HDTV channels?

Username: Pinotgrigio1999

Post Number: 2
A question that I can not find an answer to is this...If my local abc station is 2(analog), and on my hdtv receiver box the hdtv feed for this station comes up as 2.1, and the actual hdtv station number is 52(hdtv), would this be picked up by a vhf or uhf antenna? Is the 2.1 hdtv feed actually channel 52? Thank you to anyone that can clarify this.

Username: Remoteguy

Post Number: 4
I beleive all the digital signals are sent over uhf only and the tuner sorts these signals to certain channel numbers, if your signal is not strong enough it will come up on say 21-1 equals channel 29 digital(in minneapolis) answer yes on channel 52,uhf only

Post Number: 6
I beleive all the digital signals are sent over uhf only and the tuner sorts these signals to certain channel numbers, if your signal is not strong enough it will come up on say 21-1 equals channel 29 digital(in minneapolis) answer yes on channel 52,uhf only

Username: Pinotgrigio1999

Post Number: 3
So Kevin, even though the HDTV feed is showing up on my receiver as 2.1, it is actually channel 52...which would make the reception uhf, not vhf.
Thank you for clearing this up...all this just seems very difficult to understand. I saw the 2.1 and thought it would be vhf...guess I need to change my antenna!
Thank you.

Post Number: 7
Are your channels not showing up or do you have low signal? you can try a pre-amplifier or a RF amp on your antenna first, before you change antennas, just dont go to hi on the db scale as hi def tuners and amplification dont go very well together,you can get these at radio shack, keep the reciept if they dont work, easier than changing most antennas.sorry about double message computer acting up!

TheBobGoat
Unregistered guest
try this page.
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us