Do I need a new HDMI cable or what?

Username: Martificiam

VilniusLithuania

Post Number: 6
My specs:
DVD player: OPPO OPDV971H
TV: LG 26LC2R
Speakers: Logitech X-530 5.1 surround sound system (connected via 6 analog cables, works perfectly)

The actual problem is with the HDMI cable. I got this DVD player from my aunt's husband, but he forgot to include the HDMI cable, so later on he sent me a DVI to HDMI cable. It is very long and I believe it's not from the DVD player's set. When I connected the player to the TV with this cable, I was getting random flickering and even 'No signal' problems. It mostly happens when I upscale the video. Although many reviews and even the official website says that it can upconvert movies to 720p/1080i, I can't find 720p. While pressing the DVI button, I see 576 pscan (I think that's the word near to it), 540 (and some x-scan word), a blank one (yes, this time when I upscale it just won't give me any writings on the screen) and 1080i Iscan. Where's 720p?
720p is closest to my TV's resolution.
That wouldn't be much of a problem if it didn't have these strange white lines, or, for the lack of a better word, dots, which appear on random places on the screen. More or less of them - it all appears on the resolution.
Moreover, this HDMI cable doesn't seem to improve the picture quality (I don't expect HD, but at least a noticeable improvement, since scart connection is terrible) while upscaling.

After all, I believe that the cable itself is faulty, so I want to buy a new cable (btw, that HDMI cable appears to be kinda old, it has some white paint on it).

What type of DVI to HDMI cable should I buy for this DVD player? I'm going to look for it at a local electronics store. Are there any particular types I should be looking for or does any DVI to HDMI cable work with this player?

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 293
yes

hdmi only
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us