Help setting up a PS3 to existing home theatre

Username: Cecere85

Post Number: 1
Hi,

As the title states I am trying to connect my PS3 to the home theatre in order to use the surround sound. My TV is a Samsung and so is the home theatre system. I believe it was an all-in-one deal because the speakers came with a Blu-Ray player and the hook up for the speakers is something I have never seen before. Blue, green, and pink connections for the speaker wires going into the blu-ray player. The connections cannot hook up to the PS3.

Okay so my TV is hooked up to the Blu-Ray with an HDMI. The speakers are hooked up into the Blu-Ray. That is how it is right now. The PS3 manual shows an HDMI going from it to the TV, and an optical digital cable going into the surround sound as an example. Given that my system is an all-in-one, I do not think this is possible. All the speaker wires hook into the blu-ray.

Can I use an HDMI or optical digital cable to go from the PS3 into the blu-ray? Then have the blu-ray turned on in order to get it to work? I would like the TV cable to utilize the surround sound as well. Would that make the process easier? Would I then just have to hook up an HDMI to the TV?

As you can see I'm really not sure how to proceed and I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks for your time,

Matt

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 304
matt hi I'm lost with your setup I wish you would of asked us here for reco...

does the reciever /bluray have optical in?

hdmi in?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us