Archive through November 15, 2003

MIKE A
ANYONE HAVE TR-5210 HOME THEATER RESEARCH

jim
yes I have one just purchased. Have not had a chance to try it out yet. This is the speakers/with woofer only. No cables with unit. Purchased for $200.00 total. I still need to purchase a receiver yet. I have read comments for and against this company. what have you read or seen. Phoenix Arizona

Anonymous
Theater Research speakers are a scam. Well people may argue what is a scam? If the speakers sound good to them, yet they overcharged you 100 times, is that a scam?

Many audiophiles think so. But then again, those con artists at Theater Research (where the speakers are also re-branded in different names to confuse novices) would argue that your local supermarket marks up things 3-20 times. So can yuo call FBI up and say your local supermarkets are con artists?

Can you say Bose speakers are scam? Audiophiles *trashes* them, yet many people are more than happy to spend $$$$$$ to buy an cheap Bose radio and think this is SOTA and an status symbol.

You will see lotsa of TR con artists making numerous posts acclaiming the speakers (anybody who have an *ear* would know who those idiots are). You will also see lotsa genuine audiophiles stepped on those speakers like crap, and those victims screaming out loud for help.

Well I think if somebody markets a product with false information and questionable tactics, then it's a scam. TR definitely falls into that category. Open your TR speakers up and check for yourself. If you still can't *see* the scam, then you are a very happy fool (I feel bad because you are *deaf*, yet feel glad because you feel happy and won't go postal).

Not to mention the white van tactic, you will see many TR speakers are up on eBay by different sellers with zero feedback. Guess what, most of them are belong to the same organization. If TR is an genuine company, why would they use numerous different new eBay accounts to sell them? The rest are being sold from the victims who try to do damage control.

And to that eBay seller who wanna reports me to eBay SafeHarbor and try to suspend my account because I tried to reveal his scam: Drop dead. I won't care if I face eBay. Would you care if you face your state's Attorney General, FTC and FBI????? If you are ready, let's do it face to face like man ok? You dog!

Anonymous
I live in houston and purchased some of their products and am a satisfied customer.If you listen to the speakers and rocked to them you also would be happy.It doesnt matter how you got them the general censes if you bought them out of a van is a scam is absolutely ridiculous.If you look in the Robb report Home entertainment magazine you will see other speaker companys selling there prpducts for thousands of dollars over cost.Speakermen RULE and you idiots who are jealous we make more money than you just suck a big one!!!!!!!!!

G-Man
How much integrity and pride can you have when you sign your posts--"Anonymous"?

Would you buy a Rolex from someone in a van? Would you trust that it is a "REAL" Rolex and not a knock-off?

If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Buying speakers from a guy in a van is like buying penny stocks that are touted by brokers and people you don't know.

chris robs
I purchased a set of TR 1500 speakers from 2 guys in a white van here in charlotte nc about month ago. They are tower speakers and look very very nice next to my big screen tv. I gave him 150 dollars for 2 tower although the price tag on the boxes were 1999.00 each. I was like I wonder if their gonna sound good once I get home and hook them up to my stereo, because I,v never heard of TR speakers. Once I hooked them up I will say I was definitely satisfied, more than satisfied, just upset that I didn't purchase another set. I don't care if they say this is a scam or not, the bottom line is that the speakers are off the chain. They have my entire apartment shakeing their so loud and clear. The bass is clear and not cluttered and the highs are so crisp I really am happy with my speakers. I know that these speakers are worth more than 150 so I don't feel I was scamed at all. I got more than what I payed for. I would agree and see how some say this is a scam because their selling out of a van but to duplicate these speakers would cost alot more than 150 bucks with out the components. THanks alot mr white van guys. Please come back to charlotte nc. My friends are crazy about my system as well and I,m tired of them asking me how can they find you because they want some of these speakers. If they weren't anygood I would definitely be at the local tv station complaining. Peace out..

j love
hey everybody i to purchased some denmarks home enterainment surround sound blah blah, from the white van guys, i payed 240 total and i robbed them,hehe well made products and sound dang good u can hardly buy JUNK speakers for 240$ so im very satisfied with them hope everyone else is as pleased with the products as i am

BillM
I had the same thing happen to me, white van in a Sunoco parking lot. I paid $200 for a pair of TR-2800, I hooked them up tonight to see if they were worth keeping.. They sounded pretty good, I was surprised.... For $200 I don't think there a bad speaker and they seam to be well built..

I just purchased some speakers out of the back of a van. ( tr5210 ) for $200.00
the guys told me they were supposed to deliver them to a doctor and for whatever reason couldnt, but didnt want to take them back to their store in tampa. theysaid they were valued at $1999.00, and showed me some ad in a catalogue for that amt.
I would like some recourse. i took down their license plate number.anyone can help me?

Bryan
i bought a theater system to and i was very satisfied with them and i find those guys again i will buy more and more of them its pertty good for there price i only paid 160 for mine and i will buy more if i find them

Anonymous
what? i just bought a home system for 200 i got it yesterday it think its a tr 8010 system from some guys in a truck they showed me a catalog with those speakers for 2500 so i guess they bought a truck and got rid of the white van

Mark Wu
Does anyone know how to install the subwoofer the TR-5210, the terminals are unfamilar to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anonymous
anyone know how to install the TR-6000. please let me know. For some reason i hook it up and only the two front speaker and the woofer is working, but not the surround sound speaker and the center. Nothing wrong with the speaker i had checked.

Dave
WELL, WELL, WELL. I THOUGHT IT WAS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE. THE LINE THAT WAS USED ON ME BY TWO GUYS IN A VAN WAS THAT THEY WERE OVERSHIPPED STOCK AND THEY HAD TO MEET THERE BOSS RIGHT AWAY SO NEEDED TO GET RID OF SOME SPEAKERS. THE OTHER SETS THAT WERE IN THE VAN WERE FOR INSTALL OF A CLIENT. THEY HAD NAME TAGS WITH PICTURE AND A COMPANY NAME WHICH THEY WORKED FOR AS PROFESSIONAL INSTALLERS. I HATE BEING CONNED BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT THE SOUND THAT CAME FROM THE SPEAKERS WAS GREAT. I'M NOT SURE IF I PISSED OR SATISFIED.

Me too!!! Yesterday, same day, same guys, same story about the overstock and having to meet their boss. White van, Nevada license plates. This was in Austin, Texas, right outside a Diamond Shamrock on Guadalupe and 40th street. I myself am a liar, so I figured I could see through them if they were liars, but I guess not. If anyone needs a testimonial in any legal stuff, I'll volunteer myself.

Paul Hur
I just bought two tower speakers and a box with a sub-woofer, surround sound the hole works for $750. Do you thnk that this is a good deal. This was in Grand Rapids MI, right out side the cascade sports bar and grill.

Guys in the white van
I just sold a pair of Theater Research tower speakers and surrounds to some drunk sucker outside of Cascade sports bar the other day for $750 dollars!!!

Paul Hur
Reverse psychology works every time! I Knew you guys would type me back. I need another set because I sold the last one for $2000 to some rich LO. So if you could meet me there once agian it would be greatly appriciated. Hit me back!!!

Guys in the white van
Dear Paul Hur,
My associate and I will be in Grand Rapids for another two days. We will meet you Friday, September 19th at 11:30pm with the same speaker system and maybe we can give you VIP pricing this time.

Guys In White Van
Coming to Houston, Tx on September 31, 2003. Call me at 713-220-2000 please reach me if u want tha baddest speakas on da planet. Look for the white van in the back of Chevron on Wilcrest.

Mike Sturgill
I met up with them yesterday. The TR-2810s really have a rich deep bass to them, are really beautiful and have a nice range. Beats me how someone can afford to part with 'em for $200.00

ronnie
September only has 30 days in it, there is no September 31.

Guys In White Van
really now...

ronnie
Did you mean the 1st ?

Heidi
The same ordeal just happened to me. Some guy in a white suburbanish vehicle sold me TR-5140 speakers for $150. Massachusetts license plates, and said he was picking up an order for his boss and they gave him a couple of wrong orders. I havn't hooked them up yet because I don't own a reciever, I am planning on selling them. I want to know if they are really worth $1999.99 or if this is a scam. From what i have read, it sounds like they are of decent quality. How can these guys let these speakers go for so cheap, unless they are stolen? If they really wern't stolen you would think that their boss would notice all the missing speakers during inventory since they have sold so many. It also seems that these guys are getting the word around and are covering a wide area, all the way across the US. I am from Brunswick, Maine and they even made it all the way up here.

Anonymous
da-ding ive been hit too, all the way up in Edmonton,Alberta although i only paid 250can anybody want to buy some nice theatre research series 1110 speakers for 500$$

Anonymous
i just bought a couple of tr-o212 for $275 and im all the way up in washington state. i got the same shpeel from the dude except he was driving a green expedition. so are these speakers nice or what?

Derick
I just bought the TR 6000 home theater system for $160.00 from a guy in a white van. He gave me the whole bull crap story. If he would have told me that he had the system with the price not so out of reality, (the truth) I think I would still have bought it, but without the feeling of being ripped off. I think the scam is that they want up to $1999.00. I feel $160 was a fair price, but if I had paid more, I would keep my eyes open for them, and then beat my money out of them in blood. But I'm happy...

Derick
push the effects button on your remote to make the surround work

Josh
I got a TR-8000 in a parking lot in Amesbury, MA, from two guys in a white Bravada SUV with Mass plates. They said the same story... got the wrong delivery, want to sell them to me rather than just return them to the store. Well, I paid $300, and think it wasn't such a great idea.... they don't seem to be wired correctly at all.

