Which DVD Recorders work with Directv?

Unregistered guest
I am interested in adding a DVD Recorder to my home theater setup and I want one that integrates well with my current HD Directv system.

However, it appears that most DVD Recorders don't work with satellite when it comes to scheduling the box to record programs using either their built-in TV Guide or Tivo interface.

Is there a box out there that will work with my satellite and that will be able to be programmed to record the shows I want to watch?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 238
You basically just have to set timers on both, not a very big deal I've been doing it for a decade.

Unregistered guest
So just set the timer on my Directv to change channels to Oprah (for the wife!) at 4pm CST, and then set the DVD Recorder to record as well at 4pm?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 241
That's all you have to do, just be sure to set the DVD recorder on whatever input the Direct TV is on. You'll want to use an s-video cable or RCA jacks to hook to the recorder if possible.

atchisbr
Unregistered guest
Thanks!

Unregistered guest
I have directv w/tivo and philips dvdr 80. and i use ext 2 for dvdr in/out connections now in order to watch Directv the DVDR has to be on, is there another way to watch Directv without DVDR being on? I used the RCA connections vid & audio. for all connections. HELP PLEASE.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us