Receiver replacement

Bronze Member
Username: Square_eyes

Canada

Post Number: 19
The equipment in the dedicated home theater room I created about 15 years ago has become dated, and sadly, it just doesn't get used anymore. I have the following:

Panasonic AE900 projector (720p) ceiling mounted, with conduit to receiver area.

Denon AVR 3805 receiver

Panasonic BD55 Blu-ray DVD player

~22 year old Energy Connoisseur Series C-8 front tower speakers; Energy ES-12 sub; EC-100 center channel; in-wall side & rear speakers.

Presently I can only watch DVDs, and in order to hook up an Apple Box for Netflix, etc, I’m wondering if I can get away with just replacing the receiver. If I also have to replace the PJ, that would be a deal breaker, as the cost would just be too high, as we have a 42†plasma upstairs with an Apple box.

So my question is: If all I need to do is replace the receiver, what would be the best bang-for-the-buck option for my system without being under powered? I guess I should aim for a receiver with similar heft, but want to spend as little as possible, as long as it has the correct outlets/ports to bring me up to date. New or used.

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us