Help needed for set up

Username: Cfc70

Post Number: 1
hi i have just got a sony surroundsound dar-100 have set it all up but cant get any sound from the speakers when watching tv only when a dvds on. all that comes from the box is a optical lead that fits in the dvd this is where i get lost i was told to buy the red and white audio leads, and then audio out tv audio in dvd but there s no in on the dvd only outs i have no optical socket on the tv i have brought hdmi lead no luck sony have been a great help "NOT" so any help would stop me kicking it out the window thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1042
Just prior to kicking it out the window dg do you have a cable or satellite box? The optical cable should be connected to that then settings on the Sony should take care of the rest.

Post Number: 2
got a cable box but its as old as me has no optical connection is there any other way or do i need to upgrade the cable cheers.

Bronze Member
Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 45
Looks like you will have to upgrade the CB or the TV or the Sony or... Just kick it out the window like Jim suggested!.

Just make sure the window is open first or you'll have to replace that too!

Post Number: 3
many thanks for your help new box it is.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1043
I don't know what cable company you have but getting an updated box could be as easy as going to a branch office and swapping it out. By the sounds of it they may want your old one for their museum!

Enjoy!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us