Scientific Atlanta 4200 Cable Box

Username: Petergar

Pomona, NY USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Scientific Atlanta 4200 digital cable box. I'm trying to use the Digital Audio out coax option with my Marantz 7300 OSE Receiver and it doesn't work. No sound. Regular analog works. I connected the digital coax cable to # 6 on the digital audio in on my receiver. I went into the input setup menu in the receiver settings and set the DSS to D6-AT. I even tried regular Digital 6 but nothing. I have a feeling the cable box is a "piece of ..." and that digital audio does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
I have a sceintific atlanta 4200 hd cable box. when hooked up to digital audio I have an intermittent pop in the speakers and digital audio drops out.

Mischa
Unregistered guest
I used to have a Scientific Atlanta 3100HD with the digital audio connected to the digital input on my receiver via a RCA cable and it worked perfectly. My cable company switched me to a 3250HD and all of a sudden I got distorted sound using the identical setup. I have also tried the 8000HD and got the same result. I dont know if the problem is my receiver or the signal coming out of the cable box. I am going to try the 3100HD again to verify. Has anyone else had this problem?

jorgel2000
Unregistered guest
I have the 3100 HD connected to the receiver via the digital output of the cable box and get NO sound. It has to be connected to the left and right outputs

Pulsating Anaal Bunion
Unregistered guest
I am using the 3700D model.

I have the RCA's running through the output to my amplifier.

I keep on getting this women moaning.

Melvin Goosehead
Unregistered guest
I am the proud owner of a Scientific Atlanta 3100HD, and Im watching a perfect crystal clear picture.
I couldnt be a happier guy !

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us