Help with LG DV7832NXC dvd player

Bronze Member
Username: Throttle

Post Number: 12
Hi guys, I have a LG DV7832NXC dvd player with the HD up conversion. It only up converts when using the DVI output. My 42" hitachi LCD only has an HDMI input.

I bought a DVI to HDMI cable for 120$ cdn, and hooked it up. I didn't get any picture! So I tested the cable using my DVI on my satellite to the HDMI input on the TV and it worked.

I am wondering if maybe my dvd players DVI output is faulty?

Have any of you had any problems when converting DVI to HDMI? I cannot see a reason why my dvd player would not have a picture, unless it is faulty. The salesman at the store i bought the dvd player from said I need to select the DVI output from the DVD players setup menu. However I cannot find this selection ANYWHERE. the manual doesn't mention it either.

I am severely disappointed with this whole situation. I would be greatful if any of you guys could shed some light on this situation. Thanks in advance

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I still have not figured out this problem, if there is someone knowledgable, i would really appreciate some help. PLEASE!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Please HELP MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marty B
Unregistered guest
I think I found out why. You bought one of the newer versions. They changed the firmware to fix a problem they had with the DVI but also killed the component upconvert by doing so.
The good thing is that there is a fix for it. Go here and they tell you how. You basically just burn the old firmware to disk and put it in the player.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=6a49d45076a80fbea68b11c95a3f641e &threadid=400480

Here is where you download the old firmware.

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/expe...2_firmware.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Marty, thanks for the info. that AVS forum is much more helpful than this site. I will do the fix when i get home from work. I am excited to get the upconversion working. thanks again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us