Mitsubishi HS-U778 & tuning to satellite

Username: Rglaser

Post Number: 3
The instructions for setup tell me that the VCR will automatically tune to the satellite stations, as long as I input a code that corresponds to the type of satellite receiver that I have. My receiver has the JVC logo on it, as well as the Dish Network logo. My choices in the VCR manual and in the menus do not include JVC, but does include "Dish Network." However, when I put in the corresponding code, I get nothing. In fact, I get nothing with any of the possible codes (8 or 9 of them). I've triple-checked my connections, and everything appears to be correct. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Username: Bucketweet

California USA

Post Number: 8
If you run a coaxial cable from the satalite receiver to the VCR this should allow the VCR to pick up the channels. Leave the VCR on channel 3 or 4 and change channels using the satalite. Most satalites allow only one viewable channel at a time unless you have one of the new dual satalite receivers.

Good luck

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 14
Hooking to the RCA jacks and setting the VCR to line or auxiliary will give alot better picture than the cable input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us