New and need some help...

Username: Heat03

Post Number: 1
We recently bought a new to us house. The old owners left their surround sound speakers and the TV in the living room; however, I've never had surround sound so I'm not sure what to do next. I know the equipment is older but am wondering if I can get away with it for at least another year or so. The TV is a Panasonic TH-50PX600, the 4 wall mounted speakers are Sony SS-V335 and the middle speaker is a Sony SS-CNP760. There is no subwoofer or reciever. The previous owner ran component cables and the speaker cables through the wall and there are connections for each in a cabinet that will house the cable box, DVD/Blue ray player and soon to be reciever.

I don't need anything great, just a good, budget friiendly reciever. It doesn't have to have too many inputs as I only plan on the DVD player and cable box. Additionally, during my research I've learned of a digital optical cable for audio. I don't believe that has been run through the wall as most of the equipment is slightly older. Am I going to need to run that before I get a reciever?

I guess the last and most important question... should I just scrap everything and use the tv sound for now and buy an in-the-box system and replace everything? Thanks in advance for your help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us