Onkyo ht-s670 connectivity question

Username: Tuffy05

Post Number: 1
Hi,
Thanks to all who post on this site. It's been a great resource for me. My quick question is how many component inputs and outputs the s670 has. The onkyo website, and all the vendor website I have checked do not have this information.

I'm seriously considering between the s760, the s770, and the s670. I love the 7 series, but the room I am planning to use the system really isn't big enough to accomodate 6.1 speakers. However, having the extra component input (760 and 770) would really help reduce wire clutter, plus, my otherwise beautiful tv only has one component input. Prices for all the systems seem great, so that isn't really a huge concern.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I know that the onkyo HTIBs have been talked about ad nauseum on this board, so thanks in advance!

Mark242
Unregistered guest
Quick answer: none. It only has s-video inputs. I think you have to get the 6.1 version to get component.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1617
You don't really need a component video input on the receiver. You can just go directly from the DVD player on to the TV.

Username: 1st61

Post Number: 4
How big is the difference between a composit connection and a component connection?
I have a SONY wega TV and Pioneer DVD-V555 player which has only S-video and composite video. I did not see any difference between the composition video (come in the box) and a monster Video3 cable. No chance to try component video connection.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1620
BIG difference. It's like watching a VCR and then watching DVD.

Post Number: 5
Really, my DVD-V555 works very fine and I don't want to buy a new dvd player now. I will wait to buy a HD-DVD player. What do you think?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1629
you can do that too, you can also use s-video to connect to the TV.

Post Number: 9
My comparison was done between the Monster S video cable and the composite cable in the box and I did not see the difference with my nakedeyes. Unfortuanately my DVD player was 4 year old and does not have a component connection. The TV is a good one so I will not upgrade the TV and the DVD in short future.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1634
There you go. That settles that, doesn't it? More money in your pocket:-)
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us