Returned RPTVs - LCD/DLP/LCoS etc.

Malcolm
Unregistered guest
I have read many postings of buyers returning HDTVs (sometimes several!) to the seller that I wonder seriously what happens to all of them? Do they get re-worked, scrapped, returned to the manufacturer (with a note?), or do they get nicely re-packaged and resold to unsuspectiing buyers? I cannot imagine that sellers are so accomodating, nor can I believe that manufacturers so readily take back soooo many sets!
Does anyone know with some certainty, and has anyone discovered their purchase was re-packaged by a seller or manufacturer?
Curious Malcolm

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 106
Years ago when I worked for Magnolia Hi-Fi, we would send back the ones with issues for repair, and just general returns were re-sold as "open box" products at a discount. Every so often Manufacturers would send a large lot of refurbed TVs that would be sold as "B-Stock" at a large discount. These sets have to be clearly marked as a refurbished unit. Usually by adding a -R or -B to the serial or model number. Also, a lot of these units are bought by small dealers who resell them on Ebay, though their website, or though other methods.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us