Sammy DVD-HD841 - Periodic loss of settings?

Username: Stuermer

Post Number: 4
I have a problem with periodically losing settings on my DVD-HD841. I go thru the setup process, accept the new changes (annoying process that is the subject of several threads on this site), and then watch DVI for days with no problems.

Then randomly (once a week or 2 on average) the settings all go back to default. This is not just DVI setting, but also speaker setup for SACD, P/I-scan settings, audio compression, DTS, etc. - they all go back to default (usually OFF).

The biggest problem is that my wife usually is trying to turn on a video for the kids when im at work and she cant get any video off the DVD player. Too hard to talk thru on the phone, so usually kids have to play outside instead ;-)

BTW, the player is on an unswitched MonsterPower regulator so there is always outlet power on the machine, even when turned off.

Anyone else had this problem and come up with a fix?

Anonymous

I definitely lose the DVI setting. So I just set it every time I play a DVD. It only takes a minute. The weird part about it if you go in the set up it says that DVI is chosen but sometimes it still won't play. You have to chose DVI and then apply it and say yes. Then, it works great. Other than this, I love this player. The picture on it is phenomenal. How long have you had yours? I bought mine about a little over a week ago. I have it hooked up to my Mitsubishi 55" and routed audio optical to my Dream system. Great set-up! How about yourself? I have to say I laughed out loud about your comment concerning your wife and trying to explain it over the phone. Been there, done that.

Take care...

<><

Post Number: 6
I bought my DVD-HD841 in early July at the same time as a brand-spaking new Sammy 50" DLP (the "HL-P" version). I love the TV (afer getting it replaced, see other posting thread on that TV), but a bit disappointed with the DVD player's black levels when using DVI.

I really like that the TV has both DVI and HDMI input, so i can also drive it with my HDTV box (Comcast/Motorola) using a DVI-HDMI converter cable. Just wish someone made a digital switched pre/pro so I could have same 1-button convenience as I do when I switch component sources thru my Outlaw Audio 950.

Post Number: 7
I also have had a lot of troubles with the video/audio stalling and skipping. Seems to happen the most when watching Lucasfilm movies (seriously!) and is also most common in the first 10-15min of the movie, but tends to die down. Probably a tansport issue, maybe it wobbles too much (or is highly sensitive to vibrations?)
I'm honestly not that happy with the player. If my old Sony 5-DVD changer had component output i would use that instead.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us