Atmega setting guide

Username: Nazarhm

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I need help for a new Atmega 128 Card system .request for all in steps please...thanks

Username: Mrjinx

Nova Scotia, NS Canada

Hi everyone... just about to try my atmega card 128 with my bell 3100...

can someone please verify that my steps are correct... thanks!

first I want to hook my jtag up to the 3100 and save my tsop in a few safe places... then i want to program my card with the latest info and give it a whirl...

so when I get an ECM... i want to hook my jtag up to the 3100 and re-install the tsop i saved and then reporgram the card again.

Just want to make sure i'm clear on what to do. I'm pretty sure I need to save my tsop and refresh it to the saved version everytime I am hit correct?

Thanks for your time :-)

Jason

Silver Member
Username: Fryguy

Barrington Passage, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 112
Basicly thats right but to save yourself the headache install a d-lock then unpluging the IRD and pluging it back in resets the receiver.
Its stops direct writes to the TSOP so if ECM's are happening you dont have to re-flash or do a SA erace to recover from the ECM.

Anonymous

can you tell me what i am doing wrong programing my atmega 128 it keeps on saying failed to enter program mode how can i fix this

Silver Member

Barrington Passage, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 144
check your cable and the lock/fuse bits

"Lock/fuse settings
Here is the lock settings for the ATMega 128
and a little proceedure that helps set these back to default.

LOCK BITS - all checked
FUSE LOW - All checked but BODEN and SUT0
FUSE HI - OCDEN, EESAVE, BOOTRST
FUSE EXTENDED - both checked

[FF][AF][89][FF] ALONG THE BOTTOM

1. Load up jeepers, and plug everything in for your atmega
as normal (ie atmega in programmer, plug cable into compurer)
2. make sure jumper is ON
3. click the atmel tab, ATmega128, erase/flash eeprom
4. when it says erasing eeprom, PULL THE JUMPER
5. Do this 3 or more times
6. then do full monty, when it says erasing eeprom,
PULL THE JUMPER, and when it says writing, PUT THE JUMPER BACK ON
7. You will get errors, go back and repeat steps 3 to 6. You will
notice that each time you do the full monty, you will write a
little more to the card before you get an error.
8. eventually you will write the card, and you will
be able to erase the eeprom WITHOUT PULLING THE JUMPER
9. your atmega is fixed. Always program at the correct frequency

Some people had to do this 2~5 times
others I have heard take up to 20 times....Good luck."

If you still have this problem then the atmega chip is no good, replace the chip or just buy another card.

Nova Scotia, NS Canada

Post Number: 3
thanks for the info! i would love to install a tsop lock but unaware of anyone around my area that is using one or knows how to install... any good ref guide out there on the subject? I don't mind doing things myself as long as I have good documentation... very determinded person ;) lol

Unregistered guest
Moved my 3100 today when the wife came home with a new stand for the equipment. Long story short, all cables back in place but I am no longer getting any video feed from the box. The lock switch was moved for a few short moments durring the move. I re-checked all the cables, and re-programmed the atmega128 without issue - but the 3100 seems to be stuck in some kind of loop. Any suggestions on how to re-set?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 147
whats on the screen? What do you mean by a loop?
If you mean its stuck on accuiring satellite signal try the following.

"Get to the system info screen (sys info button on the remote) and your firmware should be E469. If its not un-plug your IRD and turn your locks off. Plug back in. Then you have to wait with the power off (without the green light on but still pluged in) for it to update (green led will come on but with no picture then start blinking) this can take some time (10 min to a few hours or so). The easiest way to update it to do a erace of SA3 with a j-tag and j-keys. This will force it to take an update. also while your on the sys info check if your location ID is 0000001 i doubt this is the case. post your findings please."

Unregistered guest
Sorry Jonathan - as a newbie, I am sure my original post was less than perfect. Nothing comes onto my screen at all. It seems as if the video cable is not connected - but of course, it is. I do get the flashing LED light though - so perhaps I just have to wait for it to update? The 3100 will not respond to the remote, and the only way to turn the LED (power) off is to either hold down the power button or unplug the power cable. How best to proceed?

Unregistered guest
my jumperless atmega 128 says atmel part is not atmega 128, what is going on???

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 150
no video signal, I would say your IRD was hit or it was unpluged during a TSOP update. Either case its not good. The only way to fix this is to get very familure to the use of a J-tag and the program J-keys. To force an update you'll have to erace SA3 for the 3100. If this dont work then you'll need to do a full manual flash of the TSOP's firmware.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 151
jacobHU, I hat to say it but if you know your cable is fine and you cant even get to the lock/fuse bits (without getting the error). Its a indication the the Atmel Atmega128 chip has died a miserable death. Replace the chip (If you can do fine pitch soldering) or replace the card.

