Trying to hook up Sony HT-SS370 to much older Sony KV-32TS36 TV

Username: Rayb99

Post Number: 1
Recently purchased new Sony Bravia HD TV and Blu-Ray combo that included the Sony HT-SS370 Home Theater (thrown in at almost no cost). Since I had a Bose Surround system running off my Sony component system already working in the Living room I wanted to use the HT system in the basement with the old Sony KV TV. Problem, no HDMI input on the older TV and no good alternate from the HT. There is a DM port output on the HT to which you are supposed to be able to attach a Digital Media Port adapter to end up with an RCA-type video input for the TV connection. Nothing I can find on-line had anything good to say about DMP adapters and almost all seem to be intended for use with I-pads, etc. Is this a dead end?

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 320
hi,
use component cables for video
sources
connected to tv

dvd cable box digital
audio out directly to sony ht reciever.

theaudioguy.ca

Username: Rayb99

Post Number: 2
Thanks -- that would be great if I had those choices. The only outputs on the Sony KS-370 are the DMPort and HDMI. The only inputs on the TV are: coax, S-video, and three RCA connections for video and L/R audio. Is there some type of converter cable that can take the output from the DMPort and split to the 3 RCA connections for the TV?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us