TIME WARNER OR VOOM

Username: Meeks

Post Number: 4
ANY BODY OUT THERE HAVE AN OPINION ON VOOM TV. I AM CURRENTLY A TIME WARNER GUY BUT I'M HAVENT BEEN TOO THRILLED SO I'M LOOKING TO JUMP SHIP. ANY THOUGHTS ABOUT SATELLITE AND IF I'LL GET ANY HD BROADCASTING FROM THAT. THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK..

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 73
I've had Voom for about 3 months now (after a few years with TimeWarner). I like the fact that Voom has the most channels in HD compared to other providers (especially their originals), but the majority of them are cinema channels with a good flick every now and then. Most of the time, the selection of HD material can be depressing, but there are my favorites, like the 'Rave' channel with concerts HD, and cheesy monster flicks on MonstersHD, and amazing aerial views from around the world on EquatorHD, among a handful of others.

The other advantage of Voom is that I can attach my own OTA HD antenna into the back of the receiver for local digital and HD broadcasts. I couldn't do that with TimeWarner's HD box. In truth, I would be happy with TimeWarner if they beefed up their selection of HD. And I would never have to worry about rainy days (which are few) that cause a momentary lapse of signal. For now, though, I am enjoying Voom, and getting my money's worth with my HDTV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us