Anonymous

Has anybody encountered a problem with an Atmega 128 -card being to short to make the proper contacts in a bell 3100 ?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 179
Can't say i have ever heard of that problem.
If a chip is hitting then its a bad card design (Be sure the contact side is down 'and its the component side also' when inserted, i know it may sound stupid but i have found that to be the problem with a few other PPL's cards, they were inserting them in wrong )

Unregistered guest
Having problem using jeepers, programming atmega 128
All the information, keys etc seem to be right, but won't enter program mode.
Checked my parrallell port config and it matches jeepers settings.
Card is brand new, out of the box.
HELP

Username: Barrynash17

What I did to fix "can't enter program mode"
Reset my BIOS to system defaults to make sure that LPT is addressed to 0x378. Used a gender changer ($5.00 @ Staples) male/male and plugged my card directly to the back of my PC. This was done after three days and many attempts. Works great.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 184
I doubt the problem had anything to do with the LPT port address being changed to the default 0x378 didn't have anything to do with your problem. You could have changed it to the port address you were useing in jeepers settings.
The problems i have seen in the past was the port mode (ECP,EPP) one mode or the other will poser the card better and also having the inproper or a cheep cable. They male to male cables need to be pin for pin, some computer shops have the data cross-over cables that look similar. The cheep cables dont have all 25 conductors, printers only use 8-10 conductors and they don't bother put the others because they realy arn't needed. unfortunatly the few wires they don't include are needed for the programer to work. (I cant remember if it was a few power or ground wires or exactly what the pins were) The direst connection is the best way, cant get the wire any shorter to avoid power loss that for sure. Post feedback on my statement, it will help others with the same problem.

Username: Patsyrick

Miramichi, NB Canada

We have a 2700c with an atmega 128. We lost our signal last night. Can someone help us? We are new at this, in fact this is the first time we've been on the site to ask a question.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 191
Please hit your system info button on the remote and tell me if at the bottom of the screen you have location ID 00000001, if you do your not going to like it. It can be fixed but not all that easily.

Unregistered guest
All i can get is black screens and a few free channels with an atmega 128 with 18.42 crystal in a 3900 receiver. Any ideas one whats wrong?

sss
Unregistered guest
I just bought an Atmega 128 and I don't know what to do with that. I don't know much about electronics. I'll appreciate if anybody can provide me with a site that I can go and learn from a guide. Thanks.

Nova Scotia, NS Canada

Post Number: 8
Atmega 128 - location ID of 00000001 isn't bad to fix if you have a jtag anyway! If not better find someone who does :-)

Nova Scotia, NS Canada

Post Number: 9
sss just look for an atmega guide on dishnewbies.com it's easy to do

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 194
JCH, My referring to it as not being easy, was from the eyes of a newbie. Most people aren't that technically inclined or even familiar/comfortable with computers. Then throw in some wires and a rather complicated program (J-keys) and what do you have. A heck of a confused newbie that's what. While me any you could most likely do it blind folded.

Nova Scotia, NS Canada

Post Number: 10
yes true... i see your point! sorry for coming across as a know-it-all :-)

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 195
No problem at all. It's easy to forget what it was like when we didn't know anything and were new ourselves. Now when I get asked a question that seems stupid to me I constantly have to remind myself that "There isn't a stupid question, other then one that wasn't asked", also "There isn't stupid questions, just stupid people" I think that's because they don't ask questions to learn the answers. :-D

Bronze Member

Nova Scotia, NS Canada

Post Number: 11
haha yes very true...

fryguy... any idea when the last ecm was done on atmegas before Aug 13? Just curious... starting using atmega in August and was just curious how often they did the ECM over the past few months.

Thanks!

buggyx
Unregistered guest
Having problem using jeepers, programming my atmega 128

1. have gender bender and cable (25-pin)
2. Using Jeepers ver 2.1.2 (build 020)
3. parallel settings are set for Bi-directional, or Normal.
4. Running windows 2000
5. Have never been able to get it to work

Jeepers sais :" failed to enter program mode"

Help Please

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 209
1: Check your lock/fuse bits, lock/fuse bits need to be right before you can write to the card.

2: Try diffrent port mode in the BIOS (ECP,EPP,ECP+EPP,etc) some will give better results by powering the card better.

3: Remove the cable and plug directly into the parellel port (with a gender adapator if needed).
You may have accidently got a crossover cable (DCC cable)or a cheep cable that don't have all 25 wires pin for pin.

4: Check what your HEX address for the parellel port is (in control panel/advanced tab, usualy its 0x378 for LPT1) to be sure you have the right port selected in jeepers.

Thats the most common problems. If they dont work then you may need a powered cable or your card is locked or it's fryed (thats a pun).

