Remote problem

Username: Kphart

Post Number: 1
We recently purchased a Samsung TS360 and have been trying to use a Directv remote with it. The Samsung remote that came with the unit didn't work and was sent back to the factory for repair. We can get everything to work using the Directv remote except the Menu. We can display the menu and can move up and down in it but not side to side and we can't select from the menu. Can anyone help with this problem? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 345
Probably just not compatible with the unit. Universal remotes that come with equipment don't have anywhere near as many codes or as good compatibility as a real universal remote.

Charles
Unregistered guest
I have a JVC LCD TV and have just purchased a Samsung DVD-V4600 which is a combined DVD and VCR. I would like to use a component cables to connect the DVD to the TV but since I have a cable TV connection the only connection for component video connections on the TV is being used for the cable connection so that I can receive HDTV. Should I simply use a S video connection for the DVD?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 351
S-video would be the next best choice if you can't use the component hookups.

charles
Unregistered guest
Thanks. I erroneously posted this in this thread.

Username: Kphart

Post Number: 2
Thanks David Massey. Could you suggest a universal remote that would work with the Samsung TS360 Hi-Def satellite receiver?

Anonymous

I'm also looking for a good universal remote for the TS360 Hi-Def satellite receiver.
Any advise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us