus and not being able to change any more. Just tell us what are the current settings.

Hasta pronto
AL

Silver Member

MadridSpain

Post Number: 232
Important: There could also be something wrong with this second hand unit. Did you buy it in a store with option to return it?

Username: Ligural

CaracasVenezuela

Post Number: 1
I have the same problem with a Daewoo 8300. Everything works fine: DVD and TV set are set at auto detection for PAL or NTSC, but when I try to play a PAL DVD, I see no color: only black and white. Have tried everything at the menu setting (choosing pal on the tv and the dvd, for example instead of auto) but nothing works.. Any idea? Thank you!

Silver Member

MadridSpain

Post Number: 243
Hmm, could be Region code... Is it a European disc?

Cheers
AL

Username: Beaver

Post Number: 8
it could be your s video cord. sometimes while hooking it up the little prongs inside get bent or broke. that well cause the problem you are having too. if that is it then you'll have to get a new s video cord. and if your connection is not with an s video cord then its probaly something with your dvd player. or if your using anolog try s vidoe better picture and it might work. hope this helps.

Username: Ligural

CaracasVenezuela

Post Number: 2
Al, yes it is an european disk but I already changed the zone of my dvd player to Region 2, both the dvd and tv set are set on auto for ntsc or pal detection. Have checked the connections as Chris instructed: everything looks OK but I still got no color on the film... Thanks for your help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us