Unregistered guest
i need help
i need latest keys if you have can you please send me email on arslannaseer@hotmail.com or arslannaseer20022001@hotmail.com

Username: Johnnyk

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. I have 8 atmega 128 programes. I have connected direct to he printer port with 6 feet cable.When I try to erase/flash it keeps saing failed to enter program mode. I'm trying to go to Lock/Fuse settings and say the same thing failed to enter program mode. How can I fix this. Please Help. Thanks

Bronze Member

Nova Scotia, NS Canada

Post Number: 12
are the cards on PROG? or PLAY? check the jumper maybe.

Post Number: 2
I have 8 programers for atmega 128 No one works.
Everytime gives me the same massege. FAILED TO ENTER PROGRAM MODE

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 231
Atmega Won't Enter Program Mode:

1) Be sure it's plugged in firmly and contacts are clean, a pink eraser is a good non-abrasive way to clean the oxidation off the contacts.

2) Have you programmed the card before on that computer? Yes skip to next step. No then check that jeepers is set to parallel port address 0x378 for LPT port1. Then you may want to try different port LPT port modes in the BIOS like ECP, EPP ECP+EPP etc. this has changes on the port communications as well as the voltage that is supplied to the port. Some PC's need to use a powered cable, like most laptop PC's have problems. No go, go to next step.

3) Rule out the cable; connect directly into the pc's parallel port. No go, go to next step.

4) If it's a jumper type card try this:

This is a little procedure that helps set these back to default.

Try to get the lock/fuse bits to read if not follow the procedure below and try again:

LOCK BITS - all checked
FUSE LOW - All checked but BODEN and SUT0
FUSE HI - OCDEN, EESAVE, BOOTRST
FUSE EXTENDED - both checked

1. Load up jeepers, and plug everything in for your Atmega as normal (i.e. Atmega in programmer, plug cable into computer)
2. make sure jumper is ON
3. Click the atmel tab, ATmega128, erase/flash eeprom
4. When it says erasing eeprom, PULL THE JUMPER
5. Do this 3 or more times
6. Then do Full Monty, when it says erasing eeprom, PULL THE JUMPER, and when it says writing, PUT THE JUMPER BACK ON
7. You will get errors, go back and repeat steps 3 to 6. You will notice that each time you do the full Monty, you will write a little more to the card before you get an error.
8. Eventually you will write the card, and you will be able to erase the eeprom WITHOUT PULLING THE JUMPER
9. Your Atmega is fixed. Always program at the correct frequency

Some people had to do this 2~5 times others I have heard take up to 20 times.

If all this fails either I missed a step that I don't know of or assumed that you knew or your Atmega card is dead.

Post Number: 4
I NEED HELP
I have a 3100 receiver. It was programmed for Belleview and I need it to convert to Dish. I found the keys and I FULL erase. Now I don't know how to program I plug in the Receiver and connected to Dish hoping that will download the program but NO LUCK>
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. J.K

micro216
Unregistered guest
does that atmega 128 still work? a friend of mine bought one last winter and was never able to get it to work. probably couldnt find a good file to program it with and havin trouble finding someone that would explain it, especially how to set channel lineup

Post Number: 5
Dear members
I have a 301 receiver. Originally it was programmed for Belleview and I re-programmed for Dish. Everything is O.K but I don't get signal. The Satellite input is X X X X the transporter is X X X X I did the switch many times but the massage is no switch box detected. Do you have any suggestions how to over come this problem? Thanks

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 271
jtag and erace SA3 to force the new firmware.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 272
You will need a jeepers pfg for dishnet to program your atmega.

Anonymous

I have Atmega128 working with the reciever 3000.It is working fine but,I can't get rid of "Err 005".Please help me out how I can fix it.

Username: D77e80

Hello..I'm a newbie and Im about to work on my box so I can get all the programming...I have a lot of questions but I'm just gonna bother you with just one....Is it better the Atmega 128 or the REV Card....what's the diference?

atmega
Unregistered guest
Angel revs dont work anymore go atmega128 works great and cheaper than those useless fta ird's that wont work in a couple of months cause the rom3 is shut down..charlie wants all fta's shut down as soon as possible.

milesius
Unregistered guest
Hey FryGuy,
thanks for the info. so which is it? ECP or EPP on the port settings? I am dead in the water and you are the first one that sounds like you are on to something.

Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 03:31 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I doubt the problem had anything to do with the LPT port address being changed to the default 0x378 didn't have anything to do with your problem. You could have changed it to the port address you were useing in jeepers settings.
The problems i have seen in the past was the port mode (ECP,EPP) one mode or the other will poser the card better and also having the inproper or a cheep cable. They male to male cables need to be pin for pin, some computer shops have the data cross-over cables that look similar. The cheep cables dont have all 25 conductors, printers only use 8-10 conductors and they don't bother put the others because they realy arn't needed. unfortunatly the few wires they don't include are needed for the programer to work. (I cant remember if it was a few power or ground wires or exactly what the pins were) The direst connection is the best way, cant get the wire any shorter to avoid power loss that for sure. Post feedback on my statement, it will help others with the same problem.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 289
Its a trial thing, I have found that on some computers one will work and on others the other or both will work just fine. It must be due to the parellel port chip type and brand. It hasn't been ironed out to a science yet and my not ever be figured out.

