HDTV Comcast STB to 1000 Lines of Resolution TV

Username: Jimbo94109

Post Number: 1
I bought a Hitachi projection TV a few years back that has, according to the manual, 1000 Lines of resolution. This was before th HDTV Ready designation was widely used. The set has component video inputs, 4/3 display. If I get a Comcast HDTV box, and connect it to the TV with the component video cables, tune to one of Comcast's HD channels, would I be viewing a HD or near HD picture and what happens to the non HD channels on Comcast in that sort of setup?

Anonymous

The 1000 lines of resolution is referring to the horizontal resolution so your set would be 1000x480. The tv industry made a point that projection sets had higher horizontal than direct view sets. Sorry to say it is still standard def.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 226
Back in the good old days of analog TV, they used to put a test pattern on the screen and count the lines before they went blurry. It was a subjective evaluation. So your 1000 lines of resolution was just somebody's opinion.

Sorry, but Anon. is right, you need a digital HD ready TV to see HDTV. It's good you have component inputs, but you still have an analog standard definition TV, and you shall not see any High Difinition signals from any source.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us