If it looks to good to be true, we need to all remember that it is!

hello,
i got a tr-5210 brand new, i don't know how much it costs, i got it for a gift. but it's brand new. please reply.

not guy in white van
these motherfools, sold it to me for 130. I haven't even opened them up to see the quality because if they are cheap, im going to sell it to someone else. Someone please reply to tell me im these sonofbeeaches are worth keeping

PIMPIN SPEAKER MAN
HAHAHA YOU ALL GOT PLAYED... STUPID FUCKS

Anonymous
I have two 15x4x2"three way JBL decade series speakers, Cost 179.99 a peice from the factory.
I just heard ONE TR-0212 With only 70 of the possible 400 continuous watts. Seventy watts blew my JBLs face down. There for sale online right now. TR must be a NEW Company Promoting, a scam i dont know but dont suspect. There speaker cabinet is made of SOLID OAK. Not cheap but i would not be suprised if i see these speakers on the market real soon. There website is under construction and there is evidence they are new in the HOME theatre. There Speakers Rock, Boom, Bump- whatever you want. "Chrome, Aluminized cones , give me two and I cant let em go"...

Neah
This is neah, the person who wrote the jbl blah blah above.......its weird that they all ended up in poeples hands, for cheap, all over , people bump them other people want them, BAM in the stores and at TR.com for SH** Tons a money... I guess ill find out if it is so... Untill then I guess Ill keep telling everybody they are a mystery...

Jake Plummer
I just bought a TR-8200 (one sub with amp + 5 speakers) from two guys in a blue voyager this week in Montreal (Quebec). They told me exactly the same god damned story as Dave's story...They told me that it was worth 2500$ U.S. but that they had to get rid of it before they go back to see their boss (they told me it was a delivery error)...They wanted 600$CAN for it, but I finally had it for 400$CAN. I really feel that this is a giant conspiracy and that I have been robbed. What do you think ??? My brother whose in electronic will evaluate this system with me this weekend. I'll return here to put my comments on the quality of this system.

heidi
All i know is the more i read about these speakers and these guys in the white van, the less I trust either of them. Jake, I am really interested to see what your brother has to say about these speakers.

Anonymous
the hell with the two guys in the white van

just bought a tr 8010 from ebay as well as a set of r-1110............did i just get screwed or should i go ahead and pay for these.........i bid on them. was outbid and then someone re-tracted their bid and i won everything for 500 usd........let me know out there before i pay this dude "that needs fast cash"

by the way, the 8010 is a 6pc home theater system and the r-1110 are digital tower speakers.....thanks

Trevor
Screw the white van biotches, i got screwed by them, ecxept they were driving a blue Astro Van. SO if your round the Utah area and you see them, go ahead and f@*& their $#!t up.

Anonymous
How can they afford to sell these products for such a mark down??? It's actually a huge mark-up, Imagine getting $200 or $250 for something you never paid for in the first place? That is a great mark-up!!!

As far as getting ripped off.... You could'nt get audiovox surround sound for $160 and that stuff is shite. If it sounds ok then who cares anyhow, go ahead and stick Bose stickers on it if it makes you feel better

suckered
I just bought the TR-2800. The deal was too good to pass up. Even if the speakers turn out to be $500 speakers, it was a steal. I guess we'll see.

I feel a bit suckered from all the posts I've read but if these sound as good as they look, I'll suck it up to getting lucky.

If I have any negatives from their performance, I'll post there.

Bob Barker
My roommate just got screwed by the "guys in the white van." There really ought to arrest these fockers and find out who is behind all this bull shiot.

Ryan Hanse
they are in bountiful Utah as I am speaking at K-mart in wood cross in a blue laredo cheerokee with no lisence plates

Ryan Hanse
I took them trough a bank camera before I bought them , so Utah first credit union in bountiful should have them or at least the driver on camera

Anonymous
My roommate just bought a pair of tR 8200 speakers, for five hundred. here we are college guys think'n it was an awesome deal, we hooked it up to (same story the guys said it was extra's from some studio blah blah blah) any how, we hooked it up, and we were amazed that it sounded so juicy the sound, and how powerful they were, but were still thinking about the name "theater research" i'm a sound tech and i have never came upon such a brand, one things for sure, it may sound good, but when will they explode, hopefully not soon.
Bothell, Washington

rw

Anonymous
My roommate just bought a pair of tR 8200 speakers, for five hundred. here we are college guys think'n it was an awesome deal, we hooked it up to (same story the guys said it was extra's from some studio blah blah blah, oh yeah it was a white van, what the hell is going on?) any how, we hooked it up, and we were amazed that it sounded so juicy the sound, and how powerful they were, but were still thinking about the name "theater research" i'm a sound tech and i have never came upon such a brand, one things for sure, it may sound good, but when will they explode, hopefully not soon.
Bothell, Washington

rw

Looks like I'm not the only one these guys are making money off of. I just gave them $350 for 2 10" subwoofers and a box with neon lights. Same exact setup, van, boss over ordered, the guy had to go meet his boss in 40 minutes. Havent hooked them up yet though. I found their website though its www.trtheaterresearch.com. The only thing on the website was a phone number that no one answered. One things for sure, they are good at what they do.

Blue Dodge
They were in a red Astro van on Oct 2. One is a tall and the other very fat. The tall one does most the talking and the work. While fatty sit in the front set sweating all over the place. I have your licence plat. The windshield girl got it for me. The speakers don't even work. I will see u guys later. Tyler Texas

Anonymous
Same thing happened to me, i got the TR-8010 home theater for $200 in Westford Massachusetts. I got screwed but i'm thinking about selling them on eBay. any ideas, will it work?

Hooked up the subwoofers to my house system. they actually sound pretty clean, dont know how long they will last though, we'll just see.

well some thing happened to me i bought the tr5210 for 150 all the way in orlando florida looks like theses guys go all over i hooked them up to a friends reciever since i dont have one and they sounded great, i live in a dorm now so im lookin to sell them let me know if any one wants them.

Red Dodge
I got the 8010 set from a couple of guys in a red explorer on friday. Both young guys. Haven't hooked them up yet, but I'm also from Tyler, Texas, so I'm not really looking forward to it if you said that yours didn't work.

Pissed
I bought a set of Tr-1110's for $250 in Bloomington Illinois. Hav'nt hooked them up yet cause I now have to buy a receiver. From reading all the other messages I feel like turfing them and writing it off to a bad experience - and not even spending the money on a decent receiver. Please let me know if they work.

Tony B.
I bought a 5 peice set in the parking lot of a Bank of America in LA , CA for $300.00 about a month ago. Have not had a chance to test them out, but I think that they will be worth the money. We will just have to see when I get enough receiver power to push them. White boys in the whith van, are you selling receivers powerful enough to push the speakers, if so meet me in the parking lot and make me a deal that I can't refuse. peace out..

Tony B.
I bought a 5 peice set in the parking lot of a Bank of America in LA , CA for $300.00 about a month ago. Have not had a chance to test them out, but I think that they will be worth the money. We will just have to see when I get enough receiver power to push them. White boys in the white van, are you selling receivers powerful enough to push the speakers, if so meet me in the parking lot and make me a deal that I can't refuse. peace out..

Well....to all of you that think these pos speakers are nice....you need to listen to real speakers. I'm not done with these rip off artists. I can't believe I was dumb enough to think these POS speakers were good. Yeah they look nice, but the sound quality is crap. My Sony speakers for $250 blow these things away. On the other hand, I'm not stopping here. I demanded a receipt when I purchased them for $200 which has the company info listed on it.

American Sound Systems, Inc.
1025 Lunt Avenue Unit B
Schamuburg, IL 60193
(847) 534-0420

I checked the Secretary of State's website today and they are not even a valid corporation. You characters better hope I get my money back in two days or I'm going to get all these people together and file a class action suit! You screwed with the wrong guy. I'll make sure you ***** are flippin burgers like you should. Go and get an education you POS rip off artists.

BTW....anybody who wants some recourse on these guys......drop me an email. I also have their license plate #!

Punked
Contact every legal party you can: Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, State's Attorney's office, County Consumer Affairs, State License Board. They'll see the trend and contact local law enforcement. The charges which can be faced focus on: local sales ordinance, deceptive marketing, "made in the usa" claims, etc. Do the research and track down these guys. The fockers I dealt with actually gave me a cell number that works. By the way, they took a personal check, (too bad it was stopped)... anyone need some speakers??

I SELL 30 TO 50 SETS A WEEK AND MAKE A KILLING THESE SPEAHERS ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY IF YOU PAY 200 OR 800 THEY ARE WORTH ONLY WHAT YOU PAID !!! SO KEEEP BUYING SPEAKERS AND ILL KEPP GETTING PAID . TO ALL MY FELLOW SPEAKERS BROWS STFO!!!!!!

Chithead99
Uhh yeah I just bought a pair of Black TR-0212 from two guys in a blue astro van from burnsville minnesota. But unlike most of you guys I really did get a steal, as I paid $100 for the set, they started at $400 but I would not give. So far they sound and look great, No complaints here. but I still feel violated! Go Vikings!

I just bought a set of TR 5210's today for 170 bucks. These guys were in a brown cherokee, but what I want to know is if you guys(all of my fellow scammees) think that there is just the one set of scammers going across country pushing this crap. The mfs I came acrossed were dark complected white guys one of which had a fu man chu. Whatever the case may be let's organize and get some money back.

btw: they're in Kansas City

Been fked
I also got suckerd into buying a set of tr 1100 for $800. from a guy in suberban in Alaska. and if i find the guy again i am going to kill him. I have seen him many times before so he better watch his back. by the way any one need some speakers?

