Combination of LCD TV, Home Cinema Sound System, PS3 & XBox 360

Username: Ysk0304

Post Number: 1
As stated in the title above, I would like to setup the combination of the home system but I not so familiar with all the wiring system. Here are the list of my home system:

TV: Panasonic VIERA TH-L42U20s
(42' Full HD LCD TV with 3 HDMI, one of them does support ARC)

Home Cinema Sound System: Panasonic SC-PT480
(5.1 chn surround sound system that support ARC)

If can I would like to make my home cinema sound system become my main speaker for all the activities such as watching tv, playing ps3 and xbox 360 and as well as watching movie or listening song. All can be connected using HDMI cable and optic cable.

Your kind helps will be thank you-ed so much.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 835
This audio system is limited but anything is possible. Connect the PS3 to the system via HDMI, the Xbox to the TV via HDMI ARC input and the cable box to the system via optical and to the TV with HDMI. Connect the system to the TV via HDMI. Not sure how the ARC and Xbox will work but I will guess using the DVD input while playing the Xbox will give you the audio return from the TV. You may need to read the manual on this. You will need to select the correct input on the TV when switching sources. Between the PS3 ,Xbox and TV you spent $1500 you should have gotten a better sound system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us