Emotiva vs ARX vs NHT 7.1 Home Theater Speakers

Username: Lasic

Post Number: 1
Hello Friends,

I'm looking for helpful comments/owners' reviews for a new 7.1 HT speakr setup with choices of the following brands & models.

My room size is 15X21X9 ft. TV and speakers need to be on the 15ft side. Note that right side of the room is open to kitchen & breakfast area and no wall.

I prefer clean & precise sound rather than high volume or high bass. When watching movies, I prefer voice to be very audible rather than muffled by too much bass. Music - I sometimes listen to stereo setup and sometimes all channel (7.1) stereo.

(Yes, I understand that speaker preference is subjective and what suits our ears and taste is the best for us. I also understand that I could do 30-days trial audition at home. I prefer to ask around before doing so). If you have auditioned any or all of these models or own any of these models, I'd appreciate your comments/suggestions and why you would recommend them.

Thanks in advance for your comments and time.

(Below setups are not in any order. $300-$500 difference won't be a deal-breaker if the speakers excellent).
Setup-1
ARX (A5, A2C, A1B) for 7.0 speaker setup ($1556)
Subwoofer SVS SB12-NSD ($649)
Emotiva XPA-3 Amplifier ($699)
Total ($2994)

Setup-2
Emotiva (XRT6.2, XRC5.3, XRM6.1) for 7.0 speaker setup ($1596)
Subwoofer X-Ref12 ($699)
Emotiva XPA-3 Amplifier ($699)
Total ($2904)

Setup-3
NHT Absolute System with subwoofer B10d subwoofer
for 7.1 package - with current 20% off promotion is $2112
Emotiva XPA-3 amplifier $699
Total ($2811)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?