David
My father took home what he thought were some "Top of the line" speakers that he bought from a "guy out in front of his store." My father is a big guy who wears shiny black dress shoes, silk slacks, collar shirt and a tie to work. He owns his own business and looks like a guy who knows little about electronics and who has an a$$load of cash to spend. "Wow these speakers have a list price of $1199 and he wants to sell them to me for $200!! this guy must be an idiot" So my dad like a big dumb animal bought these speakers because the man showed him the catalog that had the list price. It's in a catalog, its gotta be good. So when I come home I see these horrendous looking speakers with some kind of jailhouse looking protective grill. They are of course "Aluminized cone" and have a power handling rating of "700 watts program power" whatever the hell "program power" is I really didn't care. So after letting off some steam and yelling at the top of my lungs demanding why he would throw away $400 of his money I hooked them up to show how $hitty they sound. The left speaker was blown and both speakers distorted with the volume at less then 24db the speakers were too bright (as is the case with many aluminum cone speakers) and the sound was horrendous at best. Music that I normally found pleasing I found annoying through these speakers. I told him about how he could have bought brand name speakers that sound twice as good at Circuit City or went to Wal-mart and paid less for better quality. He still denies that he was scammed and he knows the speaker suck but he still claims that he conned this guy out of $800. If you want speakers with a list price of $1200 and are worth every penny, I say go with a pair of Dynaudio Audience. Not even their flagship model and they sound great for the price. I can get a pair of those for about $700 and I guarantee that they would sound 100 times better. Just because it has a list price of $1200 does not mean it is good, remember that this price is set by the manufacturer (whoever this is I don't care) and is not a sufficient means of figuring the cost of production of the speakers, meaning these $25 speakers could be sold by anybody on the street for $2000 dollars if someone is dumb enough to fork it out. And the cheesy catalog that they wave around in your face is provided BY THE SALESMAN which salesmen can never be trusted to tell you the full truth, otherwise he would never make a profit or be paid commission. Also be aware of those who are willing to sell $1200 products for $200 the last time I checked, giving customers 84% off is not going to keep you in business long. All of these basic fundamentals should be learned in a simple economics class or even a Business 101 class. Beware of strange men in white vans looking to make you a great deal so that they can lose money on these "Top of the line Speakers" Last time I checked everyone is concerned with rational self interest and not going out of their way to save you money.

I bought two sets of TR-810 recently. I have a phone number for Theater Research: 949 355-6008

I bought a 50" Toshiba hdws for 1200.cash at New World Electronics 714 899-5848 in california. So far my Tv and sound systems sound great. I paid $550 for one TR-810 with a Pioneer DSX-D511 and a guy hooking up my system and Tv. I have had this guy come two more times to set up the same system in my bedroom except the tv. I traded a couple of older receivers and one tv and I only paid 100 for the bedroom set of the tehater research speakers.

I have two sets of expensive Infinity speakers and these Theater Research speakers are Well Worth the money.

I am upset though, that these speakers are sold in the back of vans. As I said New World Eletronics sell these speakers every day in their big stereo store.

Anonymous
i just bought the tr 5210 for $200. the guy and girl that sold them to me are unbelievable at what they do. kudos to the con artists in tampa. they had me completely fooled.

believe it or not, they sound amazing!

matt Brown
I bought the tr-8000 system for $250 from two young kids (18-22)in Cooper City Florida. The system work great for like two hours. I had the smarts to write down the tags on vehicle make. My uncle Jack is a sheriff down here, once he gives me their address I will post it for all to see.

Mark
I bought a set of theater research surround sound speakers at Camp Pendleton in California. I haven't been able to try them out yet so I don't know how bad I was scammed. I got it from a couple of smooth talkers who said they where "over stocked". My fiance wasn't too happy about the purchase. :-)

Anonymous
Does anyone know if the theater research tr-5210 speakers are shielded? i don't want to screw up my tv.

Anonymous
Also scammed on the 5120's, however my roommate, who worked as a home audio tech over the summer, helped me hook them up to a reviever, and he thought they sounded pretty good (not to mention he had a hard time getting them to distort).

From the sounds of things, it seems like they've got quite a network of people all over the US and Canada running an identical scam. Perhaps this is moreso a unique marketing technique than a scam, but I certainly feel ripped off. Tell people you know and try to catch them in the act.

Anonymous
For all those deaf people who think TR speakers sound good, and for all those normal people who know TR is bad, please WRITE DOWN THE LICENSE PLATE of the vans, then:

1) Report this business scheme to your local state's internal revenue dept, and to IRS, as tax evasion. Give the license plate # to them. Let them do the work.

2) Report this business scheme to your local state's attorney general as non-registered business.

3) Call your local police to report those vans as trepassing private properties.

This is the only way to prevent further scams. And this is the way to show everybody once and for all what kind of people sells those TR speakers.

Thanks to all and God bless.

anybody know in which volume number of the HOME ENTERTAINMENT & DESIGN magazin the THEATER RESEARCH brand appear?
i really wish i could see them there. at least to reasure myself and my entourage that those tr5140 r the best speaker on earth.

Chris Moerbe
I bought a pair of TR-1500's today for $400 out of a red minivan from a Wal-Mart parking lot in Texas. I hooked them up as soon as I got home and they sounded great. Other than the odd ice-cream cone shape of the tweeter on top, I'm completely satisfied.

randy
I feel like a freakin idiot. I got the story about being overstocked and saw the catalog that they were worth 2,000$ each. I paid 250 for them and came home hoping to sell them and make tons of cash, so i looked on the internet for them and saw this site and almost crapped myself. I havnt hooked them up and im not going to cause i dont have a reciever and dont wanna buy one for them. So for the people on this site that say they like the speakers and wanna buy more, wright back here cause i dont want them and want to forget that this ever happened.

Anonymous
just got scammed in downtown fort lauderdale. waved me over, was going to give them 400 for the tr 6000's luckily, couldn't take that much out. gave em 260. i'm gonna find those mfs and get my money back

the punisher remeber me white van guys
hey everybody, same stuff more exciting story with me happened today, well they finally made it out to Idaho. I was at the mall shoping when I pulled in two dudes in the white chevy astro van pulled up one was about 6 foot blonde reddish hair with glasses bulbis nose like a drunkard, fairly tan skin weighed about 170, the driver was a bigger fellow he was probably 215, 5'11 unshaven brown hair wearing a seattle mariners hat, they gave me the same story Of course I fell for it thats why I on this forum, I ended up with two Tr-1400 for $300, that was after I talked them down and down. Very instant and pushy they were kinda reminded me of the Mofia, wait thats right who else would be able to fund such a scam the one guy had a New York accent anyways. So I get home talk to my roomate, and the first thing he said was you did just, he had the same thing happen to him about 5 yrs ago in California so obviously this has gone on for a while.I came home and saw this forum ran to my car with my battle sword in hand and caught up to their little van on the road, started to get in a high speed chase to catch them but almost got in a reck letting them get a way to rip someone else off. Although I plugged them in though and they do sound good so now as many others am sceptical now on the whole ordeal.

Proud Uncle?
My nephew called me last night and said I had to see his new speakers (TR-5210). From reading all the above comments, it's starting to make sense. I checked them out tonight and was surprised I couldn't find any identifying marks or place of manufacture. I said I would see what I could find on the internet, but that I had never heard of them. He told me he met a guy (didn't hear anything about a white van) who had a set of these speakers for a home being built here. But, that for some reason, two sets of the speakers showed and wanted to sell them. They showed a catalog saying they sell for $1,999.00 and the same amount was printed on the box. The box contained four satellite speakers, a center channel and the subwoofer. My nephew offered the guy $50 and walked away with the set for $100. Like the above comments, this is obviously a scam, because a real company wouldn't market their products out of a van all across the country. But, it's funny that all these stories are so identical! By the way, they do sound pretty good and I would definitely say worth the $100 he paid. You would think they were stolen, but they come with the box...I just don't get it. Oh, he bought them yesterday in Grand Junction, Colorado.

Proud Uncle?
I just called my nephew and read him the above comments. He said it was exactly like the stories here! But, he likes his speakers. He says the guys were in a gold 2003 Ford Explorer with Oklahoma plates and they approached him at a local car wash. Be careful, they asked if they could follow him to an ATM to get the cash. Don't do this!!! I'm interested in hearing from anyone else who comes across the gold Explorer from Oklahoma. Post a message here.

Johnny
I had some guys in Norman Oklahoma try to sell me some speakers out of a white van about 2 months ago. I just said No and didn't even look at the speakers, but after reading all these posts I wish I had bought them. It sounds like people are selling some good sound systems dirt cheap. And whoever this guy is whining about it, he is probably either a salesman who sells the setup for $2000 and is pissed about people getting good deals, or he is some dork who actually paid $2000 for his, and now is pissed that everyone else is getting them for $200 or less. Tough luck goober boy. Get a life and move on.

willa lee
My husband just got a pair of TR2850 for 200 bucks in Texas today. We have not hook them up yet. I am not happy with that now.

Anonymous
YEP JUST GOT HIT BY THE WHITE VAN
NEVER HEARD OF THE BRAND BUT IT LOOKED LIKE A GOOD DEAL

NOW WE CANT FIND OUT HOW TO PLUG THE DARN THINGS

AND DO THEY SOUND GGOD OR WHAT?????????

musicjunkie22
the other day, the white van with the same old story came up to me and my bro. we know the game so we opened the boxes and so on, we ended up agreeing on 330 bucks, gave him 250 and took off. who scamed who?

