Mitsubishi 35"

john b
Unregistered guest
35" mitsubishi console, 12 years old, has been a great tv till recently, it appears to skip horizontal lines leaving only black, at top occurs over 50% of 1" band, at bottom, 25% of 4" band. Is my tube gone. Does it pay to buy a new tube. Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 224
john b:
My CK3514R Mitsubishi console, made in December 1988, is still alive, but realistically I know its days are nunbered. The picture is acceptible, but not not as good as new. It used to be my main TV, but it is now in the bedroom.

I don't think your picture tube is gone, as I think it's something to do with the power supply or some other component. I would take a chance on a service call, and with an estimate, decide whether the repair cost is worth it.

Maybe this is an opportunity to upgrade to a HD ready 16:9 TV in lieu of spending money on an old TV with a limited future.

Best of luck. :-)

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 225
Sorry, I must answer your question that a new picture tube is almost always not cost effective.

Silver Member
Username: Revan

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 131
my 11 yr old mits is still bright. had
a prob before, no picture, took it in and they
fixed it for 200.00. now the sound is gone.
i hate to get rid of it but its hard to watch
it compared to the 60" LCD. Can you believe
how distorted the picture looks like with the
curved tube. our 35" mits were cutting edge,
once. isnt technology great.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 241
You know paul, the funny thing about my almost 15 year old 35"Mits is that, for the first 14 years of its existence I had the speakers turned off on the TV. Always used an external stereo, then surround system. Now that it's in another room, and the speakers are needed, and I have problems with one channel cutting out, then back in at random....but I'm not going to complain too loudly as there's never been a serious service problem with it.

Silver Member
Username: Revan

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 134
im thinking that the speakers just got plain old.
you gave me an idea tho, just plug in ext speakers.
I think we got our money's worth for a 1800 set.
I remember thinking wow what a big picture. lol

ray j.
Unregistered guest
Our 35" mit had made some loud humming sounds from it (while off) and now no more picture any thoughts? Haven't had a chance to have anyone look at it yet, but 14 yrs is a long time so... We also had the sound problem from time to time, sliding the speaker switch on and of a couple of times seemed to help for a while (contacts dirty?) but also have it hooked up to the stereo just in case.

Unregistered guest
Have Mitsu ck-35mx3. Great tv. Has horizontal lines. I understand the video runs through the pip board and the pip board is bad. They say this board and a pip bypass board aren't made anymore. Can I get one somewhere? Thanks!

Username: Angelina

London, London United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
I have a Mitsubishi and it suddenly lost the projection and went all black... I still have sound, crystal clear, but no picture whatsoever!!! Anyone... how can I fix this problem and how much do you think it could cost me???? thanx alot...

Dark Prime
Unregistered guest
Back in May 2004, an old 35" Mitsubishi of mine had the same problem as John B's. Couldn't be fixed, so it died. I replaced it with a 42" Goodmans Plasma TV half a year later.

Username: Scobie19

I was just given a 35" Mitsubishi TV made in 1991. The model number is CS-3515R. It has diagonal lines in it. They start at the top left corner and they are spaced about two inches apart. they slowy move down the screen. What do you think is wrong, and is it worth it to fix it. Other than the lines, the color and the sound are great.
thanks, kyle

Unregistered guest
I have a mitsubishi CS-31303 that was given to me and the circuit boards are cracked the guy said the motherboard is fried but i think it is just cause of the crack any of you know where i can get the circuit boards and how much it might cost, i can't send it in for repairs cause it was opened.

anewwoman2002@aol.com
Unregistered guest
I need to locate parts to fix Mitshubisi tv model cs-3515r. When the tv is turned on it just clicks. It appeares to want to come on but it does not. I surf the web and can't seem to find help.

Anonymous

someone gave me 42 inch and its pretty old i can leave it unplugged for awhile and plug it in and turn it on and it wont turn off i thought i had some kind off problem with the button setup in the front but the remote wont change anything either. then i unplugg it and plug it back in andturn it on, nothing. but leave it unplugged for 10 mins and it works help please

MAY_BE
Unregistered guest
Does anyone has a service manual for 1988 Mitsubishi TV, model CK3514R? I need it to fix my TV.