Thank you Atmega for your answer........

Hello everyone .......Can anybody help me....I have two questions.....I'm about to buy 3 boxes on ebay model dp301-013.....dp301-010 and a 311.....Can I work on them 3 so I can get all the programming ....are this 3 models goog?....And if they have a balance on them...Will this affect me somehow?......Hope you guys can help me.....thanks ...the rookie

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 295
The 301-010 is a better model IMO but the 301-013 is almost exact for a few minor changes like the 301-010 don't have a j-tag opening in the bottom you'll need to cut it out if you get one or build one in the back like I do (I'm always messing with the TSOP). The 311 is specific to dish I think so I would stick with the 301's then you can go dish or bell express vu if you want to test that in the future.

Post Number: 4
Thanks Fryguy for your .......So I can test a box dish 311 with the Atmega 128.....Is that what your telling me......Does it has Jtag?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 298
I dont know about the 311 on if it can be j-taged or not, but you would be better with the 301 so why bother with the 311?

Ok....The 301-013 it is........And what if they have balance on them will this affect me somehow?.....

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 299
Quote: "what if they have balance on them"
What's that mean?

Do you mean that you're worried about getting charged PPV with a second hand IRD? If they have PPV events in the memory still and you have an active account with it plugged in the phone line you could get charged for PPV you didn't watch. But I don't think they are that stupid at Dish Net or BEV. They know when the movie was running by a time stamp in the PPV memory and also who had the account at that time. So when the IRD calls home to report what PPV events were purchased it will get charged to the account holder at the time of the event, not you who just got the IRD and activated an account with them. If that has happened to anyone, please correct me.

benu
Unregistered guest
hi guy's u c tis is my first time doin tis.. and i m havin a problem when i enter my ird# and box key.. and then i press full monty. get a failed box appears why is tat?? also what the difference between Version 2.1.0 (Build 016)TCFD11-Fusion-oct 1st w_PPV tat's one but then i also have Version 2.1.0 (Build 016)

Anonymous

My dish is down. Is there anybody that knows where can i download the new program, i already have jeepersdx
thanks

Unregistered guest
after successful programming of my atmega 128 with jeepers when I insert the card into the receiver I get message "error 19 the smart card is not inserted properly". I have reprogramed many times but still the same result. can anyone offer suggestions?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 328
First double check your #'s (IRD, CAM, box keys and keys), also be sure that you have a valid ROM3 CAM ID if not generate with scamers2 (Your CAM ID with your original card won't work, if it does it won't for long).

If you have done all that and are sure there are no errors. In jeepers select "verify Program" to be sure that jeepers is writing properly and that the images match what it is suppose to be on the card.

If that fails try these next steps.

Check that the lock/fuse bits are being set properly before and after writing and if it's a card with a jumper be sure it's removed on in the run position.

If the contacts are dull looking, clean with a pink eraser.

Unregistered guest
Hi All

I have an Atmega128, I do not have a programer for it. I would like to know.. will ISO Loader can be used to program Atmega or its a separate loader.Secondly what are the other hardware required and how much its going to cost me. So please advise me the list of the hardware/software required to program Atmega from scratch as i do not have the box keys also.And the reciever is a Bell Express view reciever.

Thanks
Shakeel

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 334
A loader wont work its a simple parallel port programmer without a crystal.

1) Atmega parallel port programmer. ($20-25 CND)
2) Jeepers to program the card. (Free download)
3) You will need j-tag to get the box keys and to
Backup your TSOP. ($60-70 CND)
4) a program called j-keys to get the box keys and to do the backup of the TSOP. (Free download)
5) A D-lock to prevent the TSOP from being written to by an ECM (not necessary if you don't mind using a j-tag to write back your TSOP each time its hit) ($42-50 CND)

That's the tools that you will need to do it all with the Atmega128 card.

mixx
Unregistered guest
Few Questions. I am also a newbie interested in this 'hobby'. I have a Dish PVR 508 receiver, will the Atmega work with this? Also, what is a TSOP? Thanks for your help.

Bobby E.
Unregistered guest
I also want to know whats a TSOP. Thanks

mixx
Unregistered guest
Also.. can I take a friend's card which has a paid subscription and copy it to another receiver using the atmega or something similar?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 337
TSOP = Thin Small Outline Package

Its the form factor (shape) of the memory chip that stores the receivers firmware (software that's built in an hardware device). The TSOP has the software that allows the receiver to function, on power up it "boots up" like a computer would.

