56"-62" HDTV's Suggestions.

Username: Ryguy

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase an HDTV in the 56"-62" range. I will be ready to purchase in Novemeber and am currently leaning towards the HD2+ DLP technology. Anyone have some good suggestions of some recent models that I should take a look at? Thanks in advance.

Ben Q
Unregistered guest
Don't buy that DLP garbage unless you want audio/video sync problems, rainbows during fast motion in football games, and your friends getting headaches because of some cheap spinning color wheel. CC took this hunk of junk back no problem.
I spent hours looking at different technologies. The two that caused none of the above were Sony's LCD and JVC's LCOS(or D-ILA).

Sony coming soon: KDF-60WF655

Jvc coming soon: HD-61Z795

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 61
After tons of research I ended up getting a JVC HD52Z585. I've had it for close to 2 months and I love it. They also make a 61" version that was just too big for my room but falls in the range of what your looking for. . I'd recommend checking it out to see what you think. I'd be wary of Samsung. If you read though the forum you will see A LOT of issues with the DLP sets. The Mitsubishi DLP's seem to be a bit more reliable from what I've read.
Good luck hunting for a new set.

myName
Unregistered guest
i would recomend getting a LCOS tv... they only are made for tv's that big and that is the most evolved form of LCD (which doesn't have burn in) and it doesn't have the "rainbow effect" i believe...

my 1 cent...

Cy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us