Anonymous

I have mits CS-27303 serial 524537 Is there a way to adjust the horizontal hold?? There are lines moving up. There are no external devices to make the adjustment. Are there any adjustments that can be made inside the casing??
Your help on this matter are greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
i have a 1991 mitsubishi video screen video scan system model 3VE-505U WITH THREE COLOR TUBES IN THE FRONT BASE OF THE TV REFLECTING OFF A MIRROR TO THE PROJECTION SCREEN LOST THE MANUAL TO SET IT UP SO I CAN GET A pichure...how can i get a manual

Unregistered guest
Help, Anybody got an Owners Manual for a CK-3514R Mitsubishi they want to part with? Electronic copy is preferred, but whatever you've got is cool. No emergency. Thanks, Dan

jason in vegas
Unregistered guest
I was given a Mitsubishi cs-35503. Very nice tv, but often it gives a quick flicker when there is an edit or a scene changes. I don't know the technical terms to describe it, but it's almost like it skips a refresh pass, or turns on and off for a moment between the edits. It does it consistently with the PS2, and from the DVD player. Any ideas? Thank you.

Username: Dbreher

DOES ANYONE HAVE A REMOTE FOR ONE OF THESE TV CS3515R

Unregistered guest
My 35 inch Mitsubishi has never given a problem until now. Suddenly last evening the picture size reduced to 2/3 screen. Now this morning it is only a 1 inch wide picture in the middle of the screen.Sound is normal. When you try to tune the channel it only displays blanks but the station changes. What can this be. The TV is about 12 years old.

Username: Dem

I was given a Mitsubishi cs35305 yesterday, and after lugging it into my house, I realized there is no picture. I keep reading about the PIP problems and I'm almost certain that this is the problem with mine. I can see the menu perfectly, but no picture comes through no matter how I connect the cable or the DVD player. In all cases, the sound works fine. Is there a way to remove the PIP board easily, and take it somewhere to be repaired, or should I call someone to fix it? And, how much should I expect to pay? By the way, which board is the PIP board? Your advice/help is much appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsubishi CS-3515R and suddenly noticed that I am not able to access some channels. All channels are programmed into the memory and the TV is tuned to the correct imput source. I get channels 2,3,4,5,6,15 and all channels above 48. The channels that come in are clear with good sound. The channels that I do not get are a combination of standard channels and cable channels. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is, if it is worth fixing and what the cost may be.

MAY_BE
Unregistered guest
Guys, still no answer - does anyone has a manual for 1988 Mitsubishi TV, model CK3514R?? Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 304
Yes, I have the 3514 manual. But since my set is still a hard working part of this household, I'm reluctant to part with it, even though I can't imagine needing it that much anymore. I would be glad to answer any question out of it that you may have. I would also be willing to copy and mail it to you. Since I don't have a scanner, it would not be easy to transfer it to you electronically.

MAY_BE
Unregistered guest
JOHN S - I would greatly appreciate if you can copy and mail it to me! I can pay you for doing that with paypal or whatever way you choose!!! Please, e-mail me at georgiygeorgiev@msn.com and I will give you my address!!

Thank you very much again!!!

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 311
MAY_BE:
I see now you're looking for the service manual for the 3514. I just sent you the owner's manual...oh well, you'll have an extra copy. The service manual is probably lying around some TV repair shop somewhere.

sandy haight
Unregistered guest
I have an 8 year old Mitsibushi 35" which has never given me any problems. but this morning when I turned it on my picture is black & white. I went into the menu and color is turned on. Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
I was just given a mits 4501r with no sound.I can hook up a reciever and works fine.A problem i'm having is I tried to switch to the inputs but it says that they're locked.Is there a way to reset this?Any help would be appreciated thanks

Peas
Unregistered guest
"I have an 8 year old Mitsibushi 35" which has never given me any problems. but this morning when I turned it on my picture is black & white. I went into the menu and color is turned on. Any ideas?"

1. You have been transported in time back to 1952. Is I love Lucy on?
2. You have gone color blind overnight, see an optometrist.
3. Your neighborhood has a color thief, file a police report
4. Your sister exchanged her B&W TV with your color set. Get a new sister.

Peas

Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsu CS20201. As of yesterday, when I turn it on, I get a full screen picture for a few seconds, then most of the picture (most of the screen) is obscured by a solid black square. The volume is still there as is the edge of the picture on both sides (but not the top). If I change channels, increase or decrease the volume, etc., I get the full picture again, for about 3 seconds, then the large black square again. Anybody know about this? TIA!

alexjes
Unregistered guest
Re the above post: I stumbled onto the solution. Apparently I created the problem of the black square by inadvertently going into the Closed Caption (cc) decoder. I must have pressed the VIDEO button and then the ADJUST buttons one or more times. A few pushes on that ADJUST button took (cc) to the OFF position and ended the problem.

cgreen
Unregistered guest
I have a mitsubishi 3514r with intermittant sound.The sound goes off randomly.If I go to mute and back to normal the sound comes back on for a short while and hen may go off again.Any ideas?

cgreen
Unregistered guest
I have a mitsubishi 3514r with intermittant sound.The sound goes off randomly.If I go to mute and back to normal the sound comes back on for a short while and hen may go off again.Any ideas?