That's why its important to back it up and get failure with a j-tag and the program j-keys.

The boxkeys, IRD # is stored on the TSOP also.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 338
mixx, no you cant copy a subscription over to another card. If you have an Atmega or similar card they can get the programming anyway. Paying for the programming that you use is the right way to do it and stay legal when you are playing around with testing.

Moving a CAM from one receiver to another can be done but requires a bit of work to change the numbers on either the CAM or the receiver. This is because the CAM is married to the receiver and is not suppose to be easily moved to other receivers.

Gary O
Unregistered guest
Have an atmega card testing dishnet every 10 or so min get an error 151 and have to reset the receiver. Anyone know why?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 340
I'm not testing dish right now but it sounds like an ECM or your PFG file for the atmega is out of date.

Gary O
Unregistered guest
Not the atmega prg still get error 151 every 5 min after rebooting has anyone heard of this problem

Unregistered guest
thanks for the Info FryGuy.ca.. I would like to know is there a way I can build this Atmega parallel port programmer.

Regards

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 343
Yes you can. I have the board layout and schematics for the Atmega card and programmer on my ftp server at ftp://fryguy.ca/public_files/Guides-Information/Mini_Dish_Hacking/BEV/ with many other files. Feel free to upload any files or guides that you have to the "upload_here" folder.

mixx
Unregistered guest
I have the Dish PVR508 receiver. Do you know where the JTAG port on it would be? i didnt see anything on the back or bottom of the receiver, so I'm assuming i'm going to have to take the unit apart to get to it? Thanks

Jaguar Leo
Unregistered guest
Hello Everyone

I would like to know why the NFL and TSN-S channels don't come in (stay black) on my Atmega 128 card. Mostly everything else does. For new BEV 3100 receiver and the 128.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 348
It could be your Tier settings but thats not the case, those channels are nagra2 and thats why you need the new card. The soloution is to Pay for the programing you watch so you can get the new card. There is no nagra2 hack yet (that I know of anyway).

Unregistered guest
Hi FryGuy, Thanks for the ftp link but i couldnt find the file which shows the methods or steps to build my own atmega programmer.

Please advise

Jeff Brod
Unregistered guest
Anyone tell me how to get rid of the 153 error using atmega card with dishnet. After erasing S5 3 times I am good for 30 mins or so then its back Help

Fuzzyy
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have just got a receiver and the ATMEGA128 Card. Can you please tell me what do I need to reprogram the card, or give me an address for beginners to learn how to do that

Thanx folks

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 349
Jeff Brod, If your getting ECM'ed check that your using a valid ROM3 CAM #.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 350
Fuzzyy, I have files on my public ftp at ftp://fryguy.ca/Public_Files/Guides-Information/Mini_Dish_Hacking/ there is a complete listing of every file and guide that you'll ned and more. www.sattech.ca, this site and many more have chat forums for all the help that you need.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 351
The link to the programer and Atmega schematic is at
ftp://fryguy.ca/Public_Files/Guides-Information/Mini_Dish_Hacking/BEV/Schematics /

The file is "Full_Board_Layouts_For_Atmega128.ace"

Direct link is ftp://fryguy.ca/Public_Files/Guides-Information/Mini_Dish_Hacking/BEV/Schematics /Full_Board_Layouts_For_Atmega128.ace

Unregistered guest
Thanks for all this Info and your time FryGuy. I read the file.. its kinda complicated for me... but I wanna know which wire to connect to which pin of Db25 .. See I have the atmega card which has few pins on it .. I know the programmer has a female jack in which these pins go... and then on the other end there is a Db 25 jack.but I wanna know the pin to pin connection so that I can make a simple connection wire to connect pins on the card to Db pins directly

Jeff Brod
Unregistered guest
Thanks FryGuy
How do I check to see if my cam number is valid I am new to this

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 353
Thats easy, just don't use the CAM ID of your plastic CAM because thats most likely a ROM 10/11 ID so you need to generate a ROM3 CAM ID with scammers2 a CAM ID generator.

Unregistered guest
Hi FryGuy, I would like to know .. Does 'Dish Pro 322 receiver' has a Jtag or not???

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 362
Have no idea, I have never dealt with one before.

Unregistered guest
I am interested in Buying Atmega card. If any one wants to sell please let me know
Thanks
Shakeel

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 373
http://fryguy.ca/

pkilfoyl
Unregistered guest
is there a limit of how many time you can re-write a atmega128 card??? How many time can I do it before it dies?? pkilfoyl@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 376
There is a limit to writes but its so high that its not likely you'll reach it. Its aprox 10,000 writes for the flash ROM and 100,000 writes for the EEPROM.

