PA Speakers with Home Theater Receiver?

Bronze Member
Username: Oposky2006

U.S.A

Post Number: 11
Hi, I have come by two Pyle 1600W Peak / 800W RMS Pro Audio DJ speakers (Don't worry, I didn't pay for them...), and was wondering if there was any way I could run them off of my Yamaha HTR-5280. (500w, 5.1) The back of the Pyle's have two 1/4 and two speakon jacks, and I read somewhere that a speakon cable is basically a black and white (red) inside, and it is possible to cut the speakon and plug in the black/red bare wire to the receiver, or do the same with the 1/4. I am confused because some PA speakers have bare wire spring jacks and some don't, which leads me to believe they are powered the same way as home theater speakers. I have looked all over the internet but cannot find a specific answer... is it possible (if so, how), to use my PA speakers (dual 1/4 & speakon) with my Yamaha HT receiver? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2605
­
"I read somewhere that a speakon cable is basically a black and white (red) inside, and it is possible to cut the speakon and plug in the black/red bare wire to the receiver, or do the same with the 1/4."

Get a couple NL2FC (2 pole) Speakon® cables, cut and bare the wire at one end to go on the receiver's speaker terminals. Whether your receiver has enough muscle to power these monsters to more than polite volume level without problem is an open question.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us