Using a NTSC Samsung DLP TV in the UK (PAL)

Nick from Dallas
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I am moving from the US to the UK and want to take my 50" DLP Samsung TV with me. I know that my tv is NTSC and that the UK uses PAL. But I have been told that if I connect the UK source programs (probably going to be SKY satellite) through a VCR or recordable DVD I should be able to then send the signal to the TV ok using the component video inputs or DVI perhaps. Is this true ?

What also concerns me is that UK kit tends to all use SCART sockets and I am worried if I will be able to get the right connections....

Any help would be much appreciated.....

Nick

Unregistered guest
Nick
I had (and still have) a similar problem. I have a Sony PalN/PalM/NTSC. It will not necessarily work with vcr or similar because most of them do not have a converter. I bought one in USA but the sky satellite signal is the only one not working (other input were correctly converted to NTSC or PalN/M - so the converter works). I got sound, colour and a non-stable picture. It works in B&W.
I am trying to find the solution for the sky signal but local people generally have no idea how to deal with it; they have learned how to plug the dish into the TV. Regarding the SCART socket - you can buy a SCART to RGB plugs - no problem with that.
I will appreciate your inputs if you get info how to get the sky signal to be converted
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us