Any thoughts or suggestions?

Username: Mtl

Post Number: 1
Hi Folks,
I have a few questions that I hope you can assist me with.
I am in the process of re-building my home theatre system. I say rebuild as I had a Sony STR-DE845 with a JBL (5.1) HTIB speaker setup. I had this system for about 9 years.

I bought a pair of PSB Image T6's from about 6 years ago for my stereo and they sound great. Bear in mind that these are my initial reference point.

Now, I would like to get a set of 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 speakers for my home theatre setup. I just bought a Yamaha HTR-6295 receiver that will support 7.1 if need be.

I am considering Axiom or PSB at the moment. I had looked at Paradigm, Klipsch, Polk but based on reviews am leaning towards the Axioms. I had tried to find PSB's in and around Montreal but have had little luck. When I read that Axiom was online and in Canada it peaked my interest.

My initial thought was to get the Axiom's Epic 60 - 500. I think that I may want the towers for stereo audio and the rest for movies.

Usage -- TV (70%), movies (20%), music (10%)

Questions
1) Should I get the 7.1 setup even though most movies are encoded in 5.1?
2) What do you guys think about Axiom as a choice based on the fact that I have PSB at the moment?

I am somewhat new to this so try to keep it simple if at all possible.

Thank You!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 784
7.1 or 5.1, you can always start with 5.1 and up grade later. I think 5.1 is sufficient and if the wires are not run for 7.1 don't sweat it. If all the wires are in place and your budget allows for it then go for 7.1.
Only you will be able to answer which speaker sound s best to you. Both are good choices and don't discount the Paradigms without listening to a pair of Studio 20s.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us