Sony KF-50WE610 Wide Mode Questions

Username: Zepplinswt

Post Number: 1
Just got this tv today and trying to figure out why the only mode I get is FULL. I have set the default setting in the screen menu to off, per manual, but when I use the wide button on the remote the only option i get is full. the screen is cut on both sides of the picture. 2 hd channel take up the full screen. is there somthing wrong? defect? or am i just being stupid..please help?

Bronze Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 81
When receiving HD signals in 1080 or 720 res, it will not allow you to change the viewing mode, e.g. your GW will lock itself in 'Full Mode'. It's NOT a defect, and there's nothing you can do about it. This is typical on most HDTV sets...

johnm
Unregistered guest
How about when running DVDs? Do you have the same problem?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
"How about when running DVDs? Do you have the same problem?"

No! There is no such thing as a High Definition DVD. Maybe later, but not now... :-)

I run my GWII in "Full Mode' when viewing DVD's, and change the res at the player, when necessary, but that's just me...

johnm
Unregistered guest
Didn't say there was such thing as HD DVDs.
I was asking if he had problems changing the screen modes when watching dvds or only when watching broadcasts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
LoL! What we have here is failure to communicate. :-)

The answer is no. This only happens with HD.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Heh! Nevermind...

You're asking him the question, not me. My bad! I couldn't figure out who you were asking...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us