Transferring from video camera to dvd recorder HDD - HELP!

tracey
Unregistered guest
i have just bought a Toshiba RD-XS32SG DVD recorder and i'm having problems transferring to the HDD from my video camera.
I have a mini DV (PC105E) and a Digital 8 (TRV355E) - both Sony.

If I connect via the DV cable I get a message saying 'The connection is unstable. You can connect only one device at the same time.' The recorder is connected to the TV via the VCR. Could this be the problem? I tried to connect it straight to the TV but couldn't get it to work.

If I connect via the S-video/AV cables it works on the mini DV but on the Digital 8 it will record for a few seconds then it tells me that the source is copy protected and stops the recording. The manual says it will sometimes do this if the heads on the video camera aren't clean. I cleaned the heads and it still does it.

What can I do?

Bronze Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 84
Are you trying to copy to the HDD? Doesn't the Toshiba have inputs itself that you can connect directly to it? I use that method and monitor the image through the output of the DVR. Mine is a Pana DMR-E80.

tracey
Unregistered guest
yeah, i'm plugging the camera directly into the DVR. The DVR is just connected to the TV via the VCR.

Bronze Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 85
On my Panasonic, I plug into the front ports, make certain I am seeing the image on the TV then hit the record. The act of seeing the image on the TV proves that you have the correct input selected. You should be able to record the image to the hard disk (I think you can record directly to a DVD-RAM as well, but I never did that) then dub to the DVD. Double check your manual, are there any special settings on the DVR for recording? Where does the unstable message show? Can you tell what device generated it?
Any Toshiba users out there that can help???

Unregistered guest
SI GRABO UN DVD (nO SE EN QUE FORMATO DEBO HACERLO) EN EL TOSHIBA GRABADOR DISCO DURO RD-XS32SG, DE UN PROGRAMA DE TV, NO PUEDO VERLO EN EL ORDENADOR XON EL XP PROFESIONAL 2000, ES NORMAL O DEBO HACERLO EN UN FORMATO INADECUADO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us