Woofer set up (wire to rca)

Username: Girishsankar

Post Number: 1
Hello all,
I need some help with setting up of my woofer. I have hooked my dvd player with a receiver and using a coaxial audio cable to output the digital audio. I have connected the speakers to the receiver (speakers from old home theater system). I have a problem with the woofer as it is a wire connection and not a RCA. (I see lot of us have this problem).
I also have the old "home theater" system with an inbuilt amp which came with all the speakers and with the wired woofer. Is there anyway i can use cables from the receiver to the home theater receiver just to get the woofer working? I have a RCA cable (Red and white). How can i do this? Please let me know.
Thanks,
G

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1089
The woofer from your old HTiB is not powered and therefore not going to work with your new receiver. You would be doing yourself a huge favor by getting a new set of speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Vm8444

Post Number: 77
or subwoofer powered with rca into reciever

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1091
Using HTiB speakers for the rest? Yes doable but...

Username: Rafath

Post Number: 1
hi,
Does ur receiver have any subwoofer output? If it is so then u will have to attach one rca jack with the woofer only ,and connect it with the subwoofer output(in receiver). Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us