Buying a new Speaker system... Anybody want to weigh in?

Username: The_stig

Statesboro, GA United States

Post Number: 1
So I've had an Onkyo HT-S5300 7.1 Surround sound system for a while it was good, but now I'm looking to upgrade my system to the best of my ability, First off, newegg had a combo deal on the Pioneer VSX-1121-k receiver and the Klipsch RW-12d sub so I bought it. Now, I'm looking for the floor speakers to go with my awesome sub and receiver. I'm looking to spend around 300 a speaker, 400 if the deal is AMAZING!. Out of all the stuff I've read, I see that Bose is way overpriced, Onkyo's are cheap and dull sounding, Polk is too expensive for what they are, which leaves klipsch, Aperion, Fluance, etc. If I can, I'd like to be able to buy each speaker individually or in pairs. Again, the most vital thing is a center and the floor speakers right now.

Bronze Member
Username: Klepsydra

Post Number: 37
At $300 per speaker you may be better off getting higher quality bookshelf speakers, rather then getting cheaper floor standing speakers.

If you are set on floor-standing speakers newegg.com has some pretty good deals on some clearance Klilpsch, Polk and Energy speakers.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15930
What speakers did you end up getting?

Username: Gaylordsecury36

Post Number: 4
This amount is enough you can get better speaker in this. Which one you want, any specific requirement?.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us