Onkyo HTS755DVC vs. Onkyo HT-S655DVC,

Jim
I am interested in purchasing a home theatre and the choice is between Onkyo HTS755DVC vs. Onkyo HT-S655DVC. I have not read any reviews on the
HTS755DVC which I can only find on 2 web sites.
Has anyone seen any reviews on this 6.1 system and
is the HTS755DVC worth the extra $200 over the HT-S655DVC?

the ht-s655dvc was released this month.i to,am trying to find out more so when i find out anything more i would get it to you but for now this is all i have,hope it helps
HT-S755DVC (MSRP $1000)

Receiver - TX-SR600 - 80 W/CH X 6 ( 8 Ohms)
DVD - DV-CP500 - 5 Disc Carousel DVD/CD (Progressive Scan)
6 Speaker Package
150 W Powered Subwoofer
DTS-ES
Dolby Digital EX
HDTV Component Video Switching
A/B/A + B Speaker Switching
13 DSP Sound Modes

I just bought the HTS755DVC from onecall.com for $849. It was advertised as $999, but I did a phone order rather than online and the guy cut me a deal. It comes today, so I can';t answer your specific question, just wantes to let you know the price. Onecall is based out of Spokane, Wa.

Jim
Alex Black, Did the $849 include shipping? I see on the Onecall.com Web Site the shipping is $122.22.

Bruno V
$950 delivered from Soundcity.com (email sales, tell them the Onkyo list price is $1,000 and not $1,100 as they claim on their website, and they'll cut you a little bit of a deal), the price on their website is $999, free shipping.

Anonymous
GO TO CNET.COM FOR INFO ON ONYKO HT-S755DVC REVIEW. ACCORDING TO THEM, IT IS THE BEST DEAL FOR THE MONEY. ONLY TIME AND USE OF COMPONENTS WILL TELL!!!!

Anonymous
Anyone with more information on the value of the 655 vs. 755? Do you own one and have an opinion?

Also, are the speakers the same for these two packages? Seems like the main diffence is the 6.1 and a slightly better receiver. Thoughts?

Thinking about buying soon. Anyone believe the 755 is going to drop in price anywhere?

CMCal
I just bought the 755 from SoundCity.com last week for $849 including shipping. Ask for Glenn he was a great help, everything came in about 2 days and the system sounds amazing! The speakers are the same as the 655 except that the 755 has an extra rear center speaker for the added 6.1 channel 360 degree minefield sound. I have researched these two (the 655 v. 755) for about a month and decided to spend the extra $100 (don't forget you'd have to get a DVD separately if you get the 655) for the 755 and am glad I did. By the way, I just saw the recent Circuit City ad which has the 655 with the same DVD that comes with the 755 for $849! So, why not get the 755 with the extra rear surround speaker and the 6.1 sound, IMO.

Steve
I just called Soundcity.com. They will honor that price but they are out of them. They will not have a delivery date until after the first of the year. I've called a few other places but no one will match that price with free shipping. If anyone knows of another dealer, let me know.

Anonymous
You may want to check out this review on systems in a box from MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.com/news/851172.asp?0si=-&cp1=1#BODY

Anonymous
is this really a known issue?

http://electronics.cnet.com/electronics/0-9400734-1318-20406466.html?pn=1&lb=2&ob=0&tag=st.ce.9400734.top.20406466-3

I just ordered mine from SoundCity 800-888-5343 I spoke with RichG ext 709, he gave a price of $879 shipped via a freight company (they handle the product much better than ups)he also told me they have it in stock right now. I cant wait to follow up with a review of the performance of this system.

Paul B
Tyler: What do you think of this system? Is it worth my $900?

Anonymous
I just bought this system at abt, It is on back order 7-14 days but I believe I got a good deal. I paid $894.00 with tax, shipping and a 4 year warranty. I would recommend calling or if possible going to the store in person. The Internet price is stil cheap but by speaking to a salesman I think one can get a better price.

Anonymous
I just bought the 755dvc from SoundCity.com for $869 (shipping included). Said the backorder is 2 to 3 weeks. Seems they are pretty competitive with the other retailers. I will post a review on the units performance once I have a chance to use it.

Tom H
I ordered the 755 on Feb 9 and I am still waiting. There was no mention of a backorder on the website then. Now it states 7 to 8 weeks. Not sure how much longer I will wait for them. It appears they run the same $869 inc shipping special every couple of weeks. I'm curious if anyone has received this package from Soundcity in the past month.

Anyone?

Never having a home theater system before, I was originally set on the Kenwood HTB805DV until I read reviews on the Onkyo HTS755DVC. Does anyone have an opinion on either of these two systems? Is the price for the Onkyo (almost double) worth the extra cost? Being a novice in this area, I would really appreciate some HELP. Thanks.

Michael Wetzel
I just called SoundCity and the guy there told me that they are sold out of the 755, and those that are coming in are already sold as well. He also said that the package is actually discountinued and that Onkyo is coming out with a new package in 8-10 weeks! Hmmm.

Anonymous
Spoke with Onkyo USA. Onkyo has discontinued the HT-S755DVC and is replacing it with the HT-S767DVC which will be available May 2003. MSRP ????

Does the HT-S755DVC comes the wake/timer feature?