Jessica in Tampa Florida
On the website for this stupid place it has a phone number, Im gonna call these fools. Its funny how you all have the same exact story "the man in the van told me he was overstocked." It's a scam folks...This guy who sold me the speaker for 100.00 was at a bank when i was making a deposit. Luckily i told him my car i got is new and i only have 100.00 in my bank account. So who got scammed? I think he did cause I lied out my azz to him.

Can anyone tell me how to hook up my tr-1110? I wanna see if I got screwed. But, seriously, I have no Idea. help!

Anonymous
Does anyone know how I can get on to "Theater Research's" website(if it exists) or get some information on the Company if it exists, after reading the posts by most of these people I am thoroghly convinced that it is a scam. Although I myself have not bought any of these "great" speakers, my two idiot friends did, looking to make a good profit. I was doing them a favor by looking up information on them. It's funny how everyone has the same sob story about a "white van" and too much stock. Personaly this isn't the first time that men in a white van have approched me about buying speakers, I usually ignore and turn down the offer, but my friends.... anyway hope things work out for those of you who feel ripped, but I could use the information to help my friends and hopefully others.

---Shinjii--- Daytona Beach FL
Bank Of America Pkg Lot

Anonymous
I JUST GOT A SET FROM 2 GUYS IN WHITE VAN PLATE # YJY6668 PENN. ON THE SIDE OF VAN HAD SIGN AMERICAN SOUND SYSTEM. I CALLED THE PHONE # ON THE INVOICE THEY GAVE ME BEFORE I BOUGHT THEM TO SEE IF IT WAS ON THE UP AN UP AN THE PHONE WAS ANSWERED BY SOMEONE FROM AMERICAN SOUND SYSTEM. I MONROEVILLE PA. 1781 ABERSCREEK ROAD MONROEVILLE PA,15146. ITHOUGHT THEY WERE OK WHEN I CHECKED INTO THIS AN THEY DID NOT TAKE OFF, I HAVE NOT HOOKED THEM UP TO SEE HOW THEY PLAY.WHEN I CAME HOME I TYPED IN THE NAME AN FOUND THIS PAGE, I GUESS IAM NOT THE ONLY ONE.LIKE THEY SAY IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD IT PROBERLY SOMETHING FUNNY WITH THE DEAL.O WELL LIVE AN LEARN, THEY WERE A SET OF TR-501. PRICE $250.00 DATE 10/21/2003..

Anonymous
WOW! Do I have a story for you people! I'm doing some work at the home of Theater Research's owner and founder in Newport Beach, CA. No kidding, this guy is going to pay me by giving me 2 complete systems (TR-6100, 5.1 channel DVD)I've never heard of TR, but apparently these are worth $5,000 each. One for me and "one I can sell or give to a friend". I decided to research the TR-6100 system to find out a little info before agreeing upon payment. I'm sure glad I found this discussion thread! After seeing this page, I just don't know if this is going to be one hell of a deal, or if I should tell him to stick it!
His whole story is that he copies these extremely expensive speakers "for the rich" and constructs his speakers with similar accounstics and components to produce an amazing sound without the high price tag. So I can tell you that the company and owner is legitamate, because I've seen him with my own two eyes and receive the whole TR "shpeal". The system he will be giving me is one of the same systems he uses in his Newport Beach mansion. It sounds amazing! I'm posting this anonymously because I don't know where this is going to go due to all the upset people on this site... but I'll keep you posted on my experience. Hell, they have to be quality because he knows that I know where the focker lives! Be back in a couple days...

matthew church
the real site is www.trtheaterresearch.com

i got the same story bought the tr-1110 for 275 in allentown pA FROM 2 GUYS IN A WHITE FORD EXPEDITION. i thought i was alot smarter than that but i fell for it too. they sound good but i bought them with the intent to sell them for alot more. and for now im stuck with them.

I was just victimized by the infamous TR speaker salesman. He sold my friend and me TR-8000 speakers out of his grey GMC SUV for $500. They work well, except I really do not need them and nobody is interested in them. If you're interested in them, contact me and I'll make you a deal. As for the guy in the white van with Florida plates #H8O STV, you have one angry vigilante on your trail. Watch your back.

Error in the above message. The guy with Florida plates# H8O STV had a grey GMC, not a white van. Also, he has TWO angry vigilantes on his back.

Oh my god!!! Me too. Two guys in a blue truck at Toco Bell in Palm Beach Florida 30 minutes ago. I bought the TR-5210 professional home theater speakers for $340.00. They also showed me a catalog showing they cost $1999.00. Some one please E-Mail me back beacuse mine did not come with any kind of instructions and where the heck do these bracket things go. Oh do they sound good???

NOT AN I DI OT LIKE YOU FKS!!!
THIS IS TO ALL AND EVERY IDIOT WITHOUT COMMON SENSE AND ALL ANONYMOUS WRITERS: most of you morons don't even realize that most all of these people posting are the conmen themselves, The people that did get scammed MUST not have any hearing in either ear, what a bunch of DUMB FU *KS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha I just laugh and laugh keep em coming boys. What type of person buys stuff out of a van, without receipt, business card, well I will tell you it's the same idiots that post stuff like "hi i want a HT system but only have 100.00 to spend!!!! ahahaha what a friggin joke. YOu can't even get a center channel for 100.00 ( THAT SOUNDS HALF WAY DECENT) if you cannot afford it please don't get HT and go to the movies... The same idiots who LOOK STUPID, LOOK naive, gullable are the ones that get targeted!!!! I have seem em but they have never approached me, because people with COMMON SENSE KNOW BETTER. I bet all of you have I.Q's of less that 80 (which is considered by most to be a RETARD HALFWIT

Just a little tip, If I showed you a nice heavy Tv box that read 50 inch plasma screen without no features, no maufacturure's name no IDENTITY or anything, but somehow ironically it read MSRP of 5,000.000 (ironic because there is no friggin manufacturer ) and I sell it to you for 500.00 would that be a good deal??????????? NONONONO It would be a scam.
There are reasons for 30 day return policies 14 day returns, restocking fees , because BUSINESSES have strict guidelines to follow, not a bunch of PUNK BI T CHES that can only sell out of a van!!! that is the most absurd way to conduct business, and the sad thing is is that they are profiting because of your incompetence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell ya what,Music is like a religion to me.I've heard the best/carver ect.I bartered 3 hrs of my carpentry services plus $100.oo for a pair of TR-1400 towers.Once hooked up to my system, I punished them with 500 watts.They put my existing speakers to shame.My only regret is that I couldn't buy 3 more pairs.I would say I scammed the guy who sold them to me.Anyone with half a brain out there who thinks the TR-1400 towers don't measure up.I'll be more than happy to take them off you'r hands and apologize for implying you have only half a brain.Which brings me to a final point,whenI buy electronics/hi fi,I know quality when I hear it.If you have not mastered the knowledge of what a good set of speakers sound like mabey you should consult a pro.I hardly think they are worth $1999.00,However they could hold up to a set of $500.00 speakers easily.If you bought them for a few hundred dollars count your blessings because you got a hek of a deal, just do yourself a favor listen to what your buying first!!!!!!!!!!!! Any takers on unloading some towers contact me . Widowmaker@adelphia.net

president of the freaking idoits of america
Well i am the newest member to the Freaking Idiots of America. i too was fooled by a quick witted con artist with his big electronic talk. He just goes on with his speal making you feel like you would be an idiot to turn down there offer. When in reality the real idiotic move is excepting the deal fiveminutes after i got home i hooked it up to discover that one of my systems didn't work. Well to all of you that just bought them there is a 3 day return policy at least Audio Dynamics the company that made a fool of me had one so be sure to read the fine print if they gave u a reciept.

randy
Ok listen to this , i got scammed to weeks ago in massachusetts and then saw this and posted a message. Today i accually had another van come up to me and try the same thing. I almost killed the 2 fucks i was so pissed. Instead i pretended like i was interested while i wrote down there license plate while i called the police. They took off with the cops looking for them so i dont know what happened. If anyone cares the license plate was 856MCY and was from conneticut. If anyone has any connections with traking people, go get those stupid f#$@s. It was a red van.

Embarassed
I live in Mission, B.C., Canada, and was taken by the "Boys in the bright white van", actually it was a mauvish pink Dodge Sport van, so it sounds like they are all over North America.

rick payback
i am in california and i traaded a bodyboard for some speakers and they are crap, i knew it was a scam so i wrote down his plate number and i am tracking him with the police.

HI I just purchased a pair of tr 1500 for 280.00 dollers.i had the same thing happen to me two guys in a van pulled up and told me there pich.first i have been in sales for 12 years and these guys are great sales men. The speakers I purchased where great I had them sound tested and the db was 90 the sound was crisp and clear. I put them up gainst the new jbls and i couldnt tell the diffrence. the jbls go for 799.00 dollers so i no i got a good deal thnks again guys.

I got hoodwinked, bamboozled, deceived by the same scam as most honest, upright citizens on this site. I purchased the TR-5210 and two TR-3015 for $400.00 total from two scoundrels with the same overstocked warehouse story. Yes, I am P*ss*d Off for being taken by the scam. However, I sold the TR-3015 through the want ads in the local newspaper to someone for the same price of $400.00 that I had paid for everything. I feel I've came out the winner in the long run.

I was honest with the fellow I sold the speakers to, I told him how I bought the speakers from two guys in a white van at the local mall parking lot. I haven't set up the TR-5210 yet but plan to soon (now that I've found this grievance site I might try to sell them) and the guy I sold the TR-3015's to must be satisfied because it has been a month and I'm sure had something been wrong with the speakers I've probably would have heard from him by now.

