Please help ,getting confused!!

Username: Damon888moto

VICTORIA, BC Canada

Post Number: 1
have a new yamaha htr 6260 receiver and a samsung plasma and a hd pvr .i use a logitech 9000 to control everthing .everything works great exept.when i turn on the whole system i have sound but no picture,so i change the hdmi input on the amp from hdmi 2 to hdmi 3 and then back,to hdmi 2 and i get the picture fine.turn of the system and then back on and the same thing no pic so i change input back and forth and it works.i have both the tv and amp set on hdmi 2.the remote is set properly.any help would be great.sorry for the long post.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1046
Greetings Damon,

It sounds as though it might be an auto select problem where the receiver is looking for the proper video signal to pass, not finding it until the input is changed. Try changing the AUTO setting in the video setup menu to digital or some other appropriate setting.

Username: Damon888moto

VICTORIA, BC Canada

Post Number: 2
thanz jim i kinda figured out whats going on but still no fix.after i turn the system on i will manually turn the receiver of and then on again,then it works fine.its almost like the the receiver is turning on to quikly .if i turn the tv on then pvr then receiver its works.?

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1047
That weould be it Damon! The receiver is looking for a signal when it is first turned on and if it doesn't see one...

It may be possible, as mentioned before, to turn the AUTO feature off to make it a little easier to use
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us