How to connect car subwoofer to bose acoustamass home surround sound

Username: Lucas29k

Post Number: 1
does anyone no how? i have the bose surroud sound looks like series three? there is a long base cube and 6 speakers. all the speakers wire into the bottom of the subwoofer then there is one big wire that goes from subwoofer to bose reciever. i have a car subwoofer sitting around and want to know if and how to hook it up. can anyone help me

Username: Lucas29k

Post Number: 2
http://www.arlingtonmass.com/fs/misc/bose_lifestyle/bose.lifestyle.bigger.jpg that is a pic of exactly what i have. its aparently bose lifestyle 12

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2608
­
Forget about it. The amplifier that powers all speakers in the Bose system is in their subwoofer. That's why all the speakers wire into the Bose sub. There's not enough power there to run a car sub.

Silver Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 121
Car amps and subwoofers are designed for 12V. They may also seem relatively louder when compared to typical home subs because they typically operate in a much smaller area and benefit greatly from an effect called "cabin gain" which is simply lost when the subwoofer operates in a huge room.

I'd recommend that you use the stuff designed for 120VAC for home theater and such and leave the 12V stuff in the car.

If you need higher levels of bass, there are many 120V solutions out there. Hsu research has some reasonable priced subwoofers that will simply knock Bose out of the water. Even a little Hsu STF-2 (10" subwoofer, 200 watts power) will probably outperform most car audio amp and sub combinations costing twice as much. Go up to a VTK-2 MK3 (15" subwoofer, 350 watts power) and it will positively shake the floor and walls.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 825
In order to use any sub with a Bose system you simply need to set up the Bose system in the normal way and then use the sub out on your receiver to a powered sub. Set the cross over to 80 and the Bose will play nice, If you have only a Bose receiver you can't do this because there is no sub out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us