Although, my story has a happy ending, for me, I still feel cheated by the con. Soooo,the morrow of the story is "If it's sounds to good to be true, IT IS !!!!
One more thing if someone manages to get a lawsuit going on this so called creditable company for fraudulent sales practices I want in, contact me.....

CHRIS
I also purchased a theater research surround sound system and hooked it up this weekend and so far I am very satisfied with it.I can't complain, I only paid $300.00 for a sytem that cost 2500.00 and sound absoloutly incredible.

I was just scammed today in Omak, WA. The guy told me he picked them up from the warehouse and the guy screwed up and gave him an extra set. He said that his boss would just end up taking them home so he wanted to make a little money off of them. He was driving a green ford expedition and said his name was Steve E Smith from Sherwood OR. Has anyone else been scammed by this guy. I ended up paying $300.00 for a pair of TR-1500.

reggie
Website www.trtheaterresearch.com

I was walking in to eat and a guy in a white van came up to me saying that the warehouse gave him four extra pairs and he as just trying to make a couple of dollars...Is this a scam..i ended up paying $400 for a pair of TR 0212

Anonymous
My friend and I just bought a tr-501 and tr-5210. 200 bucks each about one and a half hours ago at the Orem, Utah Walmart. I rushed home and checked the net. Don't know what to think. They were in a Dark colored van.

Yeah so my roommate just came home telling me he bought the TR 1110's. I was sceptical because he bought them "from a couple of guys in a green minivan with conn. plates" so we hooked them up and in all honesty they sound great. However, I looked into the company and based on what people here have posted plus what I have gotten from their site and phone number I believe these to be cheap knock-offs of expensive speakers. The "white van" marketing scheme works very well and can be used all over the country. Depending on how they do this it CAN be legal so don't go getting your pantiez in a bunch just yet. However, in most states and under most court rulings it IS a misreppresentation and is illegal. Dunno if we should go find the bastaads and grab the rest of their stuff and run of if we should just leave it at we got something for a good price... Let me know if anyone else around Maine (where we are) has had this same thing happen to them. If so, lets go huntin for em (if they really arn't a legit company, they won't go to the cops if we rob em blind right???) and hell if u got any extra speakers u wanna get rid of I'll take em off your hands, they arn't too bad. hit me up if you have the same experience: wolfnet@gwi.net

Anonymous
Now there are 2 guys in Tulsa, Oklahoma driving a red (Exployer I think) Texas plates G57 HBT
They say they are from Richland, Texas.

Anyone else in KC get duped? email me

Brett DeWolfe
I love the guy that calls himself "not an idiot like you fks" and then cuts everyone down for buying this crap! It's absolutely hilarious that he spends his time typing comments on this page to brag that he didn't get scammed. Good work buddy! Now go out get yourself a life and spend your time doing something that pertains to you. The type of person that buys this stuff is the type of person who takes chances to make $$. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I got scammed for $300. Big deal. You live you learn. How many people actually bought this sh*t w/ the intention of keeping it?? Prob not too many. Most people prob planned on turning it over for profit. Woops- bad investment oh well. at least the junk works. Oh and about that anonymous name comment, you didn't put your name in that little box either. So, Mr. Passive Aggressive, I ask you, do you have any nuts at all? Or do you just like to pretend you do? I got screwed and I have the nuts to admit it w/out shame. Here I am.

Hello All,

I just bought some TR 5210 speakers from a guy in the parking lot as well. After reading this I don't know what to do. I don't want to open them. I had orginally planned on selling them, but now I don't really want to do that either. I have noticed that several people in the message board say if they could they would buy some more. I would even do that, I really don't care, I just want to get rid of them now I should not have bought them in the first place. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Matthew

Max Payne 2 rocks
I was just going to sell them for profit myself but after reading all this I'm tempted to hook them up and see just how "bad" a deal I really got at $170 for a home theater system.

Hey,

If this company is really a fake and it sounds like it is since they even have a sight on the Net we should all team up and file a lawsuit against them and kick but. I know we would win. I have a family member who lives in Tulsa who was Oklahoma's former State Attorney General, I am sure he would help us kick some hiny.

Matthew

Anonymous
I got scam in Montreal for 300.00 can.

Anonymous
Only paid $200 US for mine. Got it in a Best Buy parking lot in Santa Clarita, CA. Haven't set them up yet and have a little trepidation about it. Have to admit though, its a F-ing brilliant sales scheme, had me fooled. If they sound great then fine, if not so be it. Either way I'm a little bit wiser.

Anonymous
VAN GUYS LOOKING FOR YOU WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! These speakers are amazing! I bought a pair of 0212 speakers for $800 and its the best purchase I have made yet. I had a pair of paradigms but they dont pound as loud as these.

CanadaDan
I bid on Ebay for a set of the TR 0212 and the TR home theater 8010. I love audio and thought what the hell I am currently winning the bids at 120 bucks Canadian for all. I figure I throw that money away in a month at McDicks anyways so whats it gonna hurt. Then I get this email from a guy warning me that its all a scam and I should withdraw my bids. Whats the deal do these suck or what?

Transaction date/time: 12:30 pm Oct. 31, 2003

Vehicle: White Ford Explorer, NY Tags

Scammees and scammers. Here is some new information for you both.

I am a NYC Detective and was approached by these jackasses running there lines of BS. It's one thing to sell something for a few hundred bucks, that may be only worth a few hundred bucks, it's another thing to sell it proporting it to be worth $2400. These clowns were running their best story on me - just like the ones printed here above. Overstock, boss wants to get rid of them cheap etc. One of the little fellas was wearing an Audio business shirt and telling me how they were in the industry and out on a sales call. The nut was even telling me he must give me a receipt so that I cannot try to return the unit to his store for a full store credit of $2499. I bought a set of TR-8000's Home Theatre System for a stinking $100 bill, took my reciept and of course hit the phone to run the plate on the yet another "White Vehicle" story. This was a white Ford Explorer - pretty damn new and clean looking. The kids were of college age and real good talkers. Plate comes back to a rental company - now here is where they are smartened up. You all realize that it puts a step between them and you if they rent a vehicle. Rental Business owner folded under the conversation of me opening a case on his customers and his company, which I will do, and volunteered the names of the renters, instead of being forced under court order, which will still happen. Hey, he was whistling like a canary. It is such a simple thing for these kids to sell these systems legally I am not sure why they pull this routine on people. Certainly some of these units may even sound good as some of you say. I don't think the little boys realize they gave me sets of prints for both of them off the box they gave me, much less know I have their home addresses and phone numbers.

So peeps, the owner of the rental place tells me that kids like this and others are in all the time renting larger vehicles to carry 'boxes' in. They generally take 1-3 day rentals. Of course by them taking a rental out, most of the time running their plates would do not good since it would end up back at the car rental place. This also puts a legal boundary between you and the seller for the simple fact that such information would have to subject to subpeona for the rental business to handover the renters info. This means that you as a buyer have to file a legal complaint with your local police department, open a case and have grounds to persue the sellers on. BUT, many of you have gotten a receipt for your sales and the appearance of legitimate business has to be sorted through by a Police Department. In addition most of the time the seller is crossing county or state lines, as in my incident, so therefore the PD in another state or county has to take the case and jurisdictions now get crossed. So if there is a crime here then it becomes a hassle for a Department to deal with it and most of the time murder, assault, drugs and grand theft take priority over low grade fraud. It's a tuff one to sort out. As of this point I have from my own research found that the sellers have violated a PA state law and did not collect sales tax from me, as well as have sold retail merchandise in a parking lot of a gas station without a business license. It's enough for me to move on it and shut them down, however it is a bs charge and they will simply pay a fine and find another way to run their scam. What is interesting to me is - the Theatre Research Site sells the system that I purchased for $1999. I wonder what these kids bought it for (or not) to sell it to me for $100.

It was an interesting power play between the both of them arguing back and forth how much the system was worth and that they shouldn't sell it to me so cheaply, ol good cop bad cop routine, I was cracking up. I actually had a good time watching them think they were taking me for my $100 ride. In addition I put them in front of the ATM machine for a cameo shot since I will grab that as well.

I think the move for all of you is to just be careful. Naturally the old cliche is always in place, if something sounds to good to be true, it is. Have common sense people. These jokers would be better of telling you buyers that they hijacked a truck and had tons of these systems to sell, at least you'all would feel like you were getting something of value.

To you sellers, why am I, a cop, posting this in public? Because I can and I have certainly had my curiousity peaked at how much you kids actually pay for these units, if your paying at all. That will be fun to find out.

TheBestSpeakersOutThere
I know that I have a great product and everybody that has bought them also knows this. If you want a pair of speakers call 561-254-7227. Shipping is definetly available.

Matthew Payne
The cops message was interesting. I went to the police department after reading this message board. They said what technically happend was not fraud at all since I paid money and got a product for my money. They said it was not right what happend, but that it could not called fraud but it could be called "fraud".

My problem is why won't anybody take this company to court. I will glady join the fight if anyone will get on board with me I know several state attorney generals and governors who would probably glady lend a hand in putting this company out of the business and those who run it behind bars.

The ###hole who left his phone number after the cops message is just that an ###hole. They should lock him up just because he has to much air in his head if indeed he is selling TR speakers.

GUS IN THE WHITE VAN
To the stupid cop that got scammed on a pair of speakers.............bottom line is you got didn't scammed!! Did you even bother to hook up these speakers before you wrote a novel on how you think you got scammed, if you would hook them up you would see how great they sound!!! people should stop bad mouthing the speakers before they even hook them up and listen to them.