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 332
cgreen,
Try moving the speaker on/off switch in back of the TV back and forth a few times in order to clean its contacts. This helped mine.

Bronze Member
Username: Bhumi44

Ahmedabad, Gujarat India

Post Number: 21
I HAVE 1,60,000 SERVICE MANUALS FOR ALL ELECTRONICS COMPONENTS AND EQUIPMENTS INCLUDES SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS, PCB
LAYOUT, FAULT FINDING, PARTS LIST, VOLTAGE SENSOR IN ABOVE 960 CDS !!!Post by spammer - Please send e-mial me:
info@bhumitapes.com
bhumi44@rediffmail.com

regards
kirit shah

Anonymous

HELP! I have a Mitsibushi 35" ck3514r which has never given me any problems. but this morning when I turned it on my picture is black & white. Any ideas?

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 342
Yes. Your 17 year old TV is dying.

Anonymous

I have mits CS-27303 serial 527727. I'm another person having trouble with horizontal hold. Is there a way to adjust the horizontal hold?? There are no external devices to make the adjustment. Nothing is documented in the owners manual? Does this mean TV is dying and buy another brand next time?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1171
You won't be buying Mitsubishi, they quit making tube TVs many years ago. The TV must be old.

Unregistered guest
I have a Mitshubisi tv model cs-35015r. When the tv is turned on it just clicks. It appeares to want to come on but it does not. Can anyone give me any help on this.

Username: Kevin080463

to sh lauren,

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution? I have not

Kevin080463

Leswit
Unregistered guest
I was given a Mitsu tv but the model number sticker has worn off. I believe that it is a CK3514R. There is a manufacture date of 1991. I was given this tv w/o remote and desperately need a remote to properly use functions. If anyone knows the part # of this remote, it would be greatly appreciated! Or, if there is a universal remote that will work that part # would be great too! Thanks all.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1275
One For All universal.

Michael F
Unregistered guest
We just inherited a mitsubishi cs35307 without remote. Is there a way to access the settings menu with a remote?

Michael F
Unregistered guest
We just inherited a mitsubishi cs35307 without remote. Is there a way to access the settings menu with a remote?

Bob M
Unregistered guest
Does anybody have a PIP bypass repair sketch or instructions for a Mitsubishi CK-3531.

Thanks

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 360
The original remote for the CK3514R (part # 939P254A1) looks like this:

http://www.replacementremotes.com/store/productdetailp.cfm?productid=1947&catego ryid=289

The newer alternative suggested by Mits on this site will probably work the 3514 on all functions. Mitsubushi has been very consistant with their specific infrared frequencies through the years.

Unregistered guest
Have a mitsi cs 3515r that has worked great since new in 1992. Just today my remote dose not work and all the buttons on the tv won't work. Any help would be apprecated.
Thank you in advance

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 361
Robin,
You left out a key bit of info here, and that is does the venerable Mitsubishi have a picture on its screen? Or is not only the remote, TV buttons, but also TV dead altogether? Welcome to eCoustics! :-)

Unregistered guest
I have similar problem with Mitshubishi CS 3515R where sounds like trying to turn on but does not? Please help. Thank you. Dave Tyler

MTV
Unregistered guest
I have a Mitshubishi 27401 ( I know, it's a 12 year old TV:-) and the picture is becoming more and more distorted. About a month ago the cable banner at the bottom was distorted every once in awhile, but it has gotten progressively worse and the entire picture will distort for a few minutes, then it will be fine, occasionally the picture goes almost completely dark or the vertical hold goes haywire on the distorted picture. Then the picture will be completely fine. Does anyone know what could be dying inside the TV and is it worth repairing or should I just trash it? Thanks.

Unregistered guest
my friend in Elsalvador called me ask if i can get her a part for Mish 35" MODEL# cs-31303 Nobody in that country knows where to get a part for that tv
sO I GAVE IT A TRY ON THE NET , NOT HAVING ANY LUCK HERE. aNYONE KNOW WHERE OR WHO I CAN CALL FOR 2 PARTS NEEDED FOR THIS TV?

