Help with VCR to Receiver Connection

Username: Rodsshow

Post Number: 1
I recently installed a projector and screen. I have all of my equipment (Directv TIVO, DVD, Tape Deck, CD player and VCR) running through my receiver (Pioneer VSX D810S). I have S-video going from the receiver to the projector. All is working fine with the exception of the VCR. I can get audio but no video. My VCR does not have S-video so I've connected it to the receiver using the yellow video plug. Any assistance/advice is greatly appreciated. As this is driving me crazy!!

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 264
You will either have to hook an RCA cable to the projector, or use a composite to s-video adapter. The receiver obviously can't convert from composite to s-video.

Bronze Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 36
I ran into the exact same problem last week when I set up my receiver. The solution was indeed to run a composite video cable from the receiver to TV.

ihatescribblies
Unregistered guest
I have an Orion vcr and Direct Tv. I'm trying to record a program of Seconds From Disaster for school but i can't get them to work. When I record, rewind then play all i get is scribblies. If anyone has any help thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 354
The VCR should be on whatever channel the TV is set to. For a better quality picture connect RCA jacks from the satellite to the in on the VCR, then set the VCR to line. There should be an input button on the VCR or remote to set to line.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us