Shizzy
I agree with the White Van guy, most of these people complaining about being scammed are seriously f*cking stupid. I paid $170 for a 5210 (6 pc. system) and after that paid $500 at Good Guys for a good 7-channel reciever. What does my living room have that it didn't before? A great surround sound home theater system for under $1000. I just watched Matrix Revolutions and damn the surround sound effects are intense.

I completely back these White Van guys, I don't care how they got the merchandise and as a consumer I could give less of a sh*t. All I know is I got an awesome deal and my family is happy to have such a nice audio system in the family room.

Shizzy
By the way, I live in the San Jose area in Cali, near Valley Fair. If you guys have more stuff to sell I'm interested in hooking my friends up. Email me: geopersonx@hotmail.com

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, damn... I am a JBL dealer... I was sent here to check out the "hoax" of the people selling the speakers on e-bay... TR125s are a series of speakers by JBL, I know these speakers like the back of my hand. The TR line of speakers were a great line. I don't know who in the hell is talking about TR-2800 or some crap like that but I know my sh*t when it comes to JBL speakers and I know that I was not going to get ripped off. Thanks for the concern...

Just wanted to say I bought some speakers too. I haven't hooked them up yet but they do look nice. I paid 250 for them and my friend got his for 300. There was this one guy with a New York plate. He lied to me but I don't care. If they sound good then that would be cool. I just can't believe that everyone went through the same thing I went through. This happened to me in Albemarle, NC. That man that sold me the speakers was trying to ask me out on a date. I should have said yes and kicked him in the balls for lying to me.

Message to the guys in a white fan
Let's say the speakers are great. It sounds like some are good and some are bad. If it was an honest company why don't you guys open stores all over the counrty and sell speakers between $300-500. Heck maybe even suppliers would buy them from you like Wal-Mart and you could at least make an honesty living.

Why does the company send out good speakers and bad speakers. Why are on the boxes the speakers priced at $1999 or higher when in reality they could only be worth between $300-500 at the max.

The cop is right because you are conducting an illegal business. Even if the speakers do work it is still illegal. You come up with a heck of a story to get rid of your speakers (whitch is all a lie) and you still want to say it is a good deal. Maybe you the Clintons should hand out, maybe even become bed partners with them....they definally know how to lie and get away with it.

i worked for the co. the speakers come from china on a boat. you can buy them yourself from the distributer in newport beach for $125.00/pair! if you cannot afford to drive to nb ca. then consider any price under $450.00 for a pair or a surround system a fair deal.. it's the pitch that makes you think it's a scam.. but if the guy pulled up & said he got them on consignment for 200 dollars/pair how many of you's would have bought them!!!! think about it stupid! it's a proven sales method used in this country & worldwide for over 20 years... next time see if you can get a pair for 180.00... they'll still do it & then there dropping 20$ otta there own pocket for you to own them on hopes that they'll win a stupid weekly contest!!! & for all you retards who have never bought or sold why not do us all a favor & keep your stinking opinion to yourselves... Signed former Hustler!!! :-) suckers

The guys who drive around in the trucks with the big freezer in the back selling steaks & pork chops use the exact same freaking pitch..oh & there meat sucks! Question. Are they scamming people too? why don't the cops arrest the truck with freezer guys too.... God, for being the most intelligent people in the world, reading this board makes me realize that's not saying much!!

To the stupid GUS IN THE WHITE VAN poster...

You must be a kid or a just a plain jerk. I didn't say I was scammed on a price for speakers. As it has been raised later in these posts after mine and some before, the pin heads that sell this sh*t are tasoo ignorant to realize that the fashion they are selling is illegal. Seems to me that if someone rolled up on me in the lot and said...

"Hey, I got speakers that are really pretty damn good, they are knockoffs (or compatibles) modeled after high end systems. The BS on the box is marked $2400, fact is I buy them for a few hundred and I can sell them to you cheap. They are not BOSE or JBL or Pioneer, but they crank and for the price its totally worth it. Make me and offer...oh you can pay me $300 great, I'll take it, here is my number - if you have any problems give me a ring - or if you want additional sets, whatever."

Seems to me fellas, when I go down to Canal Street in NYC and the boys are selling knock-off Rolex watches for $30 that look great and keep perfect time, pleeeeenty of people are buying them and know full well that they are not REAL.

You jackasses scamming with your sales story earns you nothing but disrespect. You could actually be doing 10x more business by telling the truth. Someone trained you wrong, and your too immature to realize it.

I bought a tr-6100 home theater system from one of these guys and got it home and hooked it up and I am not happy the center does not work if you guys are legit then tell me how I can get this fixed. the waranty card says I have to have a invoice wich I do not have to get products warantied I am not feeling very comfortable sending off a piece of what I just got basicaly scammed for I may never see it again. I bought this in wal-mart home depot parking lot in show low arizona on 10-30-03 I have license plate number and will seek help from the law if not properly resolved. If I can get fixed then I will be happy I'm sure.

Bailey,

If I were you I would not rely on a message board to get you in contact with the sellers. As in my earlier post there is a good chance that you were dealing with a seller in a rented vehicle. You should consider just file a police report to the local PD that the incident took place in.

Anonymous
I got 5 pcs of Sppeakers named TR-5210 from 2 guys in Black 4Runner V8 in ST-LEONARD! I don't know if they're so good as people metioned. I have to buy a new receiver to test them. Looking at the price, I got them for a very cheap price 280.00 CAD$. Is that a good price. I think so. But after reading the notes on this web site, I think that I should have kept my fist price of 180.00 CAD$.

Eat Sh1t
Haha, My brother just came home with a TR 5210, he said he has "hook ups" with his friends that work at companys.
Anyway, he got them for $170 and on the box it says 1999 each, which made me really excited because I love movies like The Water Boy, and The Matrix, and I would love to bring the theater sound back to my house.
I'm 15 years old so I don't care about how he got it, just as long as my movies ROCK!

I never heard of TR so I searched for them on google just to see what people think about them, and from what I hear, there the bomb digity!

Dear Mr. Eat Sh1T,

You mst be kidding with that post. Who gives a hoot what a box says. That is called 'printing'. You can make a box say whatever you want. Fact is that those speakers cost less thatn $100 landed in this country, you must be one of the lunatic sellers promoting your crap.

Johnny D
Any Theater Research owners: you must press the "effect" button on the remote to engage the surround circuit. Otherwise, the system is in bypass mode which is appropriate for listening to CD's or any "stereo" or 2-channel music. DVD's are mixed in 5.1 surround sound (or 5 channel) and will sound appropriate with the "effect" button engaged

Johnny

READ THIS
Ok here is the deal.
1) All guys who say these speakers blow my apt complex/bose/sony away r saying it 2 make themselves feel better even tho they got scammed.
2) No matter what u say the fuckking guys in white van r scammers and have no right to sell stuff using the approach they use. fuckk u white van guys!!
3) After all this I must admit that the speakers r indeed good. I invited my friends over, didnt tell them i was scammed and they were thoroughly impressed. Thats when I started feeling good bout being scammed, coz the speakers r very good.

But I still say FUUUCCKKK thos white van guys. Didnt ur parents teach u any morals. ur parents suckkk !!! and I shud say fuckkkk ur parents!

Anonymous
Hey "Read This"
YOU GOT SCAMMED!!!!!! your just pissed you are not making money like the guys in the white van. Go speaker sales men!!!!!!! Your speakers rock. Hey f*** your parents too. ASSH***

Anonymous
To the NYC Cop:
DOn;t you have anything better to do, then worry about some guys selling speakers?? Aren't there like drug dealers and rapist and killers out there!! Yes I think so!! stop wasting your time on some speaker guys!! Get a life!!!

br0nxzu
White Van, Suround Speakers..... 220$ .. scamed or not, I just hope they work. Will get back to u guys. I'm ready to go out and look for this van. I don't think that guy was so stupid to drive his own car, so cops won't help me too much. Man... I have to say: "It's the best scam i've seen so far." Yes, i'm stupid, I just hope those speakers work better then my headphones.....

pissed
does anyone know if these people will stand behind there waranty I got a tr-6100 hundred system but I can't seem to get the center to work maybe I am doing something wrong.

hizza
bronxzu, why are you writing on the chat board. go hook your sh** up and shut up. they work better than anything out there. yoiu wont be looking for the guys in the van, you'll be jammin' out in your living room like a rock star.

NYC COP FU YOU
i'm with whoever wrote to Nyc cop. why don't you go out and bust some drug dealers or something. you obviosly don't have any kind of life other than to sit here and waste your time preaching about how your gonna find these guys. i got news for you! you can't find us all. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i have a friend who just got the same story same speakers also, he payed 300 for 2. you all say to go to the cops yaddi yadda, but have any of you done so? if you have what did they say? what did they do? if anything they can get them for selling without a bus. lic. i dont understand how anyone would buy anytihng out of a back of a van on the side of the road?!?!?!?! how retarded. let me know if anyone has done anything about this. thanks

Anonymous
Straight from www.trtheaterresearch.com!!!!

Our engineers are working on new products, so always come back, and look at the exciting products you can add to your system.
If you need help send an email to us

sales@trtheaterresearch.com

You can also call us!
Monday - Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Direct: (949) 355-6008
Address: 3419 Via Lido, Suite 249
Newport Beach, CA 92663

To you Jerk-Off's having the balls to tell me my business. Not that I have to explain an open case to you or my business...

I could give a sh!t about speakers.

The pric*ks that pulled over to pitch me the speakers were high as in stoned, and got into a car accident in a parking lot earlier, someone had a minor injury but did go to the hospital. There was a child involved, yhey left the scene, naturally, but were arrested shortly after a positive identification from me and my assitant at the rental company where they got their car.

