Need help with Onkyo tx-sr805 speaker settings

Bronze Member
Username: Thom123ht

Post Number: 14
Hello, I own a Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver. Hooked up to it, i have Polk rm6751 speakers. The cable box, is hooked up HDMI, the Receiver to TV is HDMI. I have looked and looked online here and other sites and i just can't seem to find the EXACT answer to my problem. The subwoofer doesn't seem to be working. Here are the settings:

The subwoofer is powered and has a L and R output, the RCA jack comes out the L and is plugged into the subwoofer input R which is just under the "center" L input. The phase is set at 0, and the low pass knob is maxed out at 160Hz. The volume is set at half, the auto on is set to ON because i have it plugged into the receiver. Those are the setting on the physical subwoofer.

The receiver settings ...

under speaker config is ...

Subwoofer ... yes

Front ...... 120 hz

Center ..... 120 Hz

Surround ...120 Hz

Surr Back ... None

Surr Back Ch ---

LPF of LFE ... 90Hz

Double Bass ... Off

If you need more info let me know, I admit right now, i don't have a big amount of knowledge when it comes to the fine tunings of Surround Sound. The equalizer is Audyssey. To my knowledge this is not a THX speaker system. I have the audio presets set to THX Cinema for all TV channels (HD or standard), DVD, and game components. Someone, please help me fine tune this stuff so i can get the subwoofer working, and to get even better sound than what i have now. I do know for a fact that the subwoofer does work, just a setting or two is wrong......

Thanks in advance for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 326
hi plug rca from sub into back of onkyo which is usually purple
into sub pre out single cable is fine.[mono]
and if not check rca end hold your finger on end before plugging into
onkyo to see if sub produced a hum sound.

theaudioguy.ca

Bronze Member
Username: Thom123ht

Post Number: 15
There is sound and power going to the subwoofer. The volume knob on the back of the subwoofer WAS at half, I turned it up to 3/4 and I can hear the sub better. The low pass knob on the back of the subwoofer is set at 100hz. The settings in the receiver menu ... The front, center, surround and subwoofer are all at 90hz. Any adjustments you suggest let me know.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15001
thom h

Put your sub volume to max!

If the sound is again too low, check in your Onkyo manual to set the level volume for the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 330
try another sub cable!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 787
Set the cross over in the receiver to 80hz. Use the receivers test tone in the set up menu to to balance the speaker levels, they are ussually -12 to +12. Set the sub to +6 to +12 you wiil get a bass note with these levels and you may have to back it off a little. just a suggestion FL +6, C +8, FR +6 both surrounds +12
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us