Hitachi 46F510 vs. Toshiba 46H84C

Username: Newbie88

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I think I've (almost) narrowed down my choice of a 46" Rear Projection TV to either the Hitachi 46F510 or the Toshiba 46H84C.

Currently, I'm leaning towards the Hitachi because of a review I read on-line that says it has a feature that adjusts the color on the top and bottom (or left and right) bars when viewing non-16:9 images (i.e. regular TV broadcast) to shades of grey, vice black, which apparently will help avoid (or at least delay) the inevitable screen burn-in.

If anyone has purchased either of these models, I'd really appreciate your thoughts, experiences, etc.

whbush
Unregistered guest
I've had the Hitachi 46F510 for about a week now and couldn't be happier. I was also looking at the Toshiba, but decided against it due to negative reviews.

Username: Newbie88

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info.....last weekend I had the opportunity to see the 51" versions of the Hitachi and Toshiba models I was looking side-by-side at a local "big box" store. Due, in some part I think, to the light levels in the store, and the fact that I couldn't really stand back more than 6 or 7 feet from the 2 sets (shelves and stuff in the way), it was kinda hard to judge which set was best (they seemed pretty darn close), but I'm still leaning towards the Hitachi (and now, because it actually seems like a better deal, I might go for the 51" instead of the 46").

abomination
Unregistered guest
i just bought the hitachi 46f510 and it is a very nice television. although i am still undecided about the picture quality, as i would be with any projection television. DVD's are grrrrrrrrreat! booh on toshiba!

Username: Dangler88

Post Number: 1
Hitachi. Better TV IMHO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us