Erica Anderson
Unregistered guest
Does anyone have a service manual or schematics for a CS-3515R ?
Thanks.

Unregistered guest
We were given a Mitsubishi VS-461R projection TV. It has no manual. We have sound but no picture. The tv was store for 1 + years and worked fine when the unplugged it. Any advice or does anyone have a manual for this tv.

Unregistered guest
I have a CK-3530R with The Mitsubishi full Service Manual as well as the TV Manual. I have a remote control for it as well. I also have the TV. I bought this all new. It all works, but here is the problem. The TV when i start it don't show the picture. AFter it warms up for a bit and you slap the side a few times it comes on and everything is fine. Is anyone interested in it for parts or to fix it or whatever. Let me know soon. rwyffels@charter.net

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 425
AAh-h-h-h-h
A 35 in need of some tough love. I hope it finds a good home.

Unregistered guest
i have 35" mits .everything is fine but the piture jumps almost like a 3d effect .on dvds this problem is mostly gone.i think its the pip as it does not work.this was top of rthe line reduced curvature set.to good to throw out.does anyone know how to access the service menu to disengage pip.i know there are codes to get to this from the remote like sony xbr sets advise?

turbochica
Unregistered guest
hi all ... in 1998 my husband and i bought a used 40-inch mitsubishi tube tv. model CS-40503. we'ved loved it. (except the moving it part. takes 3 strong guys!) ... anyway, after yet another move, we tried turning it on, and everything but the picture was working. sound was great. setting displays were showing. but no picture. ... some remote button pushing and a couple of days later, we have NOTHING. no sound, no picture. in fact, pushing the power button does absolutely nothing. i know the electrical socket is working, so it's not that. i've searched online a lot today and can't seem to find any answers. i wonder if i've inadvertently pushed the wrong set of buttons and am now in some repair mode or other secret place that i can't get out of. any ideas? thanks for anything you can suggest.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 450
Yes indeedy, that 40" was one of the top video wonders of its day. A technical marvel no company other than Mitsubishi would or could tackle. Awesome.

Unfortunately, however, your TV needs some professional hands on attention now.

Unregistered guest
Please help; need service manual or schematics for mitsubishi CS-3735C

Unregistered guest
i have a mitsubishi projection model.vs-6043 i need a manual and the diagram please it sombody havent send to me thanks.my email is menor232003@yahoo.com

Username: Dhm

Sherman Oaks, CA USA

I have a Mitsubishi CS-35AX1 television, which has been in storage for the past 5 years. I finally brought it into the house, watched a world series game and turned it off. When I turned it on the following day, all I see is a solid green line running acoss the screen (left to right). When working, this is a great TV. I know the new technology would produce a superior picture, but this is a great TV...I'm at a cross roads...do I spend $2-300.00 fixing this thing, or just apply the money to a new flat screen. If I could get 3-5 years out of this set, the money would be worth it...but will this set make it? What are the probabilities? And, what should the repairs cost for something as I described?

Thanks...and hope to hear from someone.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 494
David, see

http://experts.about.com/q/1749/3767788.htm

They're practically giving away 32" flats these days. I would check out prices on something new before fixing the old one.

Maybe your set will respond to some tough love. :-)

Username: Chris_dvorak

Minneapolis, MN USA

Post Number: 3
My Mitsu 35" had picture problems and had several capicitors replaced for $50-$75 plus the service call. Definatly worth the money. The new issue with this set is that it turned off while in use and now does not turn on.Any ideas?

Chris

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 42
The biggest problem with older Mitsubishi televisions are that they develop leaky electrolytics. And, this problem isn't exclusive to just Mitsubishi TVs. It's been a problem with Mitsubishi VCRs and other equipment as well, except for their handful of LaserDisc players since Pioneer made them for Mitsubishi.

Mr. Dvorak, it may still be possible that your set has developed additional capacitor problems, possibly in the horizontal output circuit. Unfortunately, this failure can cause damage to the HOT (horizontal output transistor). Another possibility could be a failure of the flyback transformer. It may also be something as simple as a cold solder joint on a power relay.

Only way to find out is to have the set checked out again and an estimate given as to how much it will cost to fix. - Reinhart

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 43
This is an excerpt from a hyperlink provided here:

http://experts.about.com/q/1749/3767788.htm

"However, before you do anything, do the whacking test. It solves a great percentage of the problems. Just bang the set - while it is on - with your hand on the top, back, sides, to see if you can restore the picture. If so, it means there is a loose wire, cold solder joint or such acting up. Sometimes you can get it working reliably, other times a tech has to track it down and fix it."

