Center channel placement

Username: Tubetype

Colorado USA

Post Number: 4
Thanks to responders on my installation questions.
More speaker questions: Closed back or contained speakers, are there any affordable closed back speakers?
Center channel placement, I have heard that you should mount the center channel at "ear level". What if this mounting position is not available?
Screen is mounted on brick, the mantle under the screen does not allow below the screen mounting. Above the screen mounting will place the center channel above everyone's head. The mounting location is brick! I am lookiing at removing enough brick to flush mount the speaker (possible Polk RC85i) or surface mounting a speaker, any suggestions?

For my in wall speaker locations what works good for "sealing" the void in a wall to keep vibrations to a minimum? Does building a speaker enclosure within the wall work?
My remodel will include drywall removal, wall reconstruction with drywall replacement, I am considering 5/8" rock to improve wall structure. All speaker locations will be wired with 14/2 speaker wire all lengths will be equal.
Thanks guys,any and all comments are appreciated.
PS, the name is William aka "tubetype"

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15517
Welcome to eCoustics Tubetype!

No problem in above screen position, install it on the brick surface not in the wall!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 811
All tweeters Should be at ear level , but this is not always possible. If your room does not allow for it then it can't be done. There are no inexspesive closed back speakers I know of. Boxing in an area 2x4 may sturdy the wall, but if your using Polk speakers this is all a waste of time, the speakers are polks and will be ok with a simple install, they are not going to great all of a sudden. If you want great inwall speakers check out Sonance, Speaker Craft, or possible Paradigm on wall Millenia speakers.
check out this slide show
http://www.electronichouse.com/slideshow/products/2796/517
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us