DVD Recorders with DivX Capability

Username: Todbury

Post Number: 1
Hi there,

I have been looking thru some threads but as yet I haven't seen anything with regard to DivX. I am looking to get a DVD recorder and have heard of DivX but very little. Is there such a beast out there and would anyone recommend it?.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 305
Divx is a form of compression used for internet files. DVD recorders do not use it.

Dave C
Unregistered guest
I have been looking for the same thing but no success until I found the following on SCAN:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=148969
(Ellion DVR-530S in case the link breaks)

Note this is a normal DVD recorder which supports DIVX playback. I don't think there are any that record TO DIVX format but stand to be corrected.

(In fact this is the ONLY DVD recorder that supports DIVX at all that I have found. If anyone knows of others, please POST the info).

Cheers.

Bronze Member
Username: Bmarian

Post Number: 12
Yes, there is a Phillips 642 unit which retails for $70 at Target, and might be cheaper online. Very cheap, but does an awesome job at tackling Divx/svcd/vcd. Comes with a Component Video out and SVideo. I forget if it's progressive. It might have an optical out.

Best electronic thing I've ever bought for < $100. You won't be disappointed.

Bronze Member
Username: Bmarian

Post Number: 13
Oops, I am retarded. Failed to read the entire post.

Username: Edd080

Malta

Post Number: 1
Hi are you sure that the Ellion can play DIVX format as i have phoned scan computers and they told me that the model cannot play DIVX format, iam confused
Thanks.

Artificer
Unregistered guest
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdrecorders.php?DVDnameid=837&Search=Search&list=1

This is a review of the ellion DVR 530S, which includes a statement regarding the DIVX playback. It seems it does play MPEG 4, but I suspect it may depend on the encoding used?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us