You see, I just don't like it much when a car accident happens with a child, and some stoned as&hole leaves the scene because he is worried about the pot and the speakers in the back of his rented SUV.

AND, FINDING YOU IS EASY, I can reverse your IP in front of me in a hearbeat, just give me a crime and a reason, I don't do well with wise as$es such as yourself.

And I have nothing else to do? Ever try getting a life yourself, or a salary perhaps? Is earning a legit living too much for your narrow mind?

Got hit up by the "White Van Guys" in San Diego yesterday. Same BS story about boss wanting to get rid of overshipment of speakers. They looked really sharp and appeared to be high end, I paid $400 for 2 TR-1100's. Really I don't know why these guys have to push these units through such a bogus story.
Anyway, I have a keen ear for quality sounding speakers. I hooked them up to a friend's system which has Bose and Energy speakers. So far the TR speakers appear unable to generate nearly the power, nor the clarity of those other expensive brands. I would recommend sending the White van guys on their way ......:)

Hi I got my first set of tr's out of a van! They sounded so good I recontacted the guy i bought them from.. He was real cool! I've since started selling him my good's (meth,coke,weed, somtimes even a computer, or false identity) he in return gives me money & sometimes more tr speakers.. I even got him to help me move once.. So for all you haters I say speakermen make the world go round! least my world anyways! peace out! Oh and watch for my chopped red porsche! diggity dank ...

White Van
OK this is to all of you guys that are bashing us for selling you speakers at a killer deal. If you think its such a scam go on the web site and buy em from TR for $4000. Then if you still feel u guys got ripped off take the receipt that you guys all should have got with your 1 year warranty and return em. Hell I've been with these guys for several years and am very happy w/ the stuff we sell, i even got a pair of the 2810s at my own house. If this sh!t didn't work or was stolen THEN its a scam, but don't b bashin cause you paid $800 when you could have talked us down to $200, hell we can't help it if u wana give us your money.

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH
The Truth is TR speakers are worth every penny the speakermen pay for them!!!! You the consumer on the otherhand... Well do you know the expression: "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute" it's really true is'nt it!! SCHWAGG!

wussy
whitevan maybe i know you! Anything posted after 7:25pm today sound familiar to you???

How you like me NOW!
Damn i just bought a pair of tr 1410's.. They sound SICK! I'm moving my bose system into the bathroom closet! what a gimmick these bose jerks have with there direct reflecting system! I've never heard anything this explosive in my whole entire life! I was just watching private ryan & had to duck a couple times because i heard the bullets whizzing by my ears! I got a great deal the guy said he'd gimme two for the price on one box.. what a sucker i really hustled him! anyway thanks again to all you guys in the white vans :)

White Van
Oh and BTW those that say your sound like sh!t. These speakers are high end speakers and need an amp to get the full sound out of em, and ya there bi-wireable, alum subs, kevlar (same stuff used to make bullet proof vests) mids, and silk tweeters, if u can get that kinda quality at a store for that price, come back to me and tell me you were scammed.

cmon man! white van
silk tweakers,kevlar? are you serious? there's none of that stuff on tr's! those are things you guys say to make people think they are fancy. but in fact they have state of the art components with excessively large magnets! thats why that lil junk bose sells can not compete!

I recently had the same happen to me. White Van. 2 guys extra stuff. Sounded like a great deal. So i ended up buy a surround sound system TR-6100 for 350. I got home hooked it up and it all is what the guy said it is. Sounds good works good. I have 0 complaints. Well i do have 1 why didnt i buy more stuff off him. To all the people who dont like it oh well looks like your out of your money.

tr...the ripoff
i just got scammed, too. I was at the bank in San Jose, and some guy drove up and asked me if i wanted to buy a home entertainment system because he had 2 extra ones that his boss didn't know about. He showed me the list price, and i said i only could come up with 200. So I pulled out the money, but i wanted the one with the dvd player, so the price went up to 300. I gave him the money, he wrote his number on the box, and told me to call if there were any problems. I went home and hooked everything up, but the center and surround channels weren't working. So, I called the phone number, and it ended up being an invalid number. I've been f*c*e*. How do i get the center and surround channels to work. Not only that, my mom's pissed that I bought the system from some guy's trunk. It won't be as bad as it is if i get the system to work right. So, if anyone can help. Please do so,...i'll greatly appreciate. Thanks

tr...the ripoff
the system is tr6100

I got scammed today as well. I should have continued to walk away, but didn't. He pulled right behind me in a gas station off of Mowery Blvd, in Newark CA. He gave me the same story about having extra inventory and not wanting to bring it back to his boss. After I bought it for $300, I went back to work and checked up on Theater Research. I found all these forums, mentioning 'SCAM'. I felt shity the whole day. When I got home, I tried the speaker, it sounds good. I guess the amplifier made it sound good. The product that I bought was a Theater Research TR-6000 model.

That FU@KER was driving a champagne 4-Runner, with license plates 4MNG301. If anyone out there can do anything with the plates...please do! Give me his address and I will do harm to him..and his associates and his family!

well it would appear that the general consensus on the entrepeneurs selling audio equipment out of their vehicles is animocity. i have purchased the surround sound system TR-5210 for $200 knowing full well that the speakers werent worth the printed $1999 in their cheezy catalogue. I just wanted to buy some speakers to play video games with on my computer. But if I find that the speakers are no good when I plug them in, I will make his life a living hell and track him and his associate down with killer instinct. I will cut a kittens head off and stick it in his mothers mailbox. Then I will beat him into oblivion and feed him his own a$shole. He will never walk again and I will leave him on the side of the road in a puddy of his own blood and $hit.

Lets hope that it works. And to all of you who payed over $200 for your stuff, just have the common sense next time to know that two chumps in a crappy red tation wagon arent going to be driving around with $10,000 worth of anything, let alone speakers.

Walter
I bought two tower speakers TR 2810 for $220 from guys in a white chevy van in scituate R.I. Have not tried yet will return when I know You take chances every day you get out of bed let this be a good one.................

THE END
here is a little insight to everyone out there. you ask why people get lied to and why the price changes. it's the same as buying a car (A LEGIT BUSINESS) you go to the dealer and he will bullshit you to in order for you to buy his car at full price but the the price is negotionable. everybody that over paid for their speakers probably over paid for their car. the reason you are getting these speakers at such a great deal is because selling them out of a van there is no overhead, no boss, no rent, if we opened a store and had to pay employees to sell our stuff and insurance so not to get robbed we would have to sell you the speakers at full price and them nobody would make out. so stop trying to bash something that works so well for so many people. and to all you who have problems hooking you stuff you sales@trtheaterreseach.com will help you. it' NOT A SCAM

IT IS A SCAM
It is a scam. This is why. You drive are driving, a white van pulls up behind you generally either in a mall parking lot or a bank parking lot. A guy gives you a bunch of crap about how he got overstocked and his boss will fire him if he comes back with the "extra" speakers. He goes on to tell you how great of a deal you make you to help him get rid of the speakers. He even thanks you for buying the speakers after you buy them because you "just saved his job."

You come home and find this chat room. You find out you have been lied too. That is the trademark of the scam.

Wheather the speakers work or not is then not a factor. Even if the speakers do work you still feel you have been scammed.

You say it is not a scam. If it is really not a scam then why conduct business in the way in whitch you conduct it. Why not set up a shops all over the country. If people are willing to pay $250 for the speakers then put that price on the box not $1999.

In your little, very little and very small mind it might appear that you would make more money doing business the way you are doing it, but in reality you would make ALOTS more doing in a more honest fashion.

Another factor to consider. What if people decided they don't want the speakers or they didn't work. They could just take the speakers back down to where they bought them and either get a pair of speakers that do work or get there money back.

According to the BBB you won't even take speakers back and give custmors back there money. That is illegal and thus making it a scam.
http://www.labbb.org/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/C%3A/Inetpub/wwwroot/SouthlandReport/default.htm?hCompID=13144954&hAKAID=3&hAddrID=3

If you really think the way in whitch you conduct business is not a scam then how would like it if someone lied to you to get rid of there speakers? What if someone sold you speakers for $200-300 and the price on the box was $1999. How would you like it if you discovered this chat room and finding out that you were lied too. Should'nt we treat others as we would like to be treated?

I have proved my case. It is a scam.

BBB Report
This Report was developed from various sources, including the business, governmental agencies, and the experience of the company's customers.

For further information contact the Better Business Bureau of the Southland
315 N. La Cadena, Colton, CA, 92324
(909) 825-7280

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theater Research
5451 Commercial Drive
Huntington Beach CA 92649

Business Started: 01/01/00
File Open Date: 12/13/00
Last Report Date: 08/18/03
Principal Contact: Glenn Smith

Phone: (714) 894-5888
Fax: (714) 978-0217
Email: doggdigital@aol.com
Web Address: http://www.doggdigitalaudio.com

Bureau ID: 13144954

Nature of Business
This company's business is the manufacture and sales of audio speakers.

Bureau File Experience

We rate this company as having an unsatisfactory business performance record because of a pattern of serious complaints and their failure to respond to some complaints.

Customers allege that they purchased what were represented as high quality speakers at a steep discount from company representatives in parking lots. The sellers are described as very friendly and extremely agressive. After testing the speakers, complainants state that the quality of these products is extremely poor and all customers sought refunds.

The company responded to most complaints by denying requests for refunds, stating that the customers would have to seek refunds from the people they purchased the products from, not Dogg Digital. They also state that the speakers come with a warranty and that they are willing to honor the warranty. They did not address allegations of inferior quality of the products or why they permit their products to be sold in this fashion.

