Onkyo hts-570

Username: Andrewsando

Post Number: 1
has anyone ever had this system or heard of it. I know onkyo is top of the line but do you think this low end system will be good. It is pretty cheap for an onkyo product

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Onkyo-Home-Theater-System--HTS-570-/sem/rpsm/oid/ 105663/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Post Number: 2
oh yea i forgot to say that 300 is my price range. I know the 770 is supposed to be awsome but i cannot afford it right now. I was just wondering if the 570 would be the best pick out of brands like panasonic, sony, samsung, sharp etc

Bronze Member
Username: Daddyrabbit

Post Number: 44
IMHO if you can swing the extra $90 to $100 (or find a deal) the HT-S760 is pretty close to the 770. The 760 will give you a good rcvr that is easily expandable later with upgraded speakers and a better DVD without scrapping your whole initial investment.

Also IMHO for the price Onkyo makes the best HTIB hands down.

A good idea however is to listen before you buy if possible.

chuck platt
Unregistered guest
I just bought it yesterday. So far I like it. It has an AM/FM tuner built in. It was this for the price (285 at circuit city) or the Yamaha one for $299 at BestBuy (-10% discount/sale)

Post Number: 3
yea i bought the system a few days ago also. I still have to pick it up from circuitcity so i havent got a chance to hear it. Im only putting this system in a 12 by 12 room so im hoping it will be perfect. Maybe i will upgrade the subwoofer sometime to 200 watts. Hkow does the bass sound on yours?

Resp K.
Unregistered guest
I bought one this week along with a new DVD player. So far so good. I first set it up with the included speaker wire. I then replaced it with some 16 gauge wire and there is a noticeable difference. I don't have it completely set up yet, but it sounds pretty good. This weekend will be the test. One thing I did notice is that the receiver gets pretty hot. I am going to keep an eye on it but it surprised me how hot it was to the touch.

Post Number: 4
maybe its getting hot becasue of that small wire. Have you felt it after the wire upgrade?

Username: Pat

San Rafael, CA U.S.

Post Number: 1
I bought an Onkyo HTS-570 this weekend and picked it up Wednesday. Returned it Thursday. It's better than the sound the TV provides, but that's about it. We just bought a new 50" TV and wanted surround sound to go with it. We had been using a 22 year old Sony receiver, one large 25 year old speaker and two smaller speakers we picked up at a garage sale. I figured that with all the advances in electronics over the last 20 years, the HTS-570 was bound to give us better sound. Not! Compared to what we had, the Onkyo was mushy, tinny, lacked power, didn't have the fullness of our current system and the surround sound feature didn't make up for it. We decided that the only feature we were missing from our current set up was a subwoofer and remote control capacity on the receiver. So, we're looking for a decent subwoofer and putting up with the lack of a remote until we find a receiver better then ours at a reasonable price. If you can't go higher than $300 consider getting a refurbished receiver (We bought our Sony refurbished in 1982.)and some used speakers, you might be happier.

Post Number: 5
no way in heck this isnt a good system. I picked it up on friday and man. The only thing wrong with this system is i have to wait for my parents to leave to watch a movie. The sq is crisp and woofer has very little to no distortion. I have a medium size house and with the woofers gain half up it shakes thechina cabinet downstairs. I have absolutely no complaints about this system. If you have the money go with the 770 but if your funds are lower like mine you cannot go wrong with the 570. I got it for 285 at circuit city and it is awsome.

Anonymous

It sounds great. I picked one up this weekend at Circuit City ($290) This system sounds great for the price. Lots of low end and good surround. I had a Kenwood HTIB prior and this is much nicer. Besides anyone who is buying 50" televisions shouldn't be looking at a $300 HTIB system anyway. Spend a couple grand Pat and do it right. The sound is great for the $299 price.

Anonymous

When someone is so far out in left field, like Pat Long, I am bound to think they have the speakers out of polarity or worse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us