Audio lag

Username: Aaronyc

Post Number: 8
I am new to home sound/theater and have recently put together a little sound system centered around my turntable. Here is what I've started with:

Turntable: Dual CS 5000 w/ Grado XC+ cartridge
Pre amp: Musical Fidelity V-LPS II
Integrated Amplifier: NAD C 316BEE
Speakers: Polk Audio RTI A1 Bookshelf Speakers

Now I've added a TV and Blu-ray player into the mix and want to use my existing Polk speakers for sound when using the TV and/or the Blu-ray player. The TV and Blu-ray player I haver are:

Panasonic VIERA TC-L42E50
Sony BDP-S185 Blu-Ray

The first issue I ran into was trying to connect the TV audio to my integrated amplifier. The only sound output on the TV is a digital optical audio port and my amp only accepts the old twin RCA to RCA inputs. I guess my first question is what to do about this?

In the meantime I just connected the Blu-ray player to the amp and can at least use the speakers when playing a disc, however, when I do this there is a significant audio lag. The TV speakers sync perfectly but the external Polks connected through the Blu-ray player produce lag. What to do?

Silver Member
Username: Ecoustics

San Francisco, CA USA

Post Number: 260
I think you're saying when you play movies on your Blu-ray player the sound is not synched to the video on the TV?

Is this your setup now?

Video: Blu-ray -> HDMI -> TV
Audio: Blu-ray -> White/Red Analog Audio Out -> Integrated Amp

My only thought is to look through the Blu-ray player's menu for audio settings and make sure it's set to stereo, and experiment with any other audio related menu settings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us