I called Onkyo today. The HT-S767C will contain a 6 DVD changer as opposed to 5 in the previous model. The price is going down to $800 MSRP.

I asked about any new features; they told me everything else stays the same.

jake

mike
Only leaves the question of when do we see it? And Where? Anyone sees this item pop up, please post.

chris b
i also have been looking at the hts755 and the new hts760 series. i called onkyo three times and got three different answers as to what reciever is in the 760. first was that is is the new tsxr601 recievr, then the new 501 and then that a totally new reciever would be used just for the htib. they all agreed that the 760 would have newer and smaller speakers and that the six disc dvd changer would be available. i zoomed in on the press release picture and it shows the 501 series reciever. also today, the crutchfield.com site is selling the hts760 and under the specs it shows the 501 reciever. SO, is the 501 reciever supposed to be and upgrade from the 600 reciever in the current hts755? i WAS sold on the hts755 untill i found this web site LOL! now i am back to being unsure, circuit city also has the hts760 (760 is without the dvd changer) for only $475, ALONG way from the $900 for the hts755. Any more info would be welcome! i wanted to order one this week :)

Anonymous
OneCall has an HTS760 system that they are offering for $499 shipped (have to call for "best price" it appears). Specs refer to a HT-R510 (100W x 6ch) receiver as coming with the system. I believe the receiver that came with the 755 was 80w x 6. The system does not include a DVD changer the way the 755 did.

A Google search under HT-R510 curiously came up with one result, the OnkyoUSA Customer Support Contact form page! Can't find any reference to the HT-R510 on the OnkyoUSA website.

Anonymous
The HTS767C has to have better than the 501 series and 601 series, since those don't have 100w of power for each channel. It is probably something in between the 601 and 701 recievers.

Anonymous
Do the ONKYO HTS760 and 767C have powered subwoofers? I have been waiting for a 6.1 system and think one of these models will do for me. Just can't find a 767C available to buy anywhere. Talked to circuit city and they told me they would only carry the 760 model. Should I wait to find the full package or go with the 760 and add my own DVD player. Also, how do the ONKYO dvds compare to other brands?

Secret
Onkyo HT-S767c

- yes it is a powered subwoofer

AudioSound.com has it for sale
http://www.audiosound.com/onhtdihosy.html

Jack
I've been doing some searching. The 767C's receiver uses the "501" casing and design, but the watts are increased from 65 to 100. Plus OneCall's website says that the 760/767 receiver includes the on screen display feature (which the 601 has, but the 501 does not - haven't confirmed this with onkyo yet). The receiver that comes with the 767 (or 760) is better than the 501, but the only thing it has better than the 601 is 15 more watts. Yet, it is cheaper to buy the 767C package than to buy the DV-CP701, TX-SR601, and SKS-HT510. The 601 has a five S-video inputs (including one on the front, and the DVD player's s-video input), whereas the the 760 receiver and the 501 have 4. The 601 also has 2 32-bit processors for surround decoding (760/501 have 24 bit), and has 192 kHz/24-Bit for music playback on the front channels (760 receiver and 501 have 96 khz.24-bit). The 601 also have composite to s-video conversion - the 760/501 does not. People tell me if you are a music nut, then the 192 khz will make a difference, otherwise 96khz is not big deal. ULTIMATELY you've got to find a place where you can listen for yourself (i.e. circuitcity), and determine whether you want to pay an extra $100-$200 for the DV-CP701, TX-SR601, and SKS-HT510 package. I'm still deciding, but I think I'm gonna go with the 767C. I've heard nothing but good comments regarding it. Hope this helps. By the way, some guy at Soundcity.com gave me a price for the DV-CP701, TX-SR601, and SKS-HT510 package of $867. Can't promise they will make it again if you call, but the 767C is running $779.

Anonymous
very helpful information as I shop for a HTIB. Thanks guys

Anonymous
The HTS 755 was very loud and well suited for a large room. Has anybody tried the 767 in a large room? Is it as good or better for large room acoustics than its predecessor?

The HTS 767 contains the same speakers as the 760, you simply pay about $400 more for a slightly better reciever and a 6-Disc DVD changer. It is perfectly adequate to fill a large room, as I can only listen to it at half volume in mine. A great unit!

Anonymous
does anyone know what the main difference between the HTS 650 vs 660 systems are? thanks

I purchased the HTS-760 and the left front speaker immediately gave tremendous feedback and popping sounds.

After 4 days the receiver began shutting down -with-in seconds of turning it on; this item was indicated in the manuel as "sub-wolfer" protection or something and to contact the dealer. So....I hauled it back to Circit City and they gave me a replacement for both the left speaker and receiver > however, they didn't tell me this was a different receiver the HT-R510(B)

I found out when my pre-labeled wires didn't fit back into the same holes because the holes are the back are 'different'.

Is the HT-510 an upgrade or improvement over the HTS760?

Thanks,

Anonymous
I am ready to buy. I have a Mitsubushi 65511 rear projection large screen and I am looking for a home theater and stereo.

I am considering the Onkyo HT-S767C. Has anyone used it the application I am contemplating? My basement is huge 1450 s.f. I have 5 Bose speakers in the ceiling and a Bose 301 cube system on the wall. I am considering running the home theater just on the Onkyo and the stereo through the balance.

Any thoughts?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us