Question

Username: Cyberuff

Oceanside, CA USA

Post Number: 2
I just bought a Sony 34" Widescreen WEGA "KV-34HS40" to be exact. Anyways I see now that my normal tv picture is kinda distortded or blurry. Is that normal with a widescreen? The High Def comes in GREAT but the normal DirecTV ain't as clear as it was on my 38" Panasonic. Any suggestions?

Username: Kevin_eastman

Post Number: 8
Justin, I'm sure the experts will get on and have a say but here is my opinion from a new member also. I noticed the same problem that you have. As I worked my way up the TV ladder I noticed reduced picture quality. When I got my Hitachi LCD and complained to the "Dish" the tech guy (on the 5th call) said and I qoute "your tv is too good for our signal". Ain't that a kick in the teeth? Here's my idea. Before I got HD the signal on my Hitachi was ok and definately better than it is now. Its possible,in my opinion, that the DVI cable is "too good for the signal". So I'm going to run the cheapest Wal Mart composite cords I can find out of one of the auxillary outputs on the back of the receiver to an unused input on my tv. The dish people say this output will work with the DVI also hooked up but what do they know? But to be honest with you the picture is so great in HD that its almost worth watching the non HD shows on my kids 17". I'm curious what everyone else thinks. Have fun..........kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us