If you whap the set and it fixes a problem that you are having, STOP USING THE SET AND GET IT FIXED NOW.

The problem will only return, eventually getting to the point where whapping on it will not get it back to working condition. Worse yet, continued use in that state could eventually cause a catastrophic failure that would be more expensive to fix or finnancially impractical to repair.

The only surefire fix is to trace down the intermittent problem and correct it right when it starts, not when the problem gets worse or causes the set to stop working altogether. This will help to prevent having a more expensive repair job or having to spend more money on replacing the set.

Your equipment is an investment. Treat it as such. - Reinhart

Unregistered guest
Am in bad need of Micro.pross. IC201 Part no.270p190010 or a circuit board 935c57001 for my mitsu. 60 inch. Its either that or the junk pile. papoose@sigecom.net Thanks Don

Daniel M
Unregistered guest
I have a 1996 Mits tv model C-S 31305. The tv turns off a moment after turning it on. I had a service rep replace the power supply a few years back and I suspect its the same problem. I took the power supply out myself and don't know where to buy/order a new one. Help please

Daniel M
Unregistered guest
I have a 1996 Mits tv model C-S 31305. The tv turns off a moment after turning it on. I had a service rep replace the power supply a few years back and I suspect its the same problem. I took the power supply out myself and don't know where to buy/order a new one. Help please

Unregistered guest
I have a Mistubishi that has just benn given to me. It has horizontal lines going across the screen and the entire picture has a slight pulsating action. The model is a VS 5043 can anyone help? If anyone has scehatic diagrams or a service manuel it would help. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
josh having same probs with a 48 inch 1993 mits...vs-4561.....vertical wont stop until been on 4 like hour then i get pict and every few secs it flutters and cant figure what it is ....could it b the pip or the horizontal output circuit if any 1 knows please e mail me or at least a quick response would be very nice............ thank you kindly Budz4u_joint@hotmail.com

Anonymous

I have a CS-3515R model mitsubishi tv...i turn it on and it asks for me to enter my personal code using my 10key pad on remote control...is there anyone who may know of a default code to get passed this

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 572
Anon:
Please read the post-link here. This may work or it may not.

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=544445#POST544445

Unregistered guest
I have a Mit CS 3515R TV and when turned on, a red and white horizontal line runs across the center of the screen. As it warms up, the line expands to almost a full screen. It was manufactured in 1991.
Any ideas. (worth fixing?)

Unregistered guest
My Mitsubishi television model cs-274010 reads speaker off everytime I try to adjust the volume,

I don't have a remote and do not know how to access the menu screen. Also I don't know what turned the speakers off in the first place.
Any suggestions???

Jack Hooter
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where I can find a new controller for a cs35307 Mits or a used one in good condition ? Thanks, Jack

Anonymous

I have a CS-3515R model mitsubishi tv...i turn it on and it asks for me to enter my personal code using my 10key pad on remote control...is there anyone who may know of a default code to get passed this

yes just did it today,,,use remote press 9 and Qv and there you go ..go into menue 5 and do the same 9+QV and change code to 0000 or something of your choise ..this should turn off the logggggggck

sll
Unregistered guest
My tv has muted two stations and I cannot figure out how to take the mute off any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
I have a CK-3514R that is in excellent condition and I am very happy with it. It is hooked up to the Dish Network and as a result we use the the Dish remote to control the TV, VCR and DVD player. My wife thought, since we were not using the Mitsubishi remote and seemed to be able to navigate and use the 3514 without using the user's manual, we did not need them. She threw them away in the trash to lessen the cluter in the house. I would like to find another remote and at least a copy of the user's manual. If you can help me let me know by return e-mail. jdavis@zeroz.biz

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 642
Since my 3514 is still going strong, I'm reluctant to send my OM out. But if you really really need it I will make a copy of mine for you if you are not in a big hurry. Regarding the remote, there are some replacement remotes that will work most or all functions. I wouldn't worry too much about replacing the remote or the owners manual, unless there's a specific problem that needs to be solved. Click my name and send a private e-mail to me if you have questions.

Good luck.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 643
Jack:
http://www.replacementremotes.com/store/productdetailp.cfm?productid=1947&catego ryid=289

Unregistered guest
looking for an owners manual, or a copy of for mits model cs 3521r please email me if you can help me out thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us