The Better Business Bureau does not endorse, recommend or disapprove of any company, product or service.

Additional Phone Numbers
(714) 771 - 4033 (714) 978 - 0211 (714) 813 - 4530

Additional Trade names
Dogg Digital, Inc.
Theater Research

Additional Addresses
3419 Via Lido, #249
Newport Beach, CA 92663

2120 East Howell Avenue Suite 601
Anaheim, CA 92806

Workin Too Hard
Didn't your momma ever tell you, "If if sounds too good to be true, than it is!" And when you are approached by someone in a "white van" or any other color van or truck for that matter, fork out hundreds of $$$$$ for a product you have no idea about the manufacturer, where it came from, not a clue what it sounds like, and no guarantee about the warranty and customer service, well, to those of you who are happy - GOOD FOR YOU, because your probably in the minority. And to those of you BOZOS who feel ripped off, you only have ONE person to blame, so go to your bathroom mirror and take one long look at yourself and consider it a life lesson! And remember that lesson the next time a stranger wants your hard-earned money out of your wallet. As for me, I have been looking at a T6100 Home Theater System for auction on E-Bay (they say it retails for $2499.00). I am so glad I decided to do my homework and find out more about the system, because now, after reading this message board there is absolutely NO FRICKEN WAY I would place a bid on it. I'll stick with JBL or a reputable manufacturer who backs its products. I work too damn hard for my money......

its not a scam
You haven't proved anything except that you are a loser. Loser

its not a scam
You haven't proved anything except that you are a loser. Loser

White Van
OK to the retard that's "proved" its a scam. The only reason that we are able to sell this stuff at such a low price is because of the way we do it. Your getting all pissy over it cause you were probably one of those people that paid $1000 for the speakers and gave me my weeks worth pay and then found out everyone ells is paying $200. You paid for those speakers what they were worth to you simple is that. We got plenty of satisfied customers and were not doing anything illegal here witch is why we've been in business for so many years, so if u don't like them, don't buy them, but don't knock on something you know nothing about.

What i really want to know is, how all these people happen to have that kind of cash on them at the same time the white vaners roll up to them. Hell i'm lucky if i have $4.18 on me at any given time.

On a side note to the White Van folks I NEED A JOB! hook me up, I'll sell your wares! email me!

Ihatespem@hotmail.com

Seriously, I need money! I'm a great sells person!

To the Guys in the White Van
First of all the only loosers are those who sell speakers. Second of all I did not pay $1000 for speakers, I paid closer to $200, but $200 is still $200 for bunch of junk. Thirdly if you call a thousand dollars good for a week, whitch would come close to $500 for each person in the van then you are making shi* and need to find a real job that pays real money.

Thirdly to say you have been in business many years is joke. According to the BBB site you have only been in business since 2000. I hardly call 3 yrs many years.

To say you have plently of satisified custmors is also a joke. hmmm who should I believe the BBB site or you :)

Your whole entire business is based upon a lie. Be it how they are sold. The price on the box. EVERYTHING IS A LIE.

So why should I believe a single word you say?

Cameron Guy
I'm from oklahoma and I bought a pair of those speakers from a couple of dudes in a white van about 3 years ago.
I have them hooked up to a Technics sa-ax540 stereo reciever which is rated at 500 watts. They sound simply amazing. True, they do distort slightly when turned up past 3/4 of the way... but for the 150 that I payed for them... It was a hell of a deal. I thought that these speakers were of an "American Audio" brand though.. and the van I bought them out of had oklahoma plates on it, and on the side of the van, there was a logo for some shitty stereo/electronics store in tulsa.

Has anyone tried to hook up the TR-501 system to the TV? It sounds pretty nice when hooked up to the DVD player, but static is present when it is hooked up to the TV. Any thoughts....I am using a plain RCA cable, and I tried to hook it up as well to the digital cable box.

By the way, if anyone who is happy with their product would like another, I am willing to part. Shoot me an email.

are the TR-1100 any good...i mean i know their not worth 2000 or however much it says but how do u hook them up? i just bought it off of two guys in a red van, got their license plate number and everything, so i ended up paying 500 for them, for those who like them i'll sell them to you if u want

Anonymous
I have been trying to get a hold of these a**holes for 3 weeks now and no response. But finally I e-mailed them saying I wanted to buy some of there product and surprise surprise surprise I recieved an e-mail from them. Once they heard that someone was willing to send them $3,000 they jumped right on it. you may send all questions and e-mails and letters to
SHAWN M. MOCK
shawn@trtheaterresearch.com (e-mail address)
5451 Commercial Dr.
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(714)894-5888 ext. 203

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!

Consumer
I just bought TR-8010 and TR-1110 for what I think is a good price, so I figured I would only need tr-8010, so tr-1110 is for sale. Anybody wants to have them for $250 so that way you don't have to look for the van.
E-mail me: tvv96@mail.ru

Renton, Washington
It is unfortunate that they have to sell the speakers in this way. I was hurting financially, but figured for $200 for some $2500 speakers was too good to pass up. But as they say, if it is too good to be true then it probably is, in reality we can blame ourselves and our judgement. My concious told me that buying out of a van probably wasn't a good idea. However, I have not hooked up the speakers yet, they may very well may be decent quality, I would assume on shear size and wattage that they are worth $200. I looked up the company on the BBB site which indicated their sales tactics and gave a detailed report. I will say this much, if you payed more than $300 chances are you got ripped, if you payed less than that then you probably just bought some decent speakers. As far as revenge, they are just trying to make money like everyone else. Although, I will be reluctent to buy things out of a van in the future. They aren't doing anything illegal, their is no paper work and lieing is not illegal.

Len from Jersey
ATTN GUYS IN WHITE VAN FROM NEW JERSEY!

I bought speakers from you and I'm very happy with them for the price I paid. My friend wanted a pair for himself aswell.

You have my cell phone number. We met at a Wendys parking lot in Manalapan, NJ. Please contact me so I can get another set off you guys.

Thanks

log man
got a set of TR-5140's, has any one got them and how do they sound??? I paid 175.00 for them...

hello im from so. california same thing happened to me a guy in a grey suv with the logo (theater research)on the doors told me he was on his way to instal a system on a boat somewhere and had to get rid of the system. the guy showed me the catalog and the box with the price 1999.00. i wasent sure if it was a scam but atleast i only paid 200 for the TR-5210 home theater system hooked it up and they sound preaty sharp better than the one's that came with my dvd but i still think my inner business man could have paid less, maybe, 160. i think we can call it even and i can alway sell them and make some money. i also think they should be more honest and not make up storys. i wont be buying from vans anymore either.

mister mike
i just bought a pair of tr1500 for 250.00 dollers i am in the audio buiss for 9 years. i took the speakers to my store and had them tested. the price range of these speakers would be around 399-599- a speaker.the crossovers where of a higher quality and the drivers were 53 ounce mags.i called my manufactur and he told me that he would charge me 180.00 for a pair of them and i would have to purchase 5000.i would have to buy 10000 of them to get them to 140.00.not bad speakers 400 500 doller speakers in the store.most companys mark up there product 6 to 10 times the price. you think bose costs 2500 to make noway they cost about the same as these and then they mark it up and up .

Consumer
It seems like widowmaker ia one of the seller too. Why do I think so? He sent me an e-mail with request to purchase tr-1110 from me I did send info to him back, but he is never get back to me. I did not have a chance to listen my tr-8010 yet and consequently no complain there and also I have bought tr-1110 for a gift, but have no need for it now. So who wants to buy be my guest.
tr-1110 for $220 and my e-mail: tvv96@mail.ru
Also e-mail for support sales@trtheaterreseach.com -DOES NOT WORK. RETURN AN ERROR.

yo len those same guys in the white van came to me while i was at work yestersday thursday the 13th... thruthfully these speakers are SH**.. the idiot gave me 2 lefts insted of a left and a right... and one of them is blown.. i spent $200 and i expected better.. i have reported the 2 guys to the cherry hill police.. i have on my store cameras their plate # and faces... i DONT like to be jerked around on CRAP speakers at least they could sell me somthing a little better.. these TR-1100 kinda suck

Anonymous
http://www.scamshield.com/

I just relized... after reading some of these posts these 2 guys in a whit van get around ..lol.. i got bored a lil bit ago so i just ran one of these speakers over with my truck... THATS HOW MUCH THEY SUCKED.. ( i smushed the blown one).. Yo A*SWIPE SELL ME A RIGHT SPEAKER

White Van
Hey TJ, maybe you should realize that your a tard and could have just returned it instead of running it over with a truck, and to those that keep calling the cops THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT US. Your all just jealous that were taking your had earned money and then get pissed off cause your "overpaying" for speakers. Get a life or just keep giving us your money haha

Anonymous
Hey Retard in the White Van he could not have returned it. The company won't take the speakers back. Remember the BBB report. I tried to return the speakers and got no response from the company. I do wish TJ could have run you over with his truck though, that would have been so much more exciting.

You fellows have been brainwashed by the company you sell the speakers for. You would make sooooo much more money if you did it honesty and if the company actully was legit.

Clint
Hey Guys,

I keep hearing a lot of good and bad about these speakers. I have been thinking about picking a pair of TR-5210 up on eBay. I am fully aware that they aren't worth $2000. My question is for people that own them, are they worth a couple hundred dollars?

And for the pepole that say they sound like crap, do you have them hooked up to a GOOD powered reciever and with Monster Cable, not that cheap crap that everyone throws in the box? Because without a good reciever and cables, any speaker will sound like crap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us