Samsung HTDS100

Username: Dannyman

Post Number: 1
I am very interested in buying this sytem. It is the Samsung 255W HTDS100. Best buy has it for $200 right now which doesn't seem too bad. Does anyone own this or know where I can get a review? Thanks! Upload

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1401
If that is your budget, then it should be adequate. You should realize that this is a $200 system and unless you've been listening to systems of higher caliber then you are not missing anything.

Post Number: 2
It will be a home theatre system for my room. That's why I'm going with the less powerful system. I was expecting to spend no more than $200.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1406
Then it should be perfect. You don't want anything too fancy in there. You wouldn't want to get out..., not necessarily a bad thing.

Post Number: 3
What do you mean, get out?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1407
I mean you would not want to leave the room:-)
Anyway, have you actually listened to this thing?

Post Number: 4
haha. Yeah, I want to stay in the room
No, I'm going to go down to Best Buy to see if they have it on display. I also have Sears, Circuit City, and Fry's that all have it in stock. One of them is bound to have it on display. If not, I'll save my receipt! :-)

You think anyone here owns it or is this too small for the audiophiles on the board?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1408
I don't think that it is too small at all. However, not a lot of folks really care too much about other people's opinion on these things. It is not a big ticket item and not too big of an investment. For them, all they care about is that it is cheap and they can get it home today.

Most of the questions asked are for major purchases, because it costs a lot of money so you really want to do your research. People want to make sure that the money they are about to spend is worth what they are getting. I own small units myself for the guest room, the playroom, the kids, etc. I look for adequate units and not really caring for fidelity and such, all I know is that it is cheap and it wouldn't compete with the other toys in my home theater.
Anyway if you do purchase, it you can contribute to this board by telling us your opinion about your purchase. You can either recommend it, or not, to other people looking for a $200 bedroom system!
By the way, that is one of the questions around here, too! "What is the best home theater system for $____?" Different budgets for different folks.

cheers

Post Number: 5
I'll definitely post what I think about it. I was stuck between this mode and a Sony model which goes for the same price. I went with this one since it comes with a DVD player and I think it looks better than the Sony. I have to find the time to go and look for it. Maybe next week...

Great board by the way!

Anonymous

So Daniel, did you buy it? And if so where's your review ;)

I'm looking at the same item, it's 100 pounds here in the uk, bit of a bargin, cheap and cheerful? Let us know if you got it!

Cheers,

Neil.

HTIB Help Danny
Unregistered guest
It's me Daniel. I got your private message. I haven't been able to log on though.

I ended up going with the Panasonic SC-HT05. I did try out the model in the store though. I also tried the Sony HT-DDW660 $200 model. I didn't go with the Samsung because I really think the Panasonic looks better.

The Samsung did sound great at the store though! I would say go for it. It sounded great, the volume knob didn't feel cheapy. It was a good sturdy knob and it does look rather nice.

Panasonic:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Panasonic-Home-Theater-System--SC-HT05-/sem/rpsm/ oid/91691/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

-Daniel
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us