Mits 55513 or Hitachi 57T(or S)500

Username: Rta1023

Post Number: 1
I have been trying to figure out which RPTV to buy for the last 8 months or so. At first, I was all set on a Elite Pro530hd/hdi, but the streaking problem and the fact that Pioneer is stopping production on these scared me away.

Now that cost is more of a consideration (more expensive to refinish a basaement than I thought!!) I have narrowed the choice down to two - the Mits 55513 and the Hitachi 57T (or S)500. I have about 12 feet of viewing distance from the seats to the screen.

After looking around for a while, I'll wind up buying from PCRich. They gave me a good deal on the 55513, at just a penny under two grand (and they'll even throw in a Mits DVD player), while the Hitachi is about four "Benjamins" more.

They both seem to have their pros and cons. I will be using my Panny RP91 DVD player and Cablevision HD cable as my enhanced video sources, but it will also get a lot of SD input from the wife and kids (ie - SD TV and videos). Since I'll already have an HD tuner from the cable company, I'm not so sure the Mits tuner is that big of a deal - thoughts?

I am more concerned with PQ, strech modes, input flexibility, etc. Also, is it a big deal that the 57T500 will accept a 720p signal but the Mits doesn't?

All opinions/thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Rob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us