BASS PROBLEM WITH PIONEER DV-563AS

Username: Harbolt

Post Number: 24
I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me with a bass problem I am having with the Pioneer DV-563AS. I currently have it hooked to an Elite VSX-53TX and am running the inputs for the Super Audio CDs. The problem is that my bass is very good with every other component like the cd player, watching dvds, listening to music through the stereo, etc. But, when I listen to a super audio cd through the DV-563AS player, everything sounds good except for there is hardly any bass. Since my receiver does not remember speaker levels for each input, I am stuck with using what I use for all other formats. This should be sufficient and the bass should be good but it is not through the super audio cd. Does anyone have any suggestions other than having to change my settings every time I want to listen to a SACD? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brent

Username: Blind_bat

Post Number: 5
Hi Brent
I have exactly the same problem using my Marantz DV6400 and with DVD-Audio disks.
So far nobody could assist me besides telling me to drop the subwoofer level on my receiver and then just boosting the sub's level on it's own level gain control, and then when you switch to 5.1 input on the amp for dvd-audio or SACD then the same sub-woofer level should be heard. Unfortunately I don't like this method, because I actually feel that besides the level been much lower to the sub in 5.1 dvd-audio and sacd mode it sounds like the sub is also not extending as low as it usually does when using the receiver's processing for the other audio formats.

Have you yet tried playing around with your dvd-player's audio setup settings, such as trying to set the other channels to large instead of small, and upping the sw output (On the Pioneer 563 itself)?
I've played around with those settings on the Marantz DV6400, but doesn't really help, but my dealer is coming to help me calibrate my system next week, and if he can solve it I will definitely report back to this forem.

tks
Carl

Username: Harbolt

Post Number: 48
Carl. Thanks for the response. As far as using the subs gain ocntrol instead of the receiver, that is actually what I do. Do you not recommend this? I have my receiver sub volume set at 0 and have the gain on my sub turned up to about 3/4 of its volume. And, as far as adjusting the output on the DVD player, well, there is not much there to adjust. There is a fixed volume and variable volume but the manual says if you leave it in fixed mode, the output will automatically be set to the maximum. Oh well, not a big deal as I have about 500 cds and don't plan on trying to replace my cd library with SACDs. At least not until I win the lottery. Thanks again for the response. Good to know I am not the only one with this problem.

Brent

Username: Blind_bat

Post Number: 7
Hi Brent
Yes, I've for now setup my receiver's sub output lower and my sub's gain control up, so that when I switch to dvd-audio or sacd I get a simlar bass response, but I must say that the bass definitely doesn't seem to extend as low as it should with the dvd-a disks I've got, and the music I know has bass, so I feel it's not what it should be.
As for the Pioneer not being able to give you full bass management, maybe it is in the end a software issue with the sound encoding on dvd-a and sacd.
I can suggest, if you ever listen to, or can get hold of Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon on sacd, try it, because my dealer told me that that disk has very strong bass and that's via the sacd playback mode. I going to try it too if I can get hold of that disk, because then at least we can hear if it's maybe just a software problem, or our player's setup or something.
To be honest I haven't gone into all the audio options and variations yet in the Marantz, I'm busy moving and it's currently in it's box and thus is giving me no bass at all.

Anyway, will keep you posted
Cheers
Carl

Rod
Unregistered guest
Guys I'm not sure if this is the same issue but:

Are you sure that it's not just the fact that you are using the stereo SACD tracks which are not 2.1? This I have found is the issue with my DVD-A playback. Because it's not 2.1 the only way to achieve correct bass management is to parallel your speaker wires to the sub or use the multi-channel track and make the most of the LFE channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us