Bose to non-Bose theater setup

Username: Zippori

Post Number: 1
We moved into a house where the previous owner had a home theater with a Bose system. Thus the house is prewired with wires using the Bose connection at both ends. I do not have a Bose and have a yamaha receiver. My question is can I just cut the ends the Bose wires at both ends. The end where the speakers attached is the propiertary Bose connection. The other end where receiver sits looks like a "RCA" type connector. Will this expose more standard speaker wire that I can then connect to the receiver and my speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 878
Some Bose systems have bare wire speaker connections on one end and RCA plug on the other, with this system I am sure you could cut off the RCA pug and use the wire as a normal speaker wire. I don't think it would be different with a wire with a dedicated speaker plug on one end and RCA at the other. Is the wire structured with two strands like a normal speaker wire? See if one wire has some small writing on it so you can determine left and right. Use the one with writing as the right side but it would not matter as long as you are consistent.

Username: Zippori

Post Number: 2
Here are pictures of the two ends of the wire. There is no bare wire at either ends.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 879
If you cut the ends off are there then two wire you can split apart for left and right. It looks like you can from the picture.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us