Over the weekend the speaker wires (the speaker fell off) touched and the receiver short circuited. Receiver could be powered on but no sound. i opened it up and found a fuse was blown (very close to the impedance switch at the back). Replaced it but it continues to blow.
is seems that that output transistor(s) or IC amp has probably shorted too.
anyone have a wiring diagram handy just to trace the connections.
I had the same problem with my Sony STR-DE935. No sound. I paid a stereo repair shop $160 to have the fuses replaced. Since I thought it might have been something I did during installation I hired a professional sound person to install the repaired receiver and it happened again. The professional thinks it's problem with the Sony receiver.