If You Had $3000 To Spend On An HDTV, What Would You Buy Today?

Username: Phoenixnik

Post Number: 1
I'm curious to see what your opinions are and to see if there's a concensus. Preferably, I'm looking for an integrated HDTV tuner. Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 69
I had $3000 to spend and I bought a JVC HD-52z585 52" D-iLA (3 chip LCoS). It does not have a built in HDTV tuner though. For under $3000 the most bang for your buck might be the Sony KDF55WF655 55 Inch LCD Rear Projection TV. It has a built in HD tuner and a cable card slot. I've seen them on sale for $2999.

Chadd
Unregistered guest
Just got my Sony 655 today. Sears delivered it. I plugged in my Time Warner HDTV DVR box and fired it up. Click, click on the settings and this picture is amazing!!

I just plugged in my XBox with my Monster cables. Click, click on the settings and WOW!!!

I got it from Sears for $2780 with no payments and no interest until January 2006!!!

hethj7
Unregistered guest
Well, I am looking to spend about that amount and have all but decided to purchase the Sony KDF-50we655. I would like to wait until the new panasonice LCD's come out to compare the two, but I can't hold out much longer.

Btw, there is a group buy on this tv over at http://www.agoraquest.com. Very good price that includes shipping. Just click on the group buy section at the site.

Mesquite
Unregistered guest
Check out the DLP sets! Much brighter, clearer,no burn-in, etc. Samsung HLP5063W with a TS360 HD receiver will blow away anything out there.

hethj7
Unregistered guest
Burn in is not an issue with the LCD sets either. I guess it depends if you see "rainbows" on DLP sets as to whether or not that is an option.

hethj7
Unregistered guest
I have also heard that lag is a problem with DLP when using things like a playstation or xbox. Again, I have no first-experience of this, but I have read about it. Just something to think about.

Silver Member
Username: Revan

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 140
get a micro-display. any flavor
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us