Connection Troubles.

Username: Bkz81

New York, New York United Sates

Post Number: 1
Hello all. This is my first post on here today. Hopefully i can be as detailed as possible with my problem. I have a Toshiba Regza 46inch HDTV, along with a samsung HD cable box. Also i just purchased the Sony BDV-E570 blu-ray Home Theater system. I have the TV and Cable box connected via HDMI which is fine. But when i opened up the Sony HTS yesterday i saw that it only had one HDMI out and no HDMI in. It also has the green, blue, and red component outputs and one yellow video out. At this point i am confused as to where to plug stuff into. I have the Componet Cables, the other Red and white audio cable, spare HDMI cables, and a Digital Audio Cable at hand. How would i go about connecting the Cable box, TV, and HTS properly to get the best results? Thank you all for reading and hopefully someone can help me out, thanks again.

Link to HTS Manual http://www.docs.sony.com/release/BDVE570.pdf

Link to HDTV Manual http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/tacpassets-images/models/46xv545u/docs/46XV545U_om_e .pdf

Couldn't find Samsung HD Cable box manaul since i dont know the model. But it has also one HDMI, the usual Componet connectors, and Digital Audio connection.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1172
Greetings,

If you don't want to, or can't, return the Sony (I would NEVER recommend Sony for audio) then take the digital audio (either optical or coaxial) out of the cable box out to the Sony audio inputs then HDMI out of both the cable box and the Sony to the TV. Have you tried this?

Post Number: 2
I have a Digital optical Audio cable that i plugged into the cable box to the AV receiver and got audio from it but no video. Since i have no idea on where to put the video part to. As of now i have both the HDMI out from the receiver to the TV and the cable box to the TV. I hope i made sense there lol.

Yeah i kinda messed up with the SONY, but i am stuck with it and have to make the best out of it. Thanks for the reply back.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1173
You seem to have the connections made correctly but unfortunately, because of this setup, you will have to switch both the TV and the Sony to the proper inputs depending on what you want to watch. If you have the cable box in HDMI 1 on the TV and the TV input set to HDMI 1 and the Sony set to CBL/SAT or AUX or whatever then you should be set. To watch a Blu-ray you will need to change the input on the TV and set the Sony correctly as well.

Make sense?

Post Number: 3
It does a bit. But my issue is where do i connect to the coponent cables to? do i connect them from the cable box to the AV reciever or is there another way? thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1174
No need for component cables if you have HDMI

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 766
I've seen this Sony unit before. Connect the HDMI out from the Sony to the Toshiba TV,(HDMI INPUT 1) this will give you picture for the blu-ray on the TV when you select that input. Connect the HDMI out on the Samsung cable box to the TV (HDMI INPUT 2). You must select that input to get a picture from the Samsung. Connect the optical out put on the Samsung to the TV optical input on the SONY for sound only when you select that input on the Sony. On the Sony there is a FUNCTION button right next to the HOME button that will allow you to select the input on the Sony. You must also change the HDMI input on the Toshiba TV for the desired use.

Post Number: 4
Hey thanks for the reply. I will try this when i get home in a bit, and see how this goes. If i wanted to connect a xbox360 to this would i use the two Audio inputs on the far end of the reciever? thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us