The chip is most likely to die from being ran over clocked before you cant write to the card.
(Atmega max is 16 MHZ but they have pushed to over 20 MHZ)

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 377
There is a limit to writes but its so high that its not likely you'll reach it. Its aprox 10,000 writes for the flash ROM and 100,000 writes for the EEPROM.

The chip is most likely to die from being ran over clocked before you cant write to the card.
(Atmega max is 16 MHZ but they have pushed to over 20 MHZ)

pkilfoyl
Unregistered guest
the paticular atmega I have had jumpers on it that broke off. Can anyone point me into the right direction as to repairing/finding new jumpers??

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 381
Ordering just one header isn't worth the cost of shipping. I would use a soldering iron and remove the old pins (Don't apply too much heat or you'll lift a trace or an via hole) and replace them with some old resistor leads clippings (They are stronger) or small solid copper wire.

Anonymous

I'm trying to program my atmega card.
can someone tell me wheres the jumper

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 397
It may not have a jumper at all, not all of them have a jumper.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 399
This is exactly the type of sh*t that pisses people off when they visit a forum!

Anonymous

What sh*it ? He just wants to know, man. Youre mean.

Leslie Kane
Unregistered guest
Gentlemen, there's no need to be so rude.
Not everyone can be a "know it all".
We are here to learn and help each other.
Thank you.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 401
Its a misunderstanding. You all missed the previous post that was removed by the administrator. I notified the adimistrator of the adult graphical content (Male/homose*ual in nature) that was posted by a user. It was all removed, but my posting after the content was not. The posting with the adult content was by a user claiming to be a DSS dealer (with a web site and all)and has been spaming products on the forums and posting adult material.

Leslie Kane
Unregistered guest
Sorry about that.
I didn't see the filthy post you mentioned. And thanks for helping keep this a decent and informative thread. You are a good man.
Thanks again and Happy Holidays.

Anonymous

sorry, dude

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 429
The admin missed my comment to that user, but after I had posted I decided to report it because it's nature. I have no idea how many younger teens/youths use this forum and I'm sure they wouldn't want to see the content that was posted nor would their parents.

Again it was a misunderstanding and I've been called worse things before.

largo key
Unregistered guest
Create a jeepers folder and put your jeepers in that folder and download any working pfg dish or bev whatever you are testing in the same folder. then open jeepers and click file on the top left corner of jeepers. then click prferences then browse and look for the jeepers folder that you created and click ok. close jeepers and when you open it again you should be fine.

THIS IS HOW TO PROGRAM THE ATMEGA

select the program (current that's posted) download it in the atmega file section
-select the network... which is BEV or DISH
- make sure you choose the wright board.... 18.00000mgz, 18.43200, etc (it is indicated on your atmega)
- press GET "keys""aux 0, aux 1, should have keys in them)

-Your ird # = R 00 1234 5678 --XX (fill your ird # with your info)
-Your cam id= S 04 1234 5678 -- XX (fill your cam ID with your info) (smart card)
-PUT your box keys
-choose your time zone
-zip code = like 2004 for EST (pick from the time zone list)
-don't touch the min and max tier unless adjustments are needed...

(make sure (if you have one) that the jumper is set on program)

PRESS FULL MONTY (wait till it finishes)

(make sure (if you have one) that the jumper is set on play... "or if you don't have the option to switch from program to play then it probably has to be removed (unless it's a jumperless card))

PUT YOUR ATMEGA and since the keys are already in, then it will work right away since the keys donnot have to autoroll
AND if you followed all these steps... VOILA your are now watching SATTELITE!!

Username: Dlap4453

Where can I get the latest jeepers and Nawapo programs for my atmega 128 card?
Thanks

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 491
Here is the latest working jeepers .pfg no searching required. :-D

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 492
application/x-zip-compressedUpload
Juggalo_X's_Mod.zip (49.6 k)

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 493
Latest Jeepers and configuration files. (part on of a spaned zip file, upload is limited to 100k)
application/x-zip-compressedUpload
Jeepers_and_config.zip (98.3 k)

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 493
Latest Jeepers and configuration files. (part on of a spaned zip file, upload is limited to 100k)

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 494
Jeepers_and_config.zip part 2
application/octet-streamUpload
Jeepers_and_config.z01 (80.2 k)

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 495
Here is a handy tool for generating a valid CAM ID number if you dont have one.

application/octet-streamUpload
sCAMmer2.exe (73.7 k)

Username: Dropik

so many guys have a problem with programming Atmega 128, and it looks like the main problem is powering this device.
;\ Anybody knows how to plug in external power to atmega ( easiest way ?) can i use power from my computer ? I know i need 5 V. Please help .

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 548
I use a modified parallel port cable (DB-25 male-female) that has a pig-tail of a PS2 plug wired on it to get power from the PS2 port for power. Just look up the pin-outs of the PS2 plug and find the power points on the DB-25, I recommend using diodes to isolate the two voltage lines just watch the polarity of the diodes.

I'll try it. Thanks a lot Fry Guy.

where did YOu get this cable from ?or Did You make it ? I know it's possible to buy all Atmega kit with DB25 w/ps2 cable but i dont know where . Maybe YOu know .

Silver Member
Username: Knee_grow

Detroit

Post Number: 155
Often imitaded, never duplicated.

jeffrok
Unregistered guest
i only get a black screen after using the latest keys does anybody has any idea how to fix this

LK
Unregistered guest
ATMEGA TROUBLE-SHOOTING
================
1. "Failed to Enter program mode" Message from JeepersDx210
1. ATMEGA128 Connection:
1.1 Verify the card is inserted into programmer correctly.
1.2 Insert the ATMEGA128 with a Smart Card or business cards in programmer.
1.3 Verify ATMEGA is rectangular, no external bits attached to board.

2. Voltage Problem:
2.1 Try using a gender changer instead of a cable for the programmer.
2.2 Try using a different computer ( no Compaq's, Dell's, HP's these are
known to cause problems ). If works create a external power supply
for programmer.

3. Incorrect Jumper(Black ATMEGA) or Switch(Blue ATMEGA) Setting:
3.1 For Black ATMEGA program with Jumper ON.
3.2 For Blue ATMEGA program with switch away from ATMEGA128 chip.

4. ATMEGA Programmed at improper crystal frequency. This is bad as it may render the ATMEGA128 chip useless until unlocked.
4.1 Verify the crystal frequency by looking at the silver item on the ATMEGA
board and verify that are your using the correct board type
( i.e.; ATmega128@##.####MHz).
4.2 See 5.1

5. ATMEGA128 Locked
5.1 Start JeepersDx and select ATMEL -> ATmega128 Erase Flash/EEPROM, then
program at proper board frequency of crystal. If no go, look into 1.2 more.
Please note: This requires a known computer that can write and ATMEGA board.

6. "Smart Card not inserted Correctly Message" when ATMEGA in receiver.
6.1 Incorrect Programming:
6.2 Verify you set Board type as ATmega128 @ 18.0000MHz for Black ATMEGA and
ATMEGA @ 18.4320MHz for Blue ATMEGA.
6.3 Jumper or Switch in Wrong Position:
6.4 Make sure jumper is off on Black ATMEGA while in Receiver.
6.5 Make sure switch is towards ATMEGA128 chip on Blue ATMEGA's.

7. Capacitors Blown:
7.1 Remove C1 and C2 from ATMEGA board, reprogram and see if works.
7.2 Preview Channels Only, All others Black Screen.
7.3 Initial Wait for video:
7.4 Can take from 20 seconds to 2 minutes for initial video to appear upon
power on of receiver.

8. Wrong Keys
8.1 Verify Key0 and Key1 are correct.
8.2 Verify proper boxkeys are being used.
8.3 Static

8.4 Program ATMEGA as normal, then insert in IRD for 5 minutes trying to watch a
black channel. Then connect ATMEGA back to computer, and Hit Actions -> Verify
EEPROM, then Actions -> Verify Program.

8.5 If errors:
Reprogram ATMEGA, unplug power from IRD and satellite feed, insert ATMEGA,
wait 1 minute, then plug in power and satellite feed.

8.6 If no errors:
Reprogram ATMEGA, select ATMEL -> ATmega128 and Lock/Fuse Settings, select
yes to continue, remove check mark from M103C in Fuse Extended section, then
remove jumper(black ATMEGA) or move switch(blue ATMEGA) towards ATMEGA128
chip, then hit write.

9. Bad ATMEGA128 chip
9.1 Program ATMEGA as normal, and Hit Actions -> Verify EEPROM, then Actions -> Verify
Program. If error and you have tried on many different computers, most likely
bad chip.

10. Picture will freeze in few min to few hours.
10.1. Wrong Lock/Fuse bit.
10.2 Up/down channel will work again.
10.3 *** Don't fool with other setting, do this at your own risk***
Remove jumper from Black ATMEGA or move switch towards ATMEGA128 chip on Blue
ATMEGA. After program ATMEGA as normal, select ->Atmel,->Atmeg128-> lock/fuse
settings. Click on "CKOPT" to de-select. Click on write

11. Incorrect crystal used on ATMEGA.
11.1 Verify you are using either a 18mhz or 18.43mhz crystal on ATMEGA.

12. ATMEGA programmed at board type ATMEGA128 only.
12.1 Program at proper crystal frequency and verify switch(Blue ATMEGA) is towards
ATMEGA128 chip or Jumper(Black ATMEGA) is off.
12.2. Software catching up
12.3 Blackouts occur when the stream is out of whack with the software and the
software needs to catch up with the proper sequence of stream, usually can take
up to 45 seconds.

13. Video for few minutes/hours/day then black screen.
13.1 Programmed at incorrect crystal frequency:
13.2 Program at proper crystal speed ( see 2.1.1 )
13.3 Keys change:
13.4 Program ATMEGA with new keys: Connect ATMEGA to computer, start JeepersDX, hit
get under keys section, then hit write. Insert ATMEGA back into receiver.

14. "Blacked out in the area" message while trying to watch a channel.
14.1 Wrong blackout string
14.2 Use default blackout string of "00 00 B4 7F 7F 7F 7F 7F 7F 7F 7F 7F 7F 7F 7F".
14.3 Channel guide:
14.4 Do not use channel guide to get into channel, type in channel # directly, if still
same message press channel up then channel down.

15. Channels Missing in guide.
15.1. Wrong tiers:
15.2 Use default tier settings from JeepersDX210.After program ATMEGA as normal, select - >Atmel,->Atmeg128-> lock/fuse

Anonymous

where can i find the equipment to program the atmega 128 and how do i go about programing it
I'm new at this so if anyone can help and give me an orientation

LK
Unregistered guest
READ these forums and other forums,so thats your orientation..look in the yellow pages for "atmega"..maybe your local dealer can sell U the equipment and orientate you...LOL

Anonymous

im sorry to have come across some know it alls some of us are purely sophomores when it comes to these things

LK
Unregistered guest
If U read this entire thread,it tells U how to program and trouble shoot the atmega...and site links are here to buy the necessary hardware..U just need to READ..

LK
Unregistered guest
a place to buy..one of hundreds..

[link removed]

still a newbie
Unregistered guest
Help, picture froze but guide still worked, tried reprograming atmega 128, currently receiving music channels, interactive channel, information channels and guide, all other channels are blacked out. Can anyone help me?

still a newbie
Unregistered guest
I did follow the troubleshooting step 8 for the atmega 128 still only receiving black screen for all regular channels and all channels say they are purchased.

yzrider088
Unregistered guest
K you guys need to stop asking stupid questions about getting started....I'm 16 and i got a receiver with programmed card that i did myself and it all works 100% with PPV, if im 16 and can do it, YOU CAN TOO. [link removed] If this site does not help, then you are too much of a n00b to do DSS Hacking and you should quit now. Good retailers are DSSPIMP.com and DSSStuff.ca Peace out fools, good luck with latest ECM

Username: Webspyder

Inman, SC USA

I am having difficulties with extracting box keys from my new JVC 6000 dish network receicer.I unplug the box, line up the pogo a ground pins, touch to the appropriate solder points in the jtag port, and plug the box in. As soon as it receives power,the receiver emits a high pitched squeel! I attempt to power on the box, but it does not respond. I turn on JKEYS and check the settings, then hit detect. Nothing happens! I am chasing my tail here! Anyone with experience?
I could use some help!

Username: Filtrate

Hi, I have a bell 3100 receiver, what did i need to get it going... Atmega 128 wafer ??? tell me what i need to buy.. please someone... thanks...

or is the atmega 128 auto-roll wafer all i need
please e-mail me with some help.. winsor_adam@hotmail.com

Inman, SC USA

I have successfully jtaged my box, and programmed my atmega 128. When I power on the IRD w/ the programmed atmega in the slot,all of my channels are blacked out! I can see what's on, but get no video or sound. Any thoughts?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 589
Double check all your numbers and lock/fuse settings.

Inman, SC USA

Thanks a bunch fryguy! My 2700 is up and running, just had to change some settings in BIOS. The support crew where I purchased my gear refuse to help me 2 all! I am thinking of purchasing another receiver, as I have been unable to jtag my HD 6000. Do you know of any problems w/ jtagging or programming the 501 model w/ PVR?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 605
Glad you got it fixed. It's amazing that the vendor didn't at least try to help you out.

I can't help you with the 501, I've never played with that model. I haven't had much time to play around with any new toys :-( .

Username: Dishstream

HI;
I am getting the same thing with my atmega 18.0, few channels like 101, 213, 262 on 119 and other other blackout. uptill now I have not got any helpfull hints from other forums too, If you find the solution please post it, I will too.

texmex
Unregistered guest
www.dssftp.com/forums/index.php

best forums i have found

Inman, SC USA

Post Number: 6
I am trying to jtag a 301-13 duel tsop receiver. I have removed the board, and have made multiple attempts. I have changed settings in BIOS beetween attemts( EPP, ECP, ECP+EPP,NORMAL ). This usually works on stubborn receivers, but this one is just laughing @ me. Anyone had experience with this model? I would appretiate any help.

LK
Unregistered guest
There are a couple files about the 301-13 (top jtag and vidmod) at [link removed] README file share area
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us