KF 50WE610 & Burn in

Unregistered guest
Hello,

When we were looking at HD TV's the salesman was
pushing the KF50WE610 over the 34" widescreen HD
tube type we had planned on buying. The salesman said
that there is no burn in with the KF 50.
Is this true?

Thank You
Gary Davis

Rob O.
Unregistered guest
I bought the KF60WE610 and wondered the same thing. I have read conflicting reports regarding this issue and I would like to know once and for all myself.

Unregistered guest
how is the 60WE610 treating you ? did you have to wait on backorder at all?

i read there is no burn in with LCD RPTV --

try this link -- ive read this in different places

http://www.technofile.com/articles/lcd_versus_plasma.html

Rob O.
Unregistered guest
Contrary to many of the posts on this site I have had a good experience with the 60WE610. I did have a long wait for the set, and originally I ordered the RCA Scenium DLP. The Sony's came in first, so I took that sight unseen. I'm very happy with the picture quality of DVD's and HDTV. For me the best testimonial came from my wife who is not into TV that much. The first time she watched HBO HDTV, she said "The picture's amazing! I feel like they're here in the living room with us!"
You do need to be careful turning this set on and off. If you shut it off you have to wait for the fan to finish it's two minute cooling cycle, before the TV will turn back on. I'm not sure if the set will break if you continually try to turn it on before it's ready, but this is a myth I told my kids so they make sure to wait for the fan to turn off.

My last set was a hulking SONY rear projection, and the picture on this LCD is way better. Overall, I and my family love it.

TheBobGoat
Unregistered guest
When did you get your set Rob?

also, do you live near a place you can return or have serviced.. i live in the middle of no where and that bugs me a little

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 6
Its very hard to burn a image in a lcd projection from what i understand.

Rob O.
Unregistered guest
TheBobGoat, I got my set about 4 weeks ago. I bought the set from a local retail chain that is an authorized Sony service, so that's not an issue for me. One good thing about the sets is that they only weigh about 100 lbs so if you had to you could get it into the back of an SUV that had it's rear seat down. Otherwise, I'm not sure how you would deal with returns or servicing.

TheBobGoat
Unregistered guest
ya, sony people said after 90 days, i would have to mail it to them -- that has to cost a bit! (again, good